Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University Audio CD Library: 13 Life Changing Lessons
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 1, 2009
I absolutely would purchase this CD set again or recommend it for any of my friends that are looking for some easy to understand advice on general financial subjects. Dave Ramsey was a name that I didn't know very well, and now I'm a big fan. The only thing I would do differently is I would also purchase the workbook that goes with Financial Peace University as it will contain all of the forms he speaks of in the CDs.
on August 25, 2010
Our church is offering this class for $99 per person. I've been wanting to go, but don't have time to go every Monday night for 13 weeks and my husband and I wouldn't be able to take the class at the same time - one of us has to stay home with the kids. I bought these CD's and both my husband and I have been able to listen to them. We have done pretty well in the past with our finances, we have IRA's, we have an emergency fund and we have college funds for the kids. However, I have always been really bad about spending too much and we could have been saving so much more all these years. After listening to these CD's, I find it hard to splurge on anything anymore. I go to the store, my kid's beg for this or that and I don't give in. We have a couple of debts that we could pay off if we concentrate on them, but never have. After listening to the CD's, we started doing the math. If we pay off these two credit cards and don't have that debt, we would have so much more money to save and our lives would be more peaceful not having to worry about paying those bills. We've also known for a couple of years that we need more life insurance. These CD's made us realize that we need to go ahead and do it NOW. After listening to these CD's, we have a plan!! We have already purchased the additional insurance, are having our will updated, saving more money, paying off debt and re-evaluating all investments and insurance policies. These CD's have given us the inspiration to get everything in order and manage our money rather than just letting things go.
I highly recommend the Financial Peace University - I MADE my sister buy the CD's.
on January 29, 2009
Buy this for any High school or college grad. It's the course they didn't get in school. Even if you are "on the right track" with your money, listen to it. The original set is a kit with books but I didn't seem to miss having them for the price. Dave is a very good storyteller and engaging presenter.
on January 6, 2013
This audio CD library is well worth the price. After listening to a couple of discs, I have already gained a good number of techniques on how to manage my finances more effectively. I definitely recommend this set to anyone who is looking to get out of debt, save for future purchases, or just handle their money better.
on September 23, 2015
We've bought this for ourselves, as well as several times for others. It makes a great addition to premarital counseling in teaching couples how to work together. While the topics covered may not always be relevant to every person, after ten years of using some variation or other of FPU, the principles don't change. This is a great audio guide to build a more solid financial foundation. Finances shouldn't be your peace, but they shouldn't steal your peace either. The CD series is entertaining and educational and worth listening to more than once.
on January 5, 2013
As usual, Dave Ramsey is the voice of reason when it comes to finances. In this world of instant gratification, people find it hard to have the discipline to handle their finances wisely. Sadly they pay in the long run, as life goes by quickly, and we find ourselves ready for retirement, and still making payments. If young people would wise up, and handle their finances wisely, they wouldn't be strapped later in life.
on August 6, 2015
This is the third time we've purchased this for ourselves or friends. Love this course, a definite must have for newly married couples or college students just starting out. Great foundations to build your lifestyle upon.
on October 7, 2011
AWESOME SELLER, DEAL & CONTENT! I've listen to Dave Ramsey and he is THE BEST! I bought Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University for myself and I bought a second one for a family member (they weren't getting mine...I just couldn't part with it). Dave Ramsey's CD's and program are easy listening and totally do-able!

My family member was a die-hard instant gratification/impulse spender and now I'm happy to say has listened to Dave Ramsey and has implemented Dave's strategies. I'm not talking about a kid here, this person is in his mid-fifties and has had this unconscious spending mindset all of his life. From the very first Dave Ramsey CD that he popped into his car CD player, he was hooked! He even looked forward to repetitive listening of each CD several times to have it become ingrained in his memory before moving on to the next one...very cool!

His transformation is amazing! He's turned his life around to be a financial wizard and has learned how to accelerate getting out of debt years sooner than he otherwise would have done.

He's so much more financially responsible with his retirement planning/investment funds/insurance policies and especially of conscious spending of his money. He's become a very smart shopper that recognizes the difference between "wants" and "needs" and if it's not a "need" he doesn't "want" it.

Best of all, he's not stressed out over doing it. He's actually happy and looks forward to finding different ways of saving money. It's so fun to carry on a financial conversation because there is no more tension and frustration that goes with it. Instead, he lights up and even initiates conversations regarding finances. I never thought I would ever see the day when that would happen, so thank you very much Dave Ramsey! A million times thank you!

You won't regret buying any of Dave Ramsey's programs...you'll only regret it if you don't! :D
on March 31, 2015
This is very entertaining. It's designed for the "average" person though. Not so much for the experienced investor/business owner. Dave Ramsey is an amazing guy with a smooth presentation and years of amazing experience. I admire the guy. But I honestly didn't get a whole lot out of this cd set. I would however recommend it for most people.
on June 7, 2014
Extremely useful information, get one thinking quickly. Highly recommended this to everyone. Already put plans into action.and showing some results