5.0 out of 5 stars PC build
If you're looking for the best Motherboard.... you've just found it.

Fantastic build quality with high grade components.
Perfect for my new build.
Would highly recommend to anyone.
Published 2 months ago by Kevan Cleaver

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars Dead after 6 months
Published on June 26, 2012 by Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead after 6 months, June 26, 2012
This review is from: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard (Personal Computers)
I used this motherboard for a workstation at work to do scientific calculations. While it worked this motherboard was OK. My main complaint was a buggy BIOS. After six months of use the motherboard suddenly and without warning died on me. I contacted ASUS for a warranty replacement. Around ten days later I received a replacement motherboard. However, the replacement had visible manufacturing defects: the motherboard was extremely warped. I really find it surprising that such an obvious manufacturing defect made it past quality control at ASUS. I contacted ASUS again and spent quite a long time on the phone with them. As of now the issue has yet to be resolved. ASUS said they would call me back but as of now they have not. I am disappointed with the quality of this motherboard, ASUS' quality control, and their warranty service. I have not been able to work now for several weeks because of these problems. I would not recommend purchasing this motherboard.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 10:37:47 AM PDT
Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the issue you had with the original motherboard and difficulty in obtaining a replacement from our service department.

We are trying to improve our quality control and customer service to make sure that customers receive replacement motherboards that are functional and in good condition as soon as possible. If you receive a motherboard that is defective, manufacturing or otherwise, or had service delays please contact me at cl-benson@asus.com reference #C1037-1984. If you have a case # or RMA #, please include it in your reply. Thank you.

For support information, please visit http://support.asus.com. For service, visit http://service.asus.com. For motherboard warranty, visit http://www.service.asus.com/warranty.aspx#!Motherboard%20Warranty/c1c20; Refurbished products/accessories: http://www.service.asus.com/warranty.aspx#!refurbished-warranty/c16us. For RMA status, visit: http://am.eservice.asus.com/rmaweb/search/rmCustomerQueryAction.do?.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where do I start, April 14, 2013
Headache after headache after headache after headache. On second Mobo and still cannot access the BIOS even after RMA dont buy this HUNK OF S$*&^@

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 5:06:43 PM PDT
Dear Valued Customer,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with trying to access the BIOS. Do you see any LED lights that are on when you are not able to access the bios?

If you have any questions or comments you can email me again at cl-jeffrey@asus.com which I reside in the U.S

ASUS strives to meet and exceeds our customer expectations within our warranty policy.

Jeffrey

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, December 11, 2013
when it works its great but these mother boards are very faulty when mine failed i returned it to the store i purchased it at and i received 3 used ones which none worked then the store had to special order it when i final received it, it only worked for 3 days i had to sent it to the manufacture to get it repaired and it cost me 50 to ship it Asus will not pay for it.

i just received my board back from RMA and it still does not work and they want my to spend more money shipping it out to them i don't think they even did anything to the board i still get the same failure as soon as i turn it on it trips the power supply and i bought a new one and it does it with both power supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Sold Me A Used Board And Sold As New, July 30, 2012
Bought this from Amazon LLC directly. Spent $1600- in addition buying processor, memory, power supply, SSD, etc. Motherboard arrived, I didn't even take it out of the packaging, just looking in package window, spotted bent pins. Immediately requested return. Could not get refund, no more available from Amazon directly. Ordered from Tiger Direct, paying $30- more + shipping. Compared new from Tiger to Amazon board, side by side, found plastic sheeting covering Tiger board heatsink missing, as was the LGA 2011 backplate I would have needed to mount my H100 watercooler onto. Closer examination showed plastic header for PCI_E_X16-1 slot missing, pins jutting out from PCB, many shorting. I was pissed, called and told customer support what happened. It is obvious this board did not leave the factory in this condition, Amazon got the return and threw it back into supply chain, sold it to me as new. I'm very pissed and very disappointed. Buyer BEWARE!

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 9:36:24 AM PDT
Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the issue you had with the motherboard. If you receive a product that is different than promised, does not perform as it should, or manufacturing imperfections, please contact the retailer for a replacement. In the event that you are not able to, you can request an RMA through us for repair or replacement. To begin the RMA process, please use the following form at: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/usa_rmaserv.aspx or call 1-812-282-2787. Thank you.

cl-benson@asus.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed me, December 26, 2013
Blew up after 2 months so I am dissapointed. For costing over $400 It really should last longer. dealing with RMAing is not fun. I would stick with something that is more reliable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mobo is good but customer service sucks, September 9, 2013
It's a very powerful motherboard with many many features but when it goes south, dealing with ASUS customer service is a total nightmare. I had RMA'd this board and after 3 weeks it came back with absolutely nothing fixed. I had the same problems with the same error code as before. Thinking it was my other components I switched everything, CPU, RAM, SSD, HDD, PSU, GPU, and also the CMOS battery. However, nothing changed. I contacted ASUS earlier because they had forgot to return my mounting plate and they told me they would send me via email for the tracking number. It's been over 5 days and I have yet to receive an email.

Outcome - nothing fixed, wasted time, money loss, and a missing mounting plate.

1.0 out of 5 stars missing Items, I suspect the Board is damaged, July 28, 2013
Missing items : Sata 3 and 6 gb cables, Probelt cable set, OC key cable, support DVD, ROG guide and processor pins look bent, I prefer not to install this board. and claim my A-Z guarantee

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Disapointed, October 11, 2012
I have been a loyal fan, user and proponent of ASUS products for several years. I have built mulitple systems using ASUS motherboards and video cards. My Rampage IV Extreme crashed shortly after I built my recent system. I did not overclock my system. On my first call to customer service (I'll use that term loosely) I was given a service number and told I would be contacted by "the factory" for a new replacement because I was under some kind of "super-warranty". Ten days later I contacted ASUS online, was given another service number with no follow-up. After 3 more tries I finally received an RMA #. I shipped my board UPS and waited for a reply. I contacted ASUS several more times with no response. The on line message said they had not received my board. Finally after 20 minutes on-hold and several more holds, my UPS tracking number was confirmed, but was told they could not locate my motherboard. I was told I would be given "high priority" for replacement and kept informed on their progress. That was several days ago and I still have not heard a word or received a replacement. AND, I am not getting a new factory board but a refurbished replacement.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 2:13:28 AM PDT
Dear Valued Customer,

We're sorry to hear about the turn-around time of your RMA. Please contact me immediately at cl-benson@asus.com if you have yet to hear from us. Reference #C1037-5234 in the email subject line and include your RMA #. RMA replacements may be new or refurbished. We cannot guarantee that they will be new. Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars make sure it works before 30 day refund ends, August 9, 2012
motherboard is good but i hate asus tech support. not being biased but support needs people from america and people that dont read from the manual in tech support that dont know what they are doing.i send back the motherboard twice one for processor not detected and the other one of the dimms were not working.only problem is this is the only motherboard that supports 4 way sli for a lga 2011 socket. if your going to get this motherboard get a 1 year at least replacement only $40 per year on new egg

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:38:35 PM PDT
Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the issue you had with the motherboard. If you've received a replacement and are still having trouble with it, please don't hesitate to contact me at cl-benson@asus.com reference #C1037-3919. Thank you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Asus Customer Service is THE WORST!, January 7, 2014
The performance of this motherboard is fine. But right off the bat there was a problem with the onboard audio not working. So I called Asus CS and was given an RMA # right away. Apparently, a certain percentage of these boards came from the factory with non-working audio and mine was one of them. So I sent the board off and two weeks later when I got it back the board had BENT CPU PINS. So I called again and after spending a WEEK talking to Asus CS, they finally relented and gave me an RMA # but they told me because of the damage they would have to send me a new board when they got confirmation that my damaged one had been sent. I complied and was told one was on the way. It wasn't. Over a week later, DAYS past when I expected to receive my board I found out they never sent a new one like they promised, but they DID get the one I sent. I called and was told "Oh Yes, we'll have it out to you today or tomorrow morning"...it wasn't. This went on THREE MORE TIMES! They would say, "Oh yes, we'll have it out to you today or tomorrow morning"....and it wasn't. It was only when I threatened to call the BBB, and to make bad reviews to every blog site, review site, product site, etc. that a board was FINALLY sent to me. Asus makes good boards (sort of) but their customer service SUCKS A*S!

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 4:37:54 PM PST
Greetings,

I am sorry that you had an issue with the RMA process. Since you posted this review, has everything been resolved in this case? If not, please contact me through email, including the serial number within the message, and we can discuss this case further. Your reference number for this case is 3408346.

Mark