Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 19, 2012
*Complimentary copy provided. This does NOT affect my review in any way.*
Rapture. Such an appropriate title. This book absolutely stole my breath away and made me cry while my throat was clenched tight. In other words--I was raptured, reading the fourth and final installment in the Fallen series.

Luce has just come back from the past bearing bad news. Lucifer is planning to wipe away millions of years of history. To bring them back to the one event that started it all--the Fall. But if that happened, Luce and Daniel wouldn't fall in love over centuries. Everything would come apart. So they, along with their angelic (and demonic) friends are on a race against time to find the three relics that will lead them to the site of the Fall where everything and anything is revealed. Including the secret revelation that sparked Lucifer's rebellion in the first place.

Rapture made me love the Fallen series. In the beginning it was just something to read. But now I'm making it my number one priority to re-read every book all over again with new eyes. Rapture left my crying so many times and made me love Lucinda more than ever. (Notice how I use her full name.) We encounter new characters like Dee and Olianna and revisit with old ones. Either way, each one is essential to this story and most (excluding a certain few...) of them now have places in my heart.

The writing was beautiful and the plot never left you bored. Fast paced and filled to the brim with action, I couldn't tear myself away and found myself reading deep into the night and finishing it in one sitting. Even the parts that are usually written awkwardly, the heaven descriptions, were wonderfully described, giving me the sense of angelic propriety.

Daniel seemed incredibly bossy and a bit merciless so I'm definitely Team Cam. I didn't like the way he reacted to certain angels' deaths even if they were his friends. I wanted to pull out my hair. Luce, on the other hand, seemed way more mature than in Fallen when we met her as a whiny girl. It was absolutely relieving when I realized that she was a better heroine than before. Whew!

It was a great angel read, although not as dark I prefer, but it was still awesome. The way Lauren Kate finished off Luce and Daniel's story was absolutely fitting and I loved it, although it was a bit saddening. I cried when I read the last line, it was absolutely touching. It was absolutely 100% beautiful and is definitely one ending I hadn't even imagined.
on June 12, 2012
First Impressions: I was practically pulling out all of my hair waiting around for Rapture to arrive in bookstores. Luckily for me, I was able to snag a Kindle copy of this book a few months before its publication. The Fallen novels are my guilty reading pleasure and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it. If you have read any of these books and are considering starting the series, just be warned that they are highly addictive and once you start to read, you won't be able to stop. Rapture is the final book in this series, so you are definitely going to want to read the previous books before beginning this one.

First 50 Pages: I cleared my schedule so I could spend plenty of time reading and absorbing Rapture. It felt very bittersweet because I've loved these books ever since I read Fallen and it's kind of painful every time a good series comes to an end. I'll admit that I wasn't super crazy about Fallen, but each of the subsequent novels has been better than the last. Rapture ended up being a stunning conclusion, and looking back at it, I feel happy with the way everything turned out and was wrapped up. Lauren Kate's writing had me completely sucked in once again and I blew through this final book just a little too fast, or at least it felt that way to me.

Characters & Plot: Final conclusions are revealed, characters are killed off, and this book was just full of surprises that I didn't really see coming. I'll do my best to keep all of the important points spoiler-free while writing this review, but it is going to be hard! It seemed like every other page I found out some kind of revelation or an answer to questions I had going into this book. And I totally cried a few different times. Lauren Kate's writing is just so good that I became emotionally invested in so, so many of her characters. I'd also like to point out that some people might be offended by the way Lauren visualizes Heaven, especially for hard-core Christians. I'm not easily offended, nor am I Christian, so I can't say that the way Lauren describes the pitfalls of heaven really bothered me, but I can see how Rapture may raise a few eyebrows. Just keep in mind that this is a work of fiction and try to keep an open mind if you are going to read this book.

Rapture once again revisits Luce and Daniel for their final moments of struggle and love. The time they have together may be running out and their fate is about to make an appearance. However, they have to figure out a way to stop the clock and stop Lucifer if they are even going to have a chance at making everything work. The problem is, how are they going to stop him? A battle is surely brewing and it promises to rain hell fire on anyone in its path of destruction.

In order to save what they love and each other, Luce and Daniel have to find the place where the original fallen angels fell and make sure it doesn't happen again or there will be an end to everything good they know. Their time is so limited and they have no idea where to look. As the clock ticks down to the final hours, will they be able to succeed or will they fail? Well, that's a question I can't answer here.

What I will tell you is that Rapture had me on the edge of my seat and I was flying through the pages to figure out what happens. The whole conclusion was very surprising and just when I thought I had it all figured out, Lauren would throw a wrench in the plot that made me rethink literally everything. The price that Luce and Daniel have to pay to save what they love is enormous and it pulled at my heart. All of Daniel's secrets he has held in for so long have come pouring out at last and it was interesting to see Luce's reaction to everything he had to finally tell her.

Final Thoughts: As I've stated before, the ending was so bittersweet. Rapture was completely everything I had hoped it would be and so much more. I can see myself picking up this series time and time again and never becoming tired of it. It truly is an epic story of love, love that is lost, and love found again. The struggles that Luce and Daniel had to deal with would break most couples, but they always had their hopes and dreams and they truly loved each other enough to have faced every obstacle that was thrown their way. I am going to miss this series and these characters so much! But, I'm excited for Lauren Kate to begin a new series and whatever she comes up with next, I know will be just fantastic!
on June 12, 2012
This is a satisfying ending to a good series. There were a lot of loose ends from the previous books, but I am happy to report that most if not all of my questions were answered. This book is full of revelations for Luce and for the reader...and that coupled with the tight pacing of the action, it becomes impossible to put the book down. I finished it in less than a day.

To sum the book up, Luce & Co. have to find a way to stop Lucifer from destroying their past...and they only have nine days to do so. While Luce learned a lot about her past lives through Passion (Fallen), she still does not remember her role in the bigger picture. How did Daniel originally fall in love with her? Why is Luce, a mortal, so pivotal to the final showdown between Heaven and Hell? These questions are central to unraveling the seven thousand-year-old war raging for her soul.

As a caution, the subject matter in this book is definitely provocative--even more so than in the previous books. Lauren Kate uses Catholic lore when building her facts about angels and their fall from grace, and the liberties she takes with religious personalities and themes will undoubtedly offend some. It may go without saying, but if you are a strict Christian, make sure you approach this as a novel, not religious writing. It is intended to be a good story based on Christian religious lore, NOT a faithful portrait of official Catholic or Protestant doctrine. As a devout Christian myself, I found myself disagreeing with some of Kate's choices, but then again Christianity is a religion of diverse beliefs and doctrines, so I don't hold her to my own standards. (**For those worried, spoilers: some serious liberty is taken with fleshing out the characters of God and Lucifer, and there are some scenes of death and desecration that take place at real-world sites of religious significance**).

However, I hope that doesn't deter you from reading "Rapture." It has haunted me all day with its love story and its intricate plot. Lauren Kate is as nimble a storyteller as I have encountered in modern YA fiction--this is a book that closes her wonderful series with crowning glory.
on June 20, 2012
Sooooo. Rapture, the final book in the Fallen series. The story is over. Okay, it felt a bit sad that it's over but i don't think i would handle another book with Luce and Daniel. They are the most boring and shallow fictional couple I've read about. This book was definitely better than Passion. More into the point, more action-packed and less repetitive. Here we go! Don't worry about spoiling, I have placed spoiler alerts.
The book starts off slow for my taste. Like, really slow. The first half of the book was a struggle. Yes, it had some interesting moments but it got tiring. The action was what I was expecting. I kept hearing about a war, but sadly I never saw it. The book failed when it came to suspense, at least for me. The most captivating scenes were when the Scale attacked in Vienna. Other than that,there was no much action.
The writing was good, even though Lauren Kate overdid it with some of the descriptions. They were too long to read. I skipped some parts because i was ready to fall asleep. I also didn't like how some information we already knew kept being repeated as if Kate was afraid we had forgotten about it. Okay, we know about Lucifer/Bill or whatever. We know what he did in Passion. We don't have to read about it in every two chapters in this book. Instead of repeating something we know, why don't you give us some new info about something we have been wondering since the beginning of the series? (Like, how did Trevor die? Who was responsible? Why this part was skipped as if it wasn't important? The whole story began because of this incident.)

The characters. Oh, you know how i feel about Luce and her angel boy, Daniel. They bored me before and unfortunately they bored me now.Like other readers say, they are interesting only when the side characters are around. If it had been Passion all over again I don't know what I would have done. Whenever they were alone I was looking forward to end the chapter because the cheesiness was too much for me. However, there are some improvements. Surprise, surprise!
Luce wasn't as irritating as she was in Torment and Passion. If she had been i would have burned all 4 books She kept being her usual stupid self by not using her brain, though. Less annoying yes, smarter no. I laughed my ass off when she tried to attack Dee because she confused her with Miss Sophia. It was hilarious to see her try to look fierce! She saw no one else was attacking her, didn't she think this was weird? She totally made a fool of herself, again. We have the usual contemplation about her tragic, deep, amazing, everlasting love with Daniel and what would happen if they failed to save it. Yawn. I can't read how perfect they are for each other anymore. I don't care! She keeps obsessing over him in every chapter, calling him her everything, her sun her moon her stars her universe. Way to go, she defines herself through Daniel. Because if Daniel hadn't existed, she wouldn't have existed as well.

Then, as the story progresses Kate tries to make her strong and badass but the attempt fell short. Not because I despise her, but come on! .Luce is not the heroine who would suddenly become a different person with much more confidence. It's just DOESN'T feel all right. Not after three books of nagging, obsession and being a giant idiot. Kate tried to shove her down our throats as the savior. In the end everybody was praising Luce, even Lucifer himself! For me, she did nothing. Daniel was the one who guided her. Daniel was the one who was telling her what to do. Dee contributed to that as well. On her own she's incapable of doing anything.

Daniel is plain boring and a douche. I hated it when he saw the dead janitor in the museum and his reaction was casual as if this man's life didn't matter at all. Really? You're an angel, you are supposed to feel pain when an innocent soul perishes. Oh, wait you only feel pain when something happens to Luce. The swift change from controlling, possessive jerk to the dreamy boyfriend was quite good. But again, I have the same problem as I had with Luce's sudden courageous heart. He flattered her so many times that I actually believed he was mocking her. You're a genius, you're so brave, you're this, you're that blah blah blah.Are you for real? And yes, i know it's YA but teenage love cannot be so cheesy. I refuse to believe that. It's all on the surface with Luce and Daniel. Hear love, see no love. Especially epic, eternal love that surpasses everything. I didn't see the passion, the fire, the deep need to be with each other. The entire book is focused on the war, not on their "love". Maybe that's the problem. Jeez, Twilight was sexier than this. Kate could at least have given one sex scene to show how much they yearn each other.
The rest of the characters don't have a big role in the book. I wanted to see more of Cam who is always great but again he had a supporting role. I must say I was gutted when Gabbe and Molly died. I wanted to know more about them.

As for the story, i liked the places they visited, as i mentioned above the scenes with the Scale were the best, especially the killing part. Unfortunately they were the only villains in the book. Miss Sophia is by far the most ridiculous villain I've ever seen. The scene in the church was quite intriguing but she was so utterly idiotic I couldn't take it seriously. Thus, i believe the presence of all the characters was not needed, she could be killed easily without so much drama. After this, I noticed Elena Gilbert had made a cameo appearance in the book! Yes, that's right. Luce hugged Cam after she'd supposedly saved him (she saved the day again, hail mighty Luce) and said she couldn't imagine losing him. Yes. So, not only had she forgiven him but she grew to love him as well! In such a short amount of time,without mentioning what changed her mind all the sudden. This felt surreal and unconvincing. In the beginning of the book she was still wary of him and his intentions. Fail.

And the big revelations! Luce suffers from hallucinations after Dee gives her her blood and the reader suspects something's up. Come on. We all knew it since the beginning of the series. It was the number 1 theory. As well as the fact that she was Lucifer's love. Shocker! There's a hint in chapter 4, come on.

The depiction of Luce in Heaven was of the things i liked, what bugged me was the first meeting with Daniel. Not romantic and rather silly. You meet someone and then you start making out? Seriously? This part felt rushed and not so well-written. I was expecting something more special. Something more overwhelming.

As the other angels watch Luce is the one to stop Lucifer. She goes inside the Announcers to find him. Yeah...the brave Luce does not even fight him. I wanted to see a freaking battle of good and evil, of all the angels. I wanted to see death, loss, agony. Not some pathetic begging! Lucifer is the devil, he is not supposed to make you laugh, but to make you feel scared. He was silly and tacky. And the insults? Oh my God. He called Daniel a haircut. Yes, a haircut, wow the guy is so eeeeeeeevil.

Their bickering sounded like high school lovers who had been dating for two weeks and the guy is so obsessed he can't leave her alone. Oh, my God, when he told her that they looked cute back in Tahiti I burst out laughing.
She didn't even get tempted by him, isn't this what the devil must do? To lure you, to trick you? It would have been interesting if she'd considered joining him. This is how the story would reach a peak.

facepalm Pictures, Images and Photos
Then the final chapter is in Heaven where Luce chooses what? GUESS! You won't believe it OMG. Yes, she chose Daniel! Lucifer sits in a corner with his head hanging low like a grounded kid and then our couple says goodbye to their friends because they will be reincarnated as humans without memories.

The epilogue was good, even though i have some questions. I would have liked to see them already together, not another first meeting. Daniel was like Miles and Luce was...well, as Luce. And her friend Nora was Callie with a different name.

The final scene where the angels and Nephilim stalk them, er, watch them was enjoyable but Miles and Shelby are grownups. Don't they have anything better to do than watch two teenagers make out? And Cam, what happened to him? WHAT HAPPENED TO TREVOR?! Some questions remain unanswered. Frustrating enough.
And Steven and Francesca, in Torment a student said they live in sin and that they can't get married, why in this book Steven referred to her as his wife?!

Rapture was an okay book, with some good moments and some action. Cam should have been the main character, because he's brilliant and i have not seen one reader to express hate on his character. He and Lilith would have been great main characters *sigh*. I wish we knew what happened to him, or why he hit on Luce in the first book. Lauren Kate said she was inspired to write about a mortal girl that would attract an angel's attention because she had something special. Am I the only one who didn't get Luce's special traits? I would have preferred if she were indeed mortal, this is how her original inspiration would be explained because now all i get is that a mortal girl must have been (view spoiler) in her previous life to make a fallen angel love her.
While the characters don't develop much the final scenes are satisfying. The ending was good, solid and what the story needed.
I would have given it a 4 if the villains weren't stupid and the romance was not so cheesy. Will I be watching the movie if it ever comes out? Yes, just out of curiosity. I'm too old for this kind of series, i know, this is why I'll stay away from YA. If I were a teenager I'm sure i would have appreciated this series a lot more.
on August 2, 2012
So, yes, I have read all of the books in the series. I found them to be quick reads, entertaining, and somewhat original, although the reincarnated love thing is not a new idea. My favorite part of Rapture was the realization of Luce's past and true nature, and her history with Daniel, Lucifer, and the heavenly crew. I really liked how the pieces fell into place, although I'm sure most of us saw what was happened before it was spelled out. I read an earlier review about how God's final interference was a "cop-out", which I would agree with for the most part. I would have liked to see what Lucifer's decision would have been on his own.

What really bothered me was how rushed the last few chapters felt, and what a let down the final outcome was. I don't understand how Luce and Daniel's choice to love each other had to somehow compete with heaven. If love was what God created, how is this a bad thing, and why wouldn't Luce and Daniel have a place in heaven? I guess their love could be seen as trumping the adoration they should have for God, but I really feel the author didn't explain this dilemma (at least in my opinion) well enough. I really didn't want to see them as human again! This is an urban fantasy, and I really expected it to end like that. Part of why I read books like this is for the fantasy element, and I felt the ending detracted from that. Their history, their struggles, and their angelic mystique, everything that entertained me throughout the series, was stripped away in the ending. I would have liked to see a more compelling end to the series. I am super disappointed, I almost wish I hadn't finished the book.
on June 21, 2012
I LOVED 'Fallen' I really enjoyed that book! So obviously I followed the series from the very beginning. I liked the 2nd book, but the 3rd was a complete disappointment for me. I thought the story didn't need a WHOLE book about Luce and Daniel's past lives, it was a filling book to earn more money if you ask me. Still, I couldn't wait for the last book. And I must say I was disappointed. The first 70% of the book was so slow I left the book days before I finally got the courage to read it again. Yes, it was THAT boring! Nothing really happened, most of the book was about finding the artifacts and it took WAY too long, cause we didn't move on with the story, we didn't get answers until chapter Sixteen. That's when the book finally give you a story, but I thought the author was running to the end of the book when it finally got good, I mean, it was so slow and without much content and then "puff" all the information in a few chapters. It was fine by me cause I love fast reading and that's when I really enjoyed the book. I just wish the author give us the information we needed from the beginning, make it interesting all the way and not only the five last chapters.

Still at the end we never know about Cam's story, when exactly he turned a demon? And why he is nowhere to be seen at the end? When Shelby asked for him nobody talked ... Am I missing something??!! What's that all about? I really liked Cam and he wasn't given the time or lines in this book.

***SPOILER ALERT***
And you would think after seven thousand years Luce and Daniel would finally get their happy ending which wasn't that happy after all. Cause what's good in meeting each other again and be together if you really can't remember a thing about your past lives and how much you loved each other and how much you have to went through and fight to get where you are now. Having your happy ending FINALLY and having the feeling that everything you did and went through actually paid off. I mean, come on!
It would have make more sense and definitely more romantic if The Throne have told them all that plus giving them the gift of remembering everything in their first kiss or the first time they say 'I love you'. After all, God is all about love and forgiveness, and it was already a big deal that they had to be born again, don't remember a thing, found each other and fall in love for the 100000 time. That ending just didn't do it for me, sorry. I was disappointed, God I am still disappointed and can't stop thinking about that ending! I feel robbed of a true happy ending! :(
I guess the most important thing is what I'll start with: Rapture is the perfect ending to this series.

It is just like the other three books, lyrically written and chuck full of Luce and Daniel. Everything is finally revealed and, yes, they get their happily ever after in the most perfect way.

When I began Fallen, it was the first angel book I ever read. I stuck with the series because I found it interesting, despite how you must know I feel about the romance in this book. After all, I HATE insta-love and overdone romance, which is really what these books have always thrived on. I mean, if you can't take romance, I've always told people to RUN AWAY SO FAST. You need a stomach of iron to get through Luce and Daniel on every page.

Fallen and then Torment were always my exception to my "I HATE OVERDONE ROMANCE" rule. Passion actually really intrigued me, because it was so much different then the first two. After that one, I'll admit that I worried Rapture would let me down.

It didn't.

Fans of the series could NOT be disappointed with Rapture ... well, unless you're a Cam/Luce shipper. It had everything that made us fall in love with Fallen, Torment and Passion, from the fun mythology, the dream-like writing and-of course-Luce and Daniel. They aren't apart for a SECOND of this book, don't you worry. Kate also introduced some final characters that were fantastic, and tied everything back around nicely to the first book.

There were a few new plot devices introduced that I was confused about, like Patinas. Luce has spent so much time running from her enemies, why weren't these super-secret hideaways introduced sooner? Also, how was this the first mention of the relics? Still, Kate managed to come up with semi-explanations for why we're just learning about these now, so I sat back and enjoyed the ride.

I never did read Fallen in Love, so the little hints we got about the other angels' pasts really made me happy. Even the Outcasts became totally cool in this book. Whereas Passion explored Luce and Daniel's past, Rapture explored that PLUS the past of the others. It was really neat to see who everyone was before the Fall.

Honestly, there isn't much I can say. As always, it's ridiculously hard to write about books you liked as opposed to books you found issue with. An ending of a series is always so bittersweet. I also don't want to splurge on any spoilers. I can say, however, that I'm very happy. The epilogue of Rapture was one of the sweetest things I've ever read. All loose ends were tied up perfectly neat.
on July 10, 2012
I haven't uniformly loved the books in this series (yes Fallen, not so much Torment) but I do love the series overall. Though it isn't always pitch-perfect, 'Rapture' is still a great ending to the - quadrilogy? Well, series. In particular I'm glad that Kate didn't try to spin it out any further, as seems to be happening too much these days with series in this genre. There's a definite, logical progression in the development of the two main characters throughout the four books, and the way that their quandry pans out in the last book makes good on that trajectory. Though both the 'twist' regarding Luce's true identity and Luce & Daniel's ultimate fate are somewhat predictable, they're still satisfying. And let's be honest: there isn't much that isn't predictable in teen paranormal romance novels. Which is part of the reason those of us who love them, love them!

Having said that, there is another twist at the end regarding Luce's history which I didn't see coming, and which is actually one of the reasons why I didn't give this book five stars. Rather like Primrose's fate in the Hunger Games, the revelation of the second forgotten section of Luce's past, presumably put in there for effect, seemed to me unnecessary and rushed. More to the point, it depleted what had, for me, been the driving force of the plot and character arc: Daniel & Luce's unwavering love for and devotion to each other. It also detracted from Luce's character itself. One of the things I've liked about this series is that Luce isn't necessarily the most perfect and beautiful girl in the room, but Daniel still loves her best, because of what's in her soul (as he tells us repeatedly.) But the final revelation about Luce's past [slight spoiler alert] was gilding the lily. We already have three major characters in love with her - this fourth one pushes the situation from just-about-believable into Mary Sue territory. Especially when there are so many other desirable females in attendance... Anyway, to say more about that is to say too much. But I'd be interested in whether other readers felt the same way.

The book's other major downfall is the many loose ends it doesn't tie up. And they're some pretty major ones: what, for instance, was the deal with Trevor's spontaneous combustion? That has been nagging me since the beginning of the series, but everyone just seems to accept it without explanation, with no mention made among all of the big revelations at the end.

And then, why do so many of Luce's close friends have to die? I actually hold JK Rowling somewhat responsible for this one - she was determined to kill off lovable characters as if it would somehow give the books greater adult credibility. Now this tendency seems to have infected the genre and similar ones. Can't good ever just plain triumph over evil? Do there always have to be major sacrifices? It's annoying, especially when the sacrifices seem just too simple.

Another peculiarly major oversight for Kate: in her Big Decision at the end of the book, Luce agonizes over what it might mean for her and Daniel and their angelic friends, but she never spares a thought for the human friends and family who stand to lose the most from her decision. In fact they never even cross her mind, which seems strange at best, given how important they've been to her in the past, and what she's learned about loss from visiting her past lives.

I was also ready to complain about the fact that Shelby & Miles seem to just fall off the face of the earth, along with the explanation for Arianne's burns, Roland's allegiance to Lucifer, etc. Then I remembered the strange little book 'Fallen in Love' which came out on Valentine's day. Got it, and it does explain some of these things - though not always particularly well. But that's another story.

At the end of the day this tragic love story does have a happily-ever-after, and it was well enough done to make me smile. So four stars, definitely. I'll be interested to see what Kate comes out with next.
on September 4, 2014
Luce, Daniel, and the other angels and demons are in a race against time to prevent Lucifer from erasing all history since the Fall. First though, they have to find the site of the Fall, where all the fallen angels landed after nine days of falling from Heaven to Earth. Unfortunately, none of them remember where this is because, at the time, they didn’t even remember who they were, much less where they were. In his past research, Daniel found clues that might lead them to the location. So, using these clues, they go about trying to find the site of the fall. They only have nine days to find the location of the fall before Lucifer will erase everything. They have many obstacles to overcome, because not only do they have Lucifer to worry about, they also still have the outcasts hunting them because they think Luce is their ticket into Heaven. The Elders remain a threat, as well.

Meanwhile, Luce is remembering more about who she is, and who she has been, than she ever has before. Daniel encourages her to try her best to remember as far back as she can. Luce has to piece her past together if they ever hope to stop Lucifer from erasing history. As she recalls pieces of her past, she comes to see that she is not at all who she thought she was, that the curse is actually more about her than about Daniel, and that she was in love with someone else before Daniel. Who is she really meant to be with? You’ll have to read the book to find out! :-)

I loved, loved, LOVED this book! Finally, everything made sense. I was actually a little reluctant to read it at first because I was disappointed by Passion. This one made up for it. In fact, I understand much more now about why everything that happened in Passion was so important. The stakes are high in this book and there is so much that stands in their way. I was completely enthralled in the suspense. My heart raced each time something happened that slowed them down or put them in danger. I came to care about characters that I hadn’t given a second thought to in the other books. This one is a real page turner. I was grumpy every time I had to put it down, and when I could, I picked it back up again as soon as possible and fell right back into the story. I was impressed by the way Lauren Kate tied up all the loose ends and answered all the unknowns so easily. It all made perfect sense. Now I just feel a little depressed that it’s over. Fortunately, there is still another book in this series, Fallen in Love. From what I understand, it’s a collection of four stories about the characters in the Fallen books. You can bet that’s going to be my next read! You can find more of my reviews at http://bookwormbookreviews.com
on July 13, 2012
Rapture was an entertaining book to read. The story of Daniel and Luce continues and in this book Luce is a stronger person than she was in the previous books. I liked her more. There were things that I didn't see comming expecially toward the end. While I was reading the book I was wonderfing how the author was going to pull off giving Luce and Daniel a happily ever after together (since Daniel would live forever since he is an angel), she pulled that off wonderfully. There were some parts I didn't like, like for example "The Throne" representing God being...female? Wow didn't see that comming and I didn't enjoy that at all. Granted this in not a "Biblically Accurate" book and it's a work of fiction I guess anything goes, but since the author did draw a lot from the Bible regarding "The Fall" well I just think that was in good taste. Otherwise it was an entertaining book to read.