Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rand McNally fabMAP Key West
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 26, 2008
Fabmap means fabric map, and that's just what it is -- an 8 by 11 inch color map on washable cloth! It's just the thing: clean your glasses, your camera lens, wipe the kid's nose; carry it around in your pocket or purse. No neurotic fits trying to fold the thing!

And it's really quite a good map: most of the island on one side, Old Town on the other. It's very attractive, easy to read, and most of the major points of interest are noted.

I have two of these -- one in my camera bag, another in a pocket. Other than the free placemat-sized maps available all over town in Key West, this is the one to have.

Marsh Muirhead - author of "Key West Explained - a guide for the traveler"
on April 23, 2009
This is such a clever idea that works particularly well to depict a small town/island such as Key West. This map fits into any space you have, even wadded up on your pocket. It's especially nice to be a little incognitoe and not scream "I'm a tourist" by looking at a traditional map! The only drawback is that some landmarks and places are labeled on one side (there are two maps, one small scale and one large scale on either side of the cloth) but not the other, so depending on what you're trying to locate, you might need to keep flipping from one side to the other.
on July 4, 2012
Key West is so small and laid out into distinct areas, that after the first day there you probably do not need a map. But the map does point out some historical sites that your hotel may not have listed on its local map. Its more for planning what highlights you want to see than for use on the actual key.
on January 13, 2013
When I ordered this map I didn't realize that "FabMap" meant a map printed on fabric. When it arrived I thought: " this is cute but pretty useless." Upon reaching Key West, however, I found it to be quite useful. I like to run five miles or so every day and with all the streets in KW it would be easy get lost but my FabMap kept me on track, so to speak. I tucked it in the waistband of my running shorts and pulled it out whenever I was uncertain of my whereabouts. It didn't stain or smear -- after a week of perspiration it's still as good as new. Just a little note: on the overall street map of Key West, the water at the bottom of the map is labeled "Gulf of Mexico" -- it's not the Gulf, it's the Atlantic Ocean.
on June 28, 2011
This is such a handy little map to have. You can scrunch it up in your pocket. It takes virtually no room. Easy to read and follow.
On a recent trip to Key West I decided to give this inventive little item a shot. It seemed like a great idea, a map that you just cram into a pocket and that wouldn't look too touristy when you pulled it out (plus, it's great for cleaning glasses!). In principle it is a good idea and I did use it to some degree.

The problem that I had with it is that it has precious few landmarks and popular destinations. When trying to find the Southernmost Marker, or the Hemingway House or any well known restaurant or bar, you had to know the cross streets or the address. Luckily I bought more than one map from Amazon prior to my trip and they had tourist spots on them, so this one stayed in my pocket and eventually my hotel room.
on December 18, 2013
I thought this was fantastic. The material its made out of are GREAT for cleaning sunglasses and phones. And it fits right in your pocket. No worries on keeping a normal map folded smoothly
on March 24, 2016
Came in handy on a trip to key west. It's like a handkerchief...
on October 17, 2010
This was nothing that I expected. It is a map of Key West but on material the size of a man's hanky. Not sure wether I'm going to even use.