5.0 out of 5 stars Good For Experienced, Loud Mouthed Gamers Who Need A Good Butt Whipping!, March 26, 2007
This review is from: Rappan Athuk Reloaded (Necromancer Games) (Paperback)
This is my favorite dungeon thus far! While it's only 16 levels, it has one of the ultimate bosses - a feared demon lord at the very end. There are also 3 evil temples belonging to this demonic lord that the PC's should destroy on their way down. There is a city of goblins on the deeper levels and several really tough encounter areas with wraiths, golems, undead, basilisks, a mad barbarian, undead mages, undead knights, etc.

While the reviews for the WLD have been so-so for fun, THIS dungeon was definitely NOT anything to turn up your nose at. I have the original Rappan Athuk set and then I bought this new revamped one and am very glad I did. You get 3 booklets - the main book with the adventure, stats and other such errata; then you get the book on the denizens, bosses and stats; finally you get a seperate map book.

There are numeour adventures that can be run just getting to this dungeon that lie in the vicinity of Rappan Athuk. Sunken ship, dragon's lair, tomb raiders, orcs, goblins, etc., all ready for you to run with minimal tweaking for your own campaign.

I run my group thru Sword & Sorcery's World of Scarn and I planted this dungeon right in the center of it. The material is easily adaptable to any sort of campaign and the instructions are well written, understandable and redy to play.

For you sadistic DM's, there's a special mimic on the first level of the dungeon that will bring a huge smirk to your face! My group thought it was quite humorous and some of the PC's almost bit the dust over it.

Treasure is plentiful but not a monty haul. It is conducive to the difficulties a group will face as they raid this dungeon. There are at least 2 rings of Wish but they're well concealed and none of the rogues in my group managed to find them. Sadly, these rings are invaluable as you get to the 14th & 15th levels of the dungeon. But oh well, you'll have that!

I highly recommend this dungeon as you can even take one level out and use it wherever. They're pretty well balanced in my opinion. I ran 2 Rogues, 1 Druid, 1 Dwarven Fighter, 1 Human Fighter, 1 Cleric & 1 Hafling Mage thru it. One of the rogues bit the dust early on but as I said, "You'll have that!"

5.0 out of 5 stars RPG gaming, April 8, 2009
This review is from: Rappan Athuk Reloaded (Necromancer Games) (Paperback)
This is an awesome dungeon crawl! Its not typical of crawls in that there are numerous opportunities for role play within the dungeon, keeping it from becoming a monotonous "room after room after room" type of game scenario. Plus you get to test your power against the Lord of the Undead!

Version 3.5E

Rappan Athuk Reloaded (Necromancer Games)
Rappan Athuk Reloaded (Necromancer Games) by Necromancer Games (Paperback - August 10, 2006)
Used & New from: $110.00