Top critical review
118 people found this helpful
Charger nearly damaged my phone. UPDATE: 5/31, Same issue with new charger, photo attached.
on May 22, 2015
Careful with this, this charger almost burned my phone! After about a week of use, I noticed one day that my phone was getting extremely hot, I immediately removed the charger and saw smoke coming out of my phone's charging port with that familiar electric burn smell. This would have started a fire had I left it plugged in longer. Tried it again the next day and saw sparks when inserting the USB to my phone.
To be fair, this is my 2nd charger. First one was bought almost a year ago and worked well, although the way the LED operates is quite irattic and unpredictable. So this may just be one bad apple, seemingly this product would benefit from better quality control though.
Ordered a 3rd charger last week and received it today. Looks like it wasn't just a single bad apple. The charger I received came with the charging tip already melted - looks like a customer return. Seemingly someone already bought this and had the same issue and then returned it to Amazon, which was subsequently resold & shipped to me. I've attached pictures of both charging tips - original is on the right and new one on left.