Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 24, 2013
I have a 2004 f150 fx4. The front Left spring was broken so I found these as an alternative to Monroe quick struts. They only lifted the truck about 2" but the ride is amazing compared to my old worn out ones. Super soft and comfortable on lowest setting. Great offroad driving through fields and such. Highly recommend over lift plates that go above strut. Alignment was off about 1degree toe so remember to get an alignment after install.
on January 16, 2016
Wow! What a huge difference in the ride and ride height. Granted, I purchased these to replace both front broken coil springs on my F150. But even with 2 broken coils the truck still drove pretty well. But after I installed these, it lifted the front of my truck up a good 2.5 inches. Which would be about 1.5 inches from stock. (as advertised) Fairly easy install. Be sure to read other people's tips and tricks first so you don't make the same mistakes and the install should go pretty smoothly. I do mostly on road driving so I leave mine set on 6. Being able to adjust the ride is a great option to have available and it's easy to do too.
review image review image
on November 15, 2014
Struts made an immediate and noticeable difference in the ride over the OEM struts. Lifted my F-150 up 2.5 inches over the stock height. Installation was easy, as spring was attached. I installed the struts myself in about an hour per strut. You will need the proper lack lists and stands to do the job yourself. be sure to set the spring level prior to installation. Changing the spring level will be EASY to adjust when needed. I am pleased I purchased these struts and the shocks to go with them.
on February 24, 2012
These are terrific parts, have a 9-setting valve easily hand adjustable to take the ride from soft (1) to OEM (I think it's 3) all the way up to a very sturdy/stiff ride (9) which is ideal for towing near max loads. Also available is a remote operated system; however, given that the strut can be set by hand in seconds (by reaching under the truck to the bottom of shock) I personally feel the remote is too expensive for what it does for you.

[Original item photo was an RS5000, Amazon corrected and photo is now the RS999910 Quicklift]
on May 30, 2013
I watched a video from Rancho several times before attempting to install. Helped me greatly. Was very easy for me. Looks great and better yet, my 2004 FX4 Super Crew rides better then ever.
on June 15, 2015
Easter to install lifted the truck at least 2 inches, 07 f150 is now very close to level, maybe a1/2" higher in front. I would prefer rs5000 series shocks in these quick lifts but so far no complaints w the rs9000 series. I set the adjuster in the middle and find the ride quality to be good
on November 9, 2015
My truck was sitting lower than stock, so I knew I wanted to lift the front and the rear in order to maintain the factory rake. I had decided on these and also added the Rancho RS9000XL Rear adjustable shocks so I could select my ride firmness. Even after sagging over several weeks, the Quick Lifts still gave me over 1 1/2 inches of lift in the front. I rode with them set at 5 for the first several weeks, and eventually tried turning them counter-clockwise to 4. The ride was plenty soft but I had a load this past weekend and turned them clockwise up to 7. Like the Ranchos in the rear, both Ranchos in the front were a pain to adjust. Turning the knob required you to turn them in the opposite direction to get enough space to build up torque to turn them past where they were set to. They ride just fine at 7 in the front and 9 in the rear so I may decide to just leave them that way. They still ride better than my sagging, sorry stock suspension and my front end is no longer going airborne over pot-holes on 287 (yeah, that was scary when the front would finally come down and the truck would lurch left or right).

I don't know how well the adjustment knobs will hold up to the Northeast winter, but I've seen others take off the face plates and apply a treatment to the assembly to keep it from sticking. I don't feel this should be necessary on a new unit so that's where the star is lost.

The install wasn't too annoying, although be prepared to fuss around with your axles if you're not going to pull them completely. You can easily pinch or tear your CV boots once you've forced the bottom of the strut passed the ears on the lower control arm. Once free, the strut will jump forward on you and could do some damage. Be careful with your CV axle and play with the angle (you've got to detach the tie rod end anyway so make it count).

This was installed along with a Timbrens SES, Rancho RS9000XLs, and SuperSprings SSA28 Helper Springs.
on February 20, 2015
Awesome product. Put these on the front of a 2005 Ford F150 FX4. Took me a little over an hour total to install both. If you work on trucks much, these are not hard to change out. Disconnect the lower ball joint & outer tie rod and swap the strut out. Being that these are a few inches longer than OEM struts, they take a little persuasion to go back in but not too bad. They took the rake out of the truck all together. The truck now sits perfectly level. The ride is smoother than with the factory struts. These are well built struts. Not cheap junk.
on April 8, 2015
I think this is the best thing you can put on your truck for leveling the front. It also fixes the problem of the truck swaying around in turns and nose diving when you use the brakes from the very cheasy factory strut getting worn out after just 120,000 miles. Very easy to install. Take to your ford dealer and let them line it up after installation. I have been using mine for about 9 months now and the ride quality is absolutely amazing, the difference from OEM to these.
on October 30, 2013
I replaced my OEM shocks / coil springs and an Autospring 2.5" spacer block with the Quicklift Loaded on my 2004 F150 4x4. I have the 5.4L with a heavy duty winch bumper and 9000lb winch. Before the quicklift loadeds, measurements from ground to the top center of the wheel arches with 35x12.50/17 tires was 40.75" front, 40.75" rear. After 38.75" front and 40.75" rear. I literally lost 2" of lift going with these!

Now that's the bad. Now for the good. The rock hard leveling kit ride is a thing of the past. I set my front adjusters to 6, the rear to 4 and away I went. Rancho recommends that setting for street / highway, but I use it offroad as well and it performs very well.

I am working with Rancho, and checking the Ford Truck forums to see what others have come up with. It appears the coil spring included in the Quicklifts doesn't have a correct spring rate, and is basically too soft, so winch bumpers, winches, larger displacement engine etc... tend to make them sag more. There are several guys putting 1 and 2 inch spacers on top of these!

While I believe Rancho has the right idea, they need to belly up to the bar as it were, and fix these things so they give the full advertised lift, and offer free replacements with LABOR for the ones they shipped out defective...

I think if they straighten out the ride height issues, these could be a real winner in the long run.