5.0 out of 5 stars This review is all about the FIT - (SMALL)
Day one -

The costume arrived today. I could go on about the packaging or how cool it is (which it is), but I won't, and that has been covered by other reviews. This is strictly about fit - probably what most consumers agonize over - what size should I get?

Published on September 21, 2011 by J. Hennessey

3.0 out of 5 stars it was a gift for grandson he tried it on hes only 5 it started ripping in back not woth the cost
it started ripping as he was trying it on not worth the price ,but hey he wanted to be a power ranger
Published on October 28, 2011 by Sandyjames Elmore

5.0 out of 5 stars This review is all about the FIT - (SMALL), September 21, 2011
J. Hennessey (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Day one -

I ordered the SMALL. My son is 5.9 years old, 45.5 inches tall, and 48 pounds. The costume fit perfectly. We have about 1.5 inches to spare in the leg, .75 inches in the sleeve, and the rise and body are fairly snug like pajamas.

I would say that size SMALL is suitable for a child up to 47 inches, maybe 48, and up to 55 pounds. After that, you're on your own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for halloween, August 27, 2011
My son loves this. He can't wait for Halloween to wear it. The only thing I would comment on is that the mask only covers the front of the face and is open in the back with an elastic strap (as is typical of Halloween masks). You can't tell from the image on here, it makes it look as if he's wearing a helmet. The quality is okay, although it's not really meant for long term wear... and my son would probably wear it every day if I let him! Your child will be happy if they love power rangers like mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Power Ranger Costume, July 25, 2011
Mother had to hide this costume because it was all the boy ever wanted to wear. He got it for his birthday and it was the hit of the whole party. He wears it and watches PR videos. Great costume!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great costume; watch size, August 23, 2012
This review is from: Red Ranger Samurai Classic Muscle Costume (Toy)
I wanted to get this review in with plenty of time before Halloween so parents out there can make an educated decision regarding the size of this costume. I think it runs quite long but narrow. My son just turned 7 years old and normally wears a boy's size 8 with room to spare. He is 49.5" tall and weighs 64 pounds. I read somewhere that this costume runs small so I opted for the 10-12 size. I'm very glad I did because this costume is defintely built for a TALL, slim child. I've included pictures in the gallery so you can see this on my child. He is wearing a thin t-shirt and thin shorts underneath the costume and there's not much room to spare width-wise. I doubt he'll be able to wear anything beyond long underwear underneath this costume while trick or treating. Also be careful when the child steps into the costume as there isn't a lot of opening in the back to step in, get their arms in the sleeves, and get it pulled up over the shoulders. As you will see from the pictures, though, it's quite long in the sleeves and legs on my son. That won't be an issue, though, as I will just tape it up underneath and no one will see it. Having said all that, my son loves his costume and it does look adorable on him! The "muscles" are so darn cute and really make the costume. He'll have a blast on Halloween and that's all I care about. Hopefully this helps you get a better feel for sizing and helps you choose the right size for your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son's Favorite Birthday Gift, August 28, 2011
I bought this costume for my son's 6th birthday as he is very much into anything Power Rangers at this time. He says it's his favorite birthday present this year! He's 6 and weighs 50 pounds, and this size fits him perfectly. It's a little long, but I say that's perfect so that it can last him until Halloween. My son ejoys it so much that there has been days when he has worn it the whole day. Go, little Red Ranger!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid costume, August 21, 2012
The mask is a light weight plastic that can break easily but that is expected for the price. The costume itself is very well made and will last my kids a few years. My 5 1/2 year old loves it and the small fits him perfectly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Power Ranger Costume, September 24, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Red Ranger Samurai Classic Muscle Costume (Toy)
Costume is acceptable but mask is flimsy. For the price I paid, it should be made better. Mask looks better in the picture. I bought medium for my 6 yr 3 mo old. Fits good and leaves room if he needs to wear cloths under to keep warm. Extra lenght on legs & arms but wont get in the way. Can easily be tucked under and he'll get to wear it for dress up for a few years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Halloween Costume, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Red Ranger Samurai Classic Muscle Costume (Toy)
Our son is 5.5 years old and a bit on the tall and skinny side for his age, but this was a great fit for him. It fit fine with just a shirt and pants underneath for his school event, but it stretched enough to squeeze snowpants and a winter jacket underneath when it came time to go out trick-or-treating in the cold. We are glad we ordered the medium size, even though it says that it's for 7-8.

Great detail on the costume and the muscles are pretty well done. The gold belt buckle detaches with velcro. The mask is fine. Held up to some pretty decent abuse so far. Just get yourself some white gloves and some red socks and you are good to go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Cute, October 1, 2012
This costume is super cute and looks just like the image. I gave it a four star rating because I bought the costume for my 4 year old son and it's almost to small on him. It will only work through Halloween then he will have to pass it down to his brother. He is a bit tall for a 4 year old but typically wears a 5T so I thought this size would be perfect. The length is just right but if he grows an inch it will be to short and it fits snug everywhere else.

I bought the BLUE Power Ranger costume also in the same size for my almost 3 year old and it fits him perfect!!! So the costumes do run a bit small I think because he typically wears a 3T.

One other suggestion... My four year old asked where his white gloves where when I showed him the costume. As a mother I wasn't aware the gloves is a must for the costume to be complete (: I ordered them seperate and they complete the look! If you have any questions please ask!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four year old in love, August 28, 2012
I no longer have to carry a big stick. The worst punishment I can give my 4 year old right now is to tell him he can't wear his Power Ranger costume if he doesn't behave. He LOVES flexing his "muscles" & saving me from bad guys. I doubt it wilk make it until Halloween, but it is totally worth it!

A few comments on the actual make/construction of the suit. The belt buckle is velcro and doesn't stay on. I just used Super Glue to keep the costume together. I bought the small (4-6). My son just turned 4 years old and is in the 50% for height and weight. This fits almost perfect. It is slightly snug in the bum and has about 1/2 - 1" extra length in the arms and legs.

Red Ranger Samurai Classic Muscle Costume - Medium (7-8)
Out of stock