1. Music Again 2. For Your Entertainment 3. Whataya Want From Me 4. Strut 5. Soaked 6. Sure Fire Winners 7. A Loaded Smile 8. If I Had You 9. Pick U Up 10. Fever 11. Sleepwalker 12. Aftermath 13. Broken Open 14. Time For Miracles 15. Down The Rabbit Hole 16. Master Plan 17. Can't Let You Go 18. Voodoo
When everyone is done we can tally up the results. I'm out of this for obvious reasons. ;)
1. Sleepwalker 2. Whataya Want From Me 3. Soaked 4. Music Again 5. Fever 6. Voodoo 7. Aftermath 8. Broken Open 9. For Your Entertainment 10. Sure Fire Winners 11. If I Had You 12. Can't Let You Go 13. Time For Miracles 14. Pick U Up 15. Strut 16. Down The Rabbit Hole (much better live) 17. Master Plan 18. A Loaded Smile
1 Down the Rabbit Hole 2 Voodoo 3 Broken Open 4 Sure File Winners 5 Strut 6 Soaked 7 If I Had You 8 Pick You Up 9 Time For Miracles 10 Sleepwalker 11 Whataya Want From Me 12 Fever 13 Music Again 14 For Your Entertainment 15 Aftermath 16 A Loaded Smile 17 Can't Let You Go 18 Master Plan
This list can change daily depending on my mood. Sorry Chris, its not set in stone
1. Soaked 2. Sleepwalker 3. Broken Open 4. Aftermath 5. If I Had You 6. Time For Miracles 7. Whataya Want From Me 8. Strut 9. Fever 10. Sure Fire Winners 11. Pick U Up 12. Music Again 13. For Your Entertainment 14. Can't Let You Go 15. A Loaded Smile 16. Voodoo 17. Down The Rabbit Hole 18. Master Plan
Carol, I like many of Adam's songs better live. There is too much of an overproduced/electro pop sound on some of his songs on his album. Ke$ha needs that to disguise her lack of ability to actually sing, but Adam definitely doesn't.
"There is too much of an overproduced/electro pop sound on some of his songs on his album."
Exactly!!! The producers went for radio play and sales over artistry. That's not hating, by the way. It's a common occurrence on top 40 radio and no fault of Adam's....and probably exactly what Simon wanted.
Tom choices: 1 Soaked 2 Sleepwalker 3 Sure Fire Winners 4 Can't Let You Go (I told him this one was on a different CD,he didn't care) 5 Broken Open 6 Aftermath 7 Music Again 8 For Your Entertainment 9 If I Had You 10 WWFM 11 Fever 12 Strut 13 Time For Miracles 14 Pick U Up
Bobbie says: 1 Sleepwalker 2 Soaked 3 A Loaded Smile 4 Broken Open 5 Aftermath 6 FYE 7 Music Again 8 If I Had You 9 Time For Miracles 10 Pick U Up 11 WWFM 12 Fever 13 Strut 14 Sure Fire Winners (Can't Let You Go, Voodoo, Rabbit Hole would be nearer top if you had listed them.) ( I like all of the songs but to number them is pretty arbitrary , most of the above change, 1st 5 are pretty consistent...even after all this time one will hit me as if I'm hearing it the first time...never paid attention to Loaded Smile till about a month or two ago,it's become one of my favorites.)
1. Music Again 2. For Your Entertainment 3. Whataya Want From Me 4. Strut 5. Soaked 6. Sure Fire Winners 7. A Loaded Smile 8. If I Had You 9. Pick U Up 10. Fever 11. Sleepwalker 12. Aftermath 13. Broken Open 14. Time For Miracles 15. Down the Rabbit Hole 16. Master Plan
Ok...the list above is just for reference..... the list below is my ranking:
1. Whatya Want From Me 2. Master Plan 3. Fever 4. Strut 5. If I Had You 6. Music Again 7. Soaked 8. Sleepwalker 9. For Your Entertainment 10. Sure Fire Winners 11. Time for Miracles 12. Broken Open 13.Pick You Up 14. A Loaded Smile 15. Aftermath 16. Down the Rabbit Hole
1. Sleepwalker 2. Broken Open 3. Whataya Want From Me 4. Soaked 5. Sure Fire Winners 6. Music Again 7. If I Had You 8. Fever 9. Voodoo 10. Master Plan 11. Aftermath 12. For Your Entertainment 13. Strut 14. Can't Let You Go 15. A Loaded Smile 16. Pick U Up 17 Time For Miracles 18. Down The Rabbit Hole
Honestly the only song I don't like is the album version of Rabbit Hole - I think he does it fantastic live though. Have to agree that everything is better live!
1. Fever 2. For Your Entertainment 3. Whataya Want From Me 4. Time For Miracles 5. If I Had You 6. Down the Rabbit Hole 7. Voodoo 8. Music Again 9. Sure Fire Winners 10. Pick U Up 11. Broken Open 12. Aftermath 13. Soaked 14. A Loaded Smile 15. Strut 16. Sleepwalker 17. Master Plan
I had a hard time making this list because I like the songs I listed 2-10 just about equally. Same way with the songs 11-17. The album I have has No Boundaries and if I were to list it, it would go somewhere in the first half of my list because I like the way Adam sings it. I didn't add Can't Let You Go because I don't have that one.
I wasn't going to do this at first but now I decided to post what I E-mailed Jan. My list has changed too and now I base my favorites from what I've heard in concert. In the beginning I loved FYE and expecially the video. WWFM was also good...not ever in love with it but it gave a vehicle for Adam after the AMA's that worked very well, same as IIHY although I love the meaning in the words. Fever has always be so sexy and love watching the Adam with his dancers. (You know I don't like the kiss but that doesn't matter to me so much.) I have accepted Adam will always be "in your face." Now Soaked would be #1 and Aftermath #2 because of the live performances are so touching. Music again describes who Adam is or was when he came off AI. Sleepwalker because of J. Lenos show....just beautiful. Sure Fire Winner for the football season! Least favorite would be Strut, A Loaded Smile (too sad), Time for Miracles (it takes too long to build to the last wonderful crescendo and does not have a repetitive chorus), Broken Open. They never stay in the same order like you said, Jan. It's the power in which he sings them live without all the electronic/pop sounds. The guitar solo in Sleepwalker is rockin'! Love Ori! It's much too complicated to put into a list but I'm going to try. 1. Soaked 2. Aftermath* 3. Music Again 4. Sleepwalker 5. Fever 6. FYE 7. WWFM 8. IIHY 9. Pick You Up* 10. Voodoo* 11. Down the Rabbit Hole* 12. Sure Fire Winner 13. Broken Open* 14. Loaded Smile 15. Time for Miracles 16. Strut* 17. Master Plan 18. Can't Let You Go * Songs Adam co-wrote If the point is to show Adam didn't write or co-write the majority of my favorite songs, therefore his next album will fail....not buying that theory. He had some terrific songs given to him by good writers...his vocal talent is what brought these songs to the top of the list. At one time, my top choice would have been Voodoo and Rabbit Hole so it's ever changing.
"If the point is to show Adam didn't write or co-write the majority of my favorite songs, therefore his next album will fail....not buying that theory."
The *point* is to compile a list from your most favorite song to your least favorite song on FYE so I can tally them up at the end so you, the Adam fans, can see how you rate his songs. It's just for fun, Gini, and thank you for your list.
Off topic but since you guys brought up the subject of writing the songs, does anyone know if Rihanna writes HER songs? She doesn't play a musical instrument and yet is so successful because she has a unique voice, is gorgeous and has charisma and stage presence (like our Adam)!
Her label always promotes her as a songwriter, but the team of Smith, Eriksen, and Hermansen are recurring songwriters who write much of Rihanna's material. Her smash hit "Umbrella" (2008 Grammy nominee for Song of the Year) was written by Shawn Carter, Kuk Harrell, Terius "Dream" Nash, & Christopher Stewart. Rihanna has co-written some of her own songs, but none of them has become a big radio hit. BTW, her real name is Robyn Fenty, and I think her looks are just stunning and she has a great singing voice. I would love to hear her featured on one of Adam's songs on his new album. She's a real hit maker.
Down the Rabbit Hole always makes me laugh. It's a fun song. Some days you are more into slower soulful songs and others you just want to dance and forget tear jerkers. You really can't put the songs in an order. If I redid the list right now it would be way different. What I do know is that I can put the disc on and listen to it the entire way through without skipping over a song. To me, that's absolutely amazing. I don't even have a Sir Cliff Richard cd that I can say the same thing about, and I have just about every cd or record that Sir Cliff released.