Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 11, 2013
I am so thankful for this book. It has helped us use are money to bless God rather than just for ourselves. A couple of weeks ago our van started having problems and at first I started to be stressed, but then realized we had the money for it. What a feeling! We also have savings!!!!! It really has provided freedom for us. I was a business majoy in college so I had to do some reconfiguring of my monetary beliefs, but it was so worth it. It is also written for anyone.
on November 26, 2013
My church just offered David Ramsey’s Financial Peace University course (for the second time). My work schedule didn’t allow me to participate, but I have been curious about what insights Ramsey has and why people have found his materials so helpful. Church friends and family members have suggested my wife and I take his course (because of our mountain of student loans). So I was excited to review Ramsey’s The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition.

Ramsey offers a plan for becoming debt-free, financially secure. This enables you to use your financial resources for the kingdom. His ‘total money makeover’ counters several myths about debts and making money and suggests ’baby steps’ to bring your finances into order. These baby steps include:

creating an $1000 emergency fund
making a dept-snowball by paying off your debts lowest to highest.
finishing your emergency fund (increasing it from $1000-$25,000)
maximizing retirement investment
putting aside money for the kid’s college fund
paying off the mortgage
building wealth like crazy!
Each of these steps are filled out by Ramsey’s practical insights. He is someone who has made a lot of money, and spent beyond his means and has learned to be a better steward of his resources as a resuilt. Sometimes his approach dovetails with popular approaches to financial planning. For example, he says what just about every smart money guy says about saving for retirement (do it, especially while you are young). In other places, Ramsey’s views stand in opposition to the prevailing wisdom: He does not advocate buying on credit at all, borrowing or going in to debt for any reason, he does not not believe it is good to have a mortgage for tax breaks or to keep low interest student debt, He does not advocate using credit (at all). Yet his approach has helped thousands overcome bad habits, grow wealth, and become financially secure. The book is full of testimonials of families that Ramsey has helped get out of debt..

I appreciate Ramsey’s approach, especially because I feel financially strapped with major student debt. Ramsey gives practical, actionable steps which I am making plans to implement more fully in my life. I give this book four stars and recommend to anyone struggling with their finances (or who wish to manage their money better). This book has inspired me to be more mindful about spending, saving and budgeting.

Thank you to Thomas Nelson for providing me with a copy of this book through Book Sneeze. I was not asked to write a favorable review, just an honest one.
on November 24, 2013
I was recently asked to review Dave Ramsey’s book, The Total Money Makeover. I received the book as an eBook on my reader. Let me say that this would make an awesome gift for any newly married couple. My family has been a Dave Ramsey fan for years. I love that he is so down to earth and doesn’t talk down to anyone. He’s been where most of us have been (bankruptcy, debt, kids, unemployment, etc) and he certainly gives it to you straight. His views are based in the Christian faith but it’s not “in your face” in case you don’t believe in the same things he does.

Total Money Makeover takes you through several steps, not all of which can be completed overnight. This is not going to solve all your troubles with a quick fix, but instead, with a program you can use for the rest of your life. From setting up a budget, saving for college education and retirement, and best of all, becoming debt free! Personally, the hardest part so far has been sticking to our household budget. While it’s great to see those debts coming down each time we make a payment, it’s hard not to just spend again because we see something new at the store we’d LOVE to have…right now!

You definitely have to have your significant other on board with you, and Dave mentions that several times through the book. If only one of you are saving and paying down debt, then you’re just spinning your wheels. He has a saying: Live like no one else, so someday you can live like no one else. Basically while most other people are racking up the credit card debt and you eat rice and beans and drive a used car, one day you’ll live in a house that is paid off taking a family vacation while they are still struggling to pay their ever-mounting bills!

Some of Dave’s advice is hard to follow; not that it’s morally challenging or anything, but he’s very up front that retailers, advertisers, even your own friends and family may work directly against your plan of action. But you have to stay strong and remember why you’re making this drastic change, so you can break this endless cycle that Americans find themselves immersed in.

I would definitely recommend this book to everyone. Buy extra copies to give to your friends and family members. Check out Dave Ramsey on the radio, on his website, even check out his classes being offered locally!

You can purchase The Total Money Makeover on Amazon as well as your local book stores.

Book Description:
If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

Build up your money muscles with America’s favorite finance coach.

Okay, folks, do you want to turn those fat and flabby expenses into a well-toned budget? Do you want to transform your sad and skinny little bank account into a bulked-up cash machine? Then get with the program, people. There’s one sure way to whip your finances into shape, and that’s with The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition.

By now, you’ve heard all the nutty get-rich-quick schemes, the fiscal diet fads that leave you with a lot of kooky ideas but not a penny in your pocket. Hey, if you’re tired of the lies and sick of the false promises, take a look at this—it’s the simplest, most straightforward game plan for completely making over your money habits. And it’s based on results, not pie-in-the-sky fantasies. With The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition, you’ll be able to:

Design a sure-fire plan for paying off all debt—meaning cars, houses, everything
Recognize the 10 most dangerous money myths (these will kill you)
Secure a big, fat nest egg for emergencies and retirement!

Disclosure: Thank you to the publisher of The Total Money Makeover, Thomas Nelson, for providing a copy of this book for review as part of their Book Sneeze program. All opinions expressed are my own.
on November 19, 2013
In a world of get-rich-quick schemes and scams, it’s refreshing to read some common sense about money.

Dave Ramsey’s the Total Money Makeover walked me, a skeptic, step by step, from reluctant reader to Dave Ramsay fan. It’s easy to see how so many people have come to sing Dave’s praises. His method for financial freedom is simple, but it isn’t easy. Each chapter contains testimonies from those who have used the system and benefitted from it.

The “makeover” includes these steps, which I’ve paraphrased:
• Start an emergency fund of $1000
• Pay off debts, beginning with the smallest
• Save 3-6 months of living expenses
• Plan for retirement
• Pay off the mortgage
• Live, give, and invest

Dave says repeatedly: “If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.”

This requires saving for the future. Dave recommends growth-stock mutual funds for investing longer than five years. Specifically, there are four types of funds Dave recommends investing in, each receiving 25% of your retirement savings:

1. Growth and Income funds
2. Growth funds
3. International funds
4. Aggressive Growth funds

The Roth IRA allows you to invest in retirement and pay no taxes on the money. If you can live on 8 percent of your nest egg, you are “secure.”

Here are some quotes I loved from the book:

“You are the problem with your money.”
“The good thing about principles is that they make life easy. . . . When some bases his life on principle, 99 percent of his decisions are already made.”
“If you invested what you pay in monthly payments, you’d be a debt-free millionaire before long.”
“The Bible states that the pure religion is actually helping the poor, not theorizing over why they are poor (see James 1:27).”
“Wealth will make you more of what you are.”

A simple process that leads to financial freedom, the book also includes worksheets in the back to help the “makeover” a reality.
on January 9, 2016
I'd recommend this book to anyone regardless of whether they think they need a total money makeover or not but gives practical examples and answers the questions that I was going to call Dave's radio show about. It's all in here!!
on January 7, 2014
My husband and I took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace class recently at our church. It changed our lives! I gave this book to my nephew for Christmas along with an envelope of pocket money. This book has short stories about people in different financial and life situations followed by myth and fact answers. It is easy to read and learn. Plus at the back of the book are the forms we used in our class. Anyone would benefit from this book and its content!
on November 14, 2013
Are you living paycheck to paycheck wondering when things will get better? Being financially strapped can be a difficult and stressful way to live life! Dave's book Total Money Makeover has been helping people become debt free for years. His advice is nothing new, but helps you to take the knowledge you have and actually put it to work in your life. This book is different from Dave's other book Financial Peace. Dave says that "Financial Peace is 'what to do with money'. It is a great textbook for common-sense money management. So how is The Total Money Makeover different? It is more than a 'what to do' book--it is a 'how to do it' plan." (pg. 30 in the e-book version)

My husband and I have both read this book and it really has helped us financially. After reading about funding the $1,000.00 emergency fund, we decided that we would start with that. Little did we know that my husband would injure his knee and need ACL surgery 6 months later. Without that emergency fund, the three months off of work would of been really rough. Dave has some great advice and makes you take a good look at yourself in the mirror. Dave says that he is "positive that personal finance is 80 percent behavior and only 20 percent head knowledge." (pg.14 in the e-book version) I like how Dave is straightforward about the real problem. He says, "So my total Money Makeover begins with a challenge. The challenge is you. You are the problem with your money." (pg. 51 in the e-book version) If you are living paycheck to paycheck with a mound of debt, pick up Dave's book and read it. You'll be surprised at the little changes you can make that will make a huge difference in your life!

**I received this free e-book from Booksneeze in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
on January 16, 2016
"The Total Money Makeover" is a great book for those in all walks of life, each with differing financial situations. I read this book as a young adult who will soon be graduating college, and although I will admit it was geared more for those in NEED of a makeover, it still pertains to anyone who wants to take their financial future seriously. The guidelines and principles Dave lays out in this book are both solid, realistic, and attainable. He really shoots it to you straight, that through hard work and determination, you too can be 'financially fit'! Great book, would recommend to anyone!
on September 15, 2013
This is a good book that should inspire people to get there finances in order. I have one daughter and her husband who have embraced this message and are getting rid of debt faster than their anticipated goals. For me some of what Dave talks about is common sense, but then not all of us structure our lives around common sense. Many testimonials reinforces his points.
on October 23, 2013
Many of us at the very least have gone through a phase where we had money troubles. We may not have even thought of ourselves as being in that much “trouble” but were, in fact, hanging on the edge of possible financial ruin. It is extremely stressful to be in a situation where we are in slavery to debt and struggling to pay the bills without a financial breakthrough in sight.

Dave Ramsey offers practical solutions in a step-by-step process to eliminate debt and move toward financial prosperity. It is not a get-rich-quick scheme and he warns that the process is not easy. However, with some determination and the know-how he offers, Dave shows how anyone can win the fight for financial freedom.

I had heard of Dave Ramsey’s methods before, and even used his first few steps when I was pulling myself out of a major financial slump a few years ago. However this is the first time I actually read any of his books. I can’t say I agree with everything he says about credit cards and debt, but the gist of his message is pretty solid. I will say that for anyone deep in debt and financial struggles, it would be wise to follow his instructions to the letter. My main disagreement comes in when he discusses never borrowing money for any reason. I believe in staying out of debt, but there is a time and a place for it. It would take too long to debate this topic, however, so I will just say that his plan is pretty solid for getting out of debt. As I said, some years ago I was at the point where I had to start going through his baby steps and they worked to get me out of the crisis I was in. The later steps are important for building wealth, and there is some room for modification to fit the individual or couple. I like the fact that he gives guidelines and advice on how to set your own targets based on your income, goals, and family situation.

Of course I loved the chapter where he talks about what to continue to do with your money on the last step. He urges the reader to continue to invest, but also to have fun and give to others! As motivational as the first two chapters are, it’s the last part that really spoke to me. The secret to getting there is delayed gratification! I have become so used to the “delayed” part that I don’t really give that much thought to the “gratification” part! Don’t get me wrong, I look forward to it, and I know it’s there, but I don’t really dwell on the details. I think now that that’s a mistake! Waiting is easier when you have dreams that might someday come true!

I received this book for free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions and thoughts I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255