5.0 out of 5 stars A super reference
Published on January 25, 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacking a Lot for a Large Book
For as large as this book is,it lacks a lot, I'm very disappointed! I had to go back to A-Z Crossword Dict. for words as common as "Dental & Laser".
Published on October 19, 2004 by Wally J. Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars A super reference, January 25, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Random House Webster's Crossword Puzzle Dictionary: Third Edition (Paperback)
An exceptionally clear lay-out, informative and useful book. The print is easy to ready, and it's jam-packed with up-to-date information. Another bonus is that the hardcover version, with it's good quality paper and binding, is very durable (I've never used the softcover version, so I don't know about that one). It has more long words even than the New York Times crossword dictionary which, furthermore, fell apart much sooner despite being hard cover and with a similar price. With over 700,000 bits of information, it is quite simply an excellent reference manual for crossword junkies, I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, December 7, 2000
"lindylou99" (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a very nice book, with good-size print and quality paper. Lots of entries, and very useful sections in the back for nobel prize winners, god and goddesses, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Correction to previous review, February 5, 2001
"lindylou99" (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
Oops! The book does have all that great info about gods/goddesses etc., but it's not at the back of the book. It's included as a regular alphabetical entry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Random House Webster's Crossword Puzzle Dictionary, October 2, 2005
Michael Mcdonald (Alamo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Very helpful and much better organized than other crossword dictionaries I've tried. It's a bit out of date and often things you'd expect to find aren't there, but it is very useful, especially for movie, sports, geography, place names, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, January 5, 2003
Joan M. Strauss (LaBelle, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I wrote a review on this book and put the review on the A to Z review. Please change for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacking a Lot for a Large Book, October 19, 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Websters Crossword Puzzle Dictionary helps, July 14, 2013
I wore my hardback copy to a frazzle. Half the volume had come loose, so this new updated copy is wonderful, although I still run into trouble. I don't use it unless I'm at a total loss. At my age, however, that happens frequently so the dictionary and I are good friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally good, lacks some vital info, July 18, 2005
J. Carr (Gig Harbor, WA) - See all my reviews
I appreciate this dictionary for its consistant knowledge of major authors, books, countries, mythology and other traditional information. It is, however, missing most current pop culture information about movies, actors...etc.

Random House Webster's Crossword Puzzle Dictionary: Third Edition
Random House Webster's Crossword Puzzle Dictionary: Third Edition by Stephen Elliott (Paperback - April 27, 1999)
Used & New from: $0.22