Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rapid Dual Car Charger with Micro USB - For Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 S5 S3 S4 Note2 Note3 - Motorola Droid Turbo, Razr Maxx, Moto X, LG G2, HTC ONE, DNA (Car Charger)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 22, 2015
Careful with this, this charger almost burned my phone! After about a week of use, I noticed one day that my phone was getting extremely hot, I immediately removed the charger and saw smoke coming out of my phone's charging port with that familiar electric burn smell. This would have started a fire had I left it plugged in longer. Tried it again the next day and saw sparks when inserting the USB to my phone.

To be fair, this is my 2nd charger. First one was bought almost a year ago and worked well, although the way the LED operates is quite irattic and unpredictable. So this may just be one bad apple, seemingly this product would benefit from better quality control though.

UPDATE: 5/31/15
Ordered a 3rd charger last week and received it today. Looks like it wasn't just a single bad apple. The charger I received came with the charging tip already melted - looks like a customer return. Seemingly someone already bought this and had the same issue and then returned it to Amazon, which was subsequently resold & shipped to me. I've attached pictures of both charging tips - original is on the right and new one on left.
Buyer beware!
review image
11 comment|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2013
This is the third one i have purchased, now we have one for every vehicle. The part that plugs into the 12v outlet on the car has a soft red glowing ring that doesn't illuminate everything in the cab. Extra USB charging port works great for her Ipod. The best part about it is that the light on the part that plugs into your phone is touch activated. Coolest feature EVVERRRR! This is a must have!
11 comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
This works on LG G2 (verizon) and should work on most phones.

When charging a battery monitor widget shows my G2 is charging at 1400-1600 mA with the screen on and nothing using the USB port. Not that bad it is provides a very fast charge.

This appears identical to the verizon charger but it does not have the logo on it.

I purchased it from "in stock novelties llc" here on Amazon and shipping was prompt.
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2014
Great idea but falls short if you have an otter box or other sturdy case on your phone. There is a tiny lite on the end of the cord that attaches to the phone. This prevents the cord from going all the way into the connection. Not worth taking the Otter Box off each time I charge. Gave it to my daughter.
55 comments|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
very nice charger with an extremely convenient light for when your trying to find the pesky hole in the dark, and is finally a charger with enough juice to charge my galaxy S4
on June 6, 2014
Product charges fast and is worth the money however the touch sensitive end is a bit finicky and sometimes stays on. So at night when your driving it stays on. Not a deal breaker for me since the recharge rate is amazing.
on March 20, 2014
This is the best car charger I ever had it charges my galaxy S4 in like 15 minutes it also has a built in light to the charger no more looking for the charger port in the dark
on July 7, 2015
This charges my phone quickly and like that it has a red light so you can tell where it is at night and having two ports, which comes in very handy! I liked this charger so much I bought a second one for my girlfriend to have in her car. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is that the light at the end of the cord can sometimes flash on its own which can be a little distracting at times.
review image review image
on September 28, 2014
Arrived nonfunctional. There is an intermittent short in the cable that makes the product useless. Not worth the cost of returning. Will discard and see what they have locally at Best Buy.

I guess this is the problem with buying online -- you're never sure what you'll receive.
on March 29, 2015
This is the biggest waste of time money and effort I have ever seen. Take your money wad it up and throw it in the street, you'll be much more satisfied. I ordered this without looking at the reviews big mistake. Good looking and seemingly well made... That's how they trick you into a dead phone when you need it the most. The charger dies after the first use.
review image