Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on May 19, 2009
I've purchased three of the books in this series, one for each of our children for our upcoming trip. Of the three (Kid's Road Atlas, Are We There Yet, and the Best Travel Activity Book Ever), this one is mostly pencil-game oriented with a few suggestions for conversational games, songs, and "When you get there" games at the end.

Highlights:

*the pages are colorful and include a wide assortment of pencil games. Our nine-year old could complete all of them--our seven-year old could complete most.

*Answers at back

*Should entertain our seven-year old for awhile...good value for the money. Nothing spectacular, not especially "educational," but a nice entertaining book for road travel.
0Comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2001
This is a great book for long car trips or just to play at home.Some activities include:mini-mysteries, mazes, crossword puzzles, where to find this, coloring pages, car bingo and many, many other fun activities.Rand Mcnally is a great activity book company.I suggest getting this book, and SOON!
0Comment40 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2008
I bought two of these books for my 9-year old and 12-year old daughters. They kept both of them entertained for two 5 hours rides with more left. My older daughter especially enjoyed searching for different license plates and checking them off in the book. I'd definitely recommend this book for older kids for a road trip.
on August 25, 2010
Our 9 year old grandson spent time doing the activities in this book on a car trip that was 4 hours each way. He did it independently and seemed to enjoy it. Not too much like school work. He could pick it up and put it down and the activities were a good length.
on July 20, 2008
This book kept my 3 grandkids from quarreling in the back seat of the van! Great entertainment!
on January 13, 2013
but for being from Rand McNally, I was really hoping for more of a map or atlas. You'll need one of these for each child because they have to write in them, so you can't reuse them. It does get the job done as far as giving the kids something to do, but I prefer the National Geographic Kids Ultimate U.S. Road Trip Atlas: Maps, Games, Activities and More for Hours of Backseat Fun. This has activities that can be done over and over again on your trip, has maps of each state and interesting facts about each and you'll only need one for the whole car.
on June 16, 2010
We bought this for our kids when we traveled. It kept them entertained for a reasonable amount of time and can be reused or passed on. It was a worthwhile purchase for a long road trip!
on November 29, 2008
It's cute, fun and interesting...varied activities...well done. But my little guy got bored with it after 8 or 10 pages.
on January 8, 2014
Perfect book for your child to keep busy in the backseat of your next road trip. My daughter loved the various activities.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2013
lots of fun pages including journal pages, activities and colorful, interesting graphics. I love this for my 1 and 2 grader kids
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse