4.0 out of 5 stars Good propane stove.
Published on August 14, 2011 by Barbara Chambers

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice burner but LP only
I bought this burner to use as small kitchenette burner. However its labeled all over not to use with natural gas. I check about getting a natural gas regulator but they dont sell one and said dont use in enclosed places. Somunless you are just using it mobil and outside this is not the unit to buy. I returned it. It looks heavy duty and i think wouldmdo a great job. It...
Published on February 8, 2012 by Edith

4.0 out of 5 stars Good propane stove., August 14, 2011
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
I wanted one with high output, and this one does put out the heat. I would guess its flame is about 3 times as big as a typical indoor gas burner. On its highest setting the top of the flames extend about 2 inches above the cast iron stand. The cast iron frame is dressed up on the sides with riveted aluminum panels which look like an add-on and which on the front and back seem to be about 20-gauge aluminum, too thin to be rugged. However, it's not structural, so just assume it will get dented or bent there, but the legs and top will stay solid. No big deal. The auto-ignite is good, and works every time. The fittings and regulator are Chinese but mine worked fine. Note that the hose end at the stove is 5/8 inch 18nf which will require an adapter for your average 3rd party propane hose, most of which are a 3/8 size. I'm surprised it isn't metric. But in general, it's quite a good unit and will probably give long life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot cook top, November 18, 2011
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
The burner is an excellent unit. It is sturdy and well built. It puts out a lot of BTU's. The low heat is actually pretty hot. It would be nice it if would turn down a little bit more. I am very satisfied. Comes with the hose and a wrench that is attached to the hose making removal very easy. I would recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Good, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
I was looking for a high btu propane stove and this one does the job. The stove overall is pretty good except 2 things. First, the two burners are a bit close together. Therefore, I am unable to put 2 big pots together. Now that I know, I should have bought the 3 burner model. Then I will be able to use the 2 outer burners and the middle one empty. Secondly, when you do put a big pot on it, the control knob can get very hot. So hot that it is even too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. I've contacted the manufacturer about it and they agreed that the control knob can get hot with a big pot on it. Their suggestion is to use a cloth. I give it 3 and half stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, September 25, 2011
Judith A Trebuna (Stockton, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
Well made, compact, high output burners are great, instant start ignition eliminates the need for matches. A little more expensive then other camp stoves but worth the extra $20 to get a stove that actually cooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful blue flame, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
As the old saying--" time is money". Absolutely right! I've be saving time and money by cooking my food in the back porch with this little jet turbine. Boy......is this thing hot or what? At first I was scared with the powerful blue flames but now I love them.
I can cook a lot of food fast, safely and the food tastes delicious! My electric stove has definitely been retired.
You can't go wrong with this stove unless you've never cooked before. I strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great two burner stove, April 3, 2012
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
I have had this stove for about a month. It is very well made, and boils water in no time. The controls and ignition all work well. This is a heavy stove for camping, but if you don't have far to walk to camp, it will make some great meals fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Item we bought in a long time, December 23, 2011
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
Very big nice flame. Things cook very fast compared to electric ones we are used to. These are kind of burners used for daily cooking in South East Asia. The only improvement I can suggest is to make the aluminum part little sturdy. I don't think it matters now but it will add to the over all product quality and strength of the body.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of heat., September 26, 2012
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
Great little stove. Came with an extra knob. Puts out a lot of even heat because the burner have lots of holes. Most of the time I am cooking on the warm or low setting. Wish the burners where a little farther apart as two big pots will interfere with each other. There are a couple of minor quality alignment issues, but nothing the affects performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars moving to the Philippines, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
My wife and I are going to retire and move to the Philippines. There cooking method is with portable propane burners. This is great,it portable, well built, and makes the heat.The burners are far enough apart that you can use two pans and cook and boil water at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stove, April 4, 2013
This review is from: Camp Chef Ranger II Table Top Stove (Sports)
Works great and has a HUGE flame from the burners so you can heat something up FAST. I'd like to have a propane stove in the kitchen, but in Florida, almost everything is Electric. Quality seems ok, tho the side panels are very then and can bend easy.

Ranger II Blind Stove Black