5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Sequel!
*Complimentary copy provided. This does NOT affect my review in any way.*
Rapture. Such an appropriate title. This book absolutely stole my breath away and made me cry while my throat was clenched tight. In other words--I was raptured, reading the fourth and final installment in the Fallen series.

Luce has just come back from the past bearing bad news...
Published on June 19, 2012 by Nikki Wang

3.0 out of 5 stars Um...yeah...I totally saw this coming.
Published on June 20, 2012 by Maria

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Sequel!, June 19, 2012
*Complimentary copy provided. This does NOT affect my review in any way.*

Luce has just come back from the past bearing bad news. Lucifer is planning to wipe away millions of years of history. To bring them back to the one event that started it all--the Fall. But if that happened, Luce and Daniel wouldn't fall in love over centuries. Everything would come apart. So they, along with their angelic (and demonic) friends are on a race against time to find the three relics that will lead them to the site of the Fall where everything and anything is revealed. Including the secret revelation that sparked Lucifer's rebellion in the first place.

Rapture made me love the Fallen series. In the beginning it was just something to read. But now I'm making it my number one priority to re-read every book all over again with new eyes. Rapture left my crying so many times and made me love Lucinda more than ever. (Notice how I use her full name.) We encounter new characters like Dee and Olianna and revisit with old ones. Either way, each one is essential to this story and most (excluding a certain few...) of them now have places in my heart.

The writing was beautiful and the plot never left you bored. Fast paced and filled to the brim with action, I couldn't tear myself away and found myself reading deep into the night and finishing it in one sitting. Even the parts that are usually written awkwardly, the heaven descriptions, were wonderfully described, giving me the sense of angelic propriety.

Daniel seemed incredibly bossy and a bit merciless so I'm definitely Team Cam. I didn't like the way he reacted to certain angels' deaths even if they were his friends. I wanted to pull out my hair. Luce, on the other hand, seemed way more mature than in Fallen when we met her as a whiny girl. It was absolutely relieving when I realized that she was a better heroine than before. Whew!

It was a great angel read, although not as dark I prefer, but it was still awesome. The way Lauren Kate finished off Luce and Daniel's story was absolutely fitting and I loved it, although it was a bit saddening. I cried when I read the last line, it was absolutely touching. It was absolutely 100% beautiful and is definitely one ending I hadn't even imagined.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great end to a great series!, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Rapture (Fallen) (Hardcover)
First Impressions: I was practically pulling out all of my hair waiting around for Rapture to arrive in bookstores. Luckily for me, I was able to snag a Kindle copy of this book a few months before its publication. The Fallen novels are my guilty reading pleasure and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it. If you have read any of these books and are considering starting the series, just be warned that they are highly addictive and once you start to read, you won't be able to stop. Rapture is the final book in this series, so you are definitely going to want to read the previous books before beginning this one.

First 50 Pages: I cleared my schedule so I could spend plenty of time reading and absorbing Rapture. It felt very bittersweet because I've loved these books ever since I read Fallen and it's kind of painful every time a good series comes to an end. I'll admit that I wasn't super crazy about Fallen, but each of the subsequent novels has been better than the last. Rapture ended up being a stunning conclusion, and looking back at it, I feel happy with the way everything turned out and was wrapped up. Lauren Kate's writing had me completely sucked in once again and I blew through this final book just a little too fast, or at least it felt that way to me.

Characters & Plot: Final conclusions are revealed, characters are killed off, and this book was just full of surprises that I didn't really see coming. I'll do my best to keep all of the important points spoiler-free while writing this review, but it is going to be hard! It seemed like every other page I found out some kind of revelation or an answer to questions I had going into this book. And I totally cried a few different times. Lauren Kate's writing is just so good that I became emotionally invested in so, so many of her characters. I'd also like to point out that some people might be offended by the way Lauren visualizes Heaven, especially for hard-core Christians. I'm not easily offended, nor am I Christian, so I can't say that the way Lauren describes the pitfalls of heaven really bothered me, but I can see how Rapture may raise a few eyebrows. Just keep in mind that this is a work of fiction and try to keep an open mind if you are going to read this book.

Rapture once again revisits Luce and Daniel for their final moments of struggle and love. The time they have together may be running out and their fate is about to make an appearance. However, they have to figure out a way to stop the clock and stop Lucifer if they are even going to have a chance at making everything work. The problem is, how are they going to stop him? A battle is surely brewing and it promises to rain hell fire on anyone in its path of destruction.

In order to save what they love and each other, Luce and Daniel have to find the place where the original fallen angels fell and make sure it doesn't happen again or there will be an end to everything good they know. Their time is so limited and they have no idea where to look. As the clock ticks down to the final hours, will they be able to succeed or will they fail? Well, that's a question I can't answer here.

What I will tell you is that Rapture had me on the edge of my seat and I was flying through the pages to figure out what happens. The whole conclusion was very surprising and just when I thought I had it all figured out, Lauren would throw a wrench in the plot that made me rethink literally everything. The price that Luce and Daniel have to pay to save what they love is enormous and it pulled at my heart. All of Daniel's secrets he has held in for so long have come pouring out at last and it was interesting to see Luce's reaction to everything he had to finally tell her.

Final Thoughts: As I've stated before, the ending was so bittersweet. Rapture was completely everything I had hoped it would be and so much more. I can see myself picking up this series time and time again and never becoming tired of it. It truly is an epic story of love, love that is lost, and love found again. The struggles that Luce and Daniel had to deal with would break most couples, but they always had their hopes and dreams and they truly loved each other enough to have faced every obstacle that was thrown their way. I am going to miss this series and these characters so much! But, I'm excited for Lauren Kate to begin a new series and whatever she comes up with next, I know will be just fantastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read, but may offend some strict Christians, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Rapture (Fallen) (Kindle Edition)
This is a satisfying ending to a good series. There were a lot of loose ends from the previous books, but I am happy to report that most if not all of my questions were answered. This book is full of revelations for Luce and for the reader...and that coupled with the tight pacing of the action, it becomes impossible to put the book down. I finished it in less than a day.

To sum the book up, Luce & Co. have to find a way to stop Lucifer from destroying their past...and they only have nine days to do so. While Luce learned a lot about her past lives through Passion (Fallen), she still does not remember her role in the bigger picture. How did Daniel originally fall in love with her? Why is Luce, a mortal, so pivotal to the final showdown between Heaven and Hell? These questions are central to unraveling the seven thousand-year-old war raging for her soul.

As a caution, the subject matter in this book is definitely provocative--even more so than in the previous books. Lauren Kate uses Catholic lore when building her facts about angels and their fall from grace, and the liberties she takes with religious personalities and themes will undoubtedly offend some. It may go without saying, but if you are a strict Christian, make sure you approach this as a novel, not religious writing. It is intended to be a good story based on Christian religious lore, NOT a faithful portrait of official Catholic or Protestant doctrine. As a devout Christian myself, I found myself disagreeing with some of Kate's choices, but then again Christianity is a religion of diverse beliefs and doctrines, so I don't hold her to my own standards. (**For those worried, spoilers: some serious liberty is taken with fleshing out the characters of God and Lucifer, and there are some scenes of death and desecration that take place at real-world sites of religious significance**).

However, I hope that doesn't deter you from reading "Rapture." It has haunted me all day with its love story and its intricate plot. Lauren Kate is as nimble a storyteller as I have encountered in modern YA fiction--this is a book that closes her wonderful series with crowning glory.

3.0 out of 5 stars Um...yeah...I totally saw this coming., June 20, 2012
This review is from: Rapture (Fallen) (Hardcover)
Sooooo. Rapture, the final book in the Fallen series. The story is over. Okay, it felt a bit sad that it's over but i don't think i would handle another book with Luce and Daniel. They are the most boring and shallow fictional couple I've read about. This book was definitely better than Passion. More into the point, more action-packed and less repetitive. Here we go! Don't worry about spoiling, I have placed spoiler alerts.
The book starts off slow for my taste. Like, really slow. The first half of the book was a struggle. Yes, it had some interesting moments but it got tiring. The action was what I was expecting. I kept hearing about a war, but sadly I never saw it. The book failed when it came to suspense, at least for me. The most captivating scenes were when the Scale attacked in Vienna. Other than that,there was no much action.
The writing was good, even though Lauren Kate overdid it with some of the descriptions. They were too long to read. I skipped some parts because i was ready to fall asleep. I also didn't like how some information we already knew kept being repeated as if Kate was afraid we had forgotten about it. Okay, we know about Lucifer/Bill or whatever. We know what he did in Passion. We don't have to read about it in every two chapters in this book. Instead of repeating something we know, why don't you give us some new info about something we have been wondering since the beginning of the series? (Like, how did Trevor die? Who was responsible? Why this part was skipped as if it wasn't important? The whole story began because of this incident.)

The characters. Oh, you know how i feel about Luce and her angel boy, Daniel. They bored me before and unfortunately they bored me now.Like other readers say, they are interesting only when the side characters are around. If it had been Passion all over again I don't know what I would have done. Whenever they were alone I was looking forward to end the chapter because the cheesiness was too much for me. However, there are some improvements. Surprise, surprise!
Luce wasn't as irritating as she was in Torment and Passion. If she had been i would have burned all 4 books She kept being her usual stupid self by not using her brain, though. Less annoying yes, smarter no. I laughed my ass off when she tried to attack Dee because she confused her with Miss Sophia. It was hilarious to see her try to look fierce! She saw no one else was attacking her, didn't she think this was weird? She totally made a fool of herself, again. We have the usual contemplation about her tragic, deep, amazing, everlasting love with Daniel and what would happen if they failed to save it. Yawn. I can't read how perfect they are for each other anymore. I don't care! She keeps obsessing over him in every chapter, calling him her everything, her sun her moon her stars her universe. Way to go, she defines herself through Daniel. Because if Daniel hadn't existed, she wouldn't have existed as well.

Then, as the story progresses Kate tries to make her strong and badass but the attempt fell short. Not because I despise her, but come on! .Luce is not the heroine who would suddenly become a different person with much more confidence. It's just DOESN'T feel all right. Not after three books of nagging, obsession and being a giant idiot. Kate tried to shove her down our throats as the savior. In the end everybody was praising Luce, even Lucifer himself! For me, she did nothing. Daniel was the one who guided her. Daniel was the one who was telling her what to do. Dee contributed to that as well. On her own she's incapable of doing anything.

Daniel is plain boring and a douche. I hated it when he saw the dead janitor in the museum and his reaction was casual as if this man's life didn't matter at all. Really? You're an angel, you are supposed to feel pain when an innocent soul perishes. Oh, wait you only feel pain when something happens to Luce. The swift change from controlling, possessive jerk to the dreamy boyfriend was quite good. But again, I have the same problem as I had with Luce's sudden courageous heart. He flattered her so many times that I actually believed he was mocking her. You're a genius, you're so brave, you're this, you're that blah blah blah.Are you for real? And yes, i know it's YA but teenage love cannot be so cheesy. I refuse to believe that. It's all on the surface with Luce and Daniel. Hear love, see no love. Especially epic, eternal love that surpasses everything. I didn't see the passion, the fire, the deep need to be with each other. The entire book is focused on the war, not on their "love". Maybe that's the problem. Jeez, Twilight was sexier than this. Kate could at least have given one sex scene to show how much they yearn each other.
The rest of the characters don't have a big role in the book. I wanted to see more of Cam who is always great but again he had a supporting role. I must say I was gutted when Gabbe and Molly died. I wanted to know more about them.

As for the story, i liked the places they visited, as i mentioned above the scenes with the Scale were the best, especially the killing part. Unfortunately they were the only villains in the book. Miss Sophia is by far the most ridiculous villain I've ever seen. The scene in the church was quite intriguing but she was so utterly idiotic I couldn't take it seriously. Thus, i believe the presence of all the characters was not needed, she could be killed easily without so much drama. After this, I noticed Elena Gilbert had made a cameo appearance in the book! Yes, that's right. Luce hugged Cam after she'd supposedly saved him (she saved the day again, hail mighty Luce) and said she couldn't imagine losing him. Yes. So, not only had she forgiven him but she grew to love him as well! In such a short amount of time,without mentioning what changed her mind all the sudden. This felt surreal and unconvincing. In the beginning of the book she was still wary of him and his intentions. Fail.

And the big revelations! Luce suffers from hallucinations after Dee gives her her blood and the reader suspects something's up. Come on. We all knew it since the beginning of the series. It was the number 1 theory. As well as the fact that she was Lucifer's love. Shocker! There's a hint in chapter 4, come on.

The depiction of Luce in Heaven was of the things i liked, what bugged me was the first meeting with Daniel. Not romantic and rather silly. You meet someone and then you start making out? Seriously? This part felt rushed and not so well-written. I was expecting something more special. Something more overwhelming.

As the other angels watch Luce is the one to stop Lucifer. She goes inside the Announcers to find him. Yeah...the brave Luce does not even fight him. I wanted to see a freaking battle of good and evil, of all the angels. I wanted to see death, loss, agony. Not some pathetic begging! Lucifer is the devil, he is not supposed to make you laugh, but to make you feel scared. He was silly and tacky. And the insults? Oh my God. He called Daniel a haircut. Yes, a haircut, wow the guy is so eeeeeeeevil.

Their bickering sounded like high school lovers who had been dating for two weeks and the guy is so obsessed he can't leave her alone. Oh, my God, when he told her that they looked cute back in Tahiti I burst out laughing.
She didn't even get tempted by him, isn't this what the devil must do? To lure you, to trick you? It would have been interesting if she'd considered joining him. This is how the story would reach a peak.

facepalm Pictures, Images and Photos
Then the final chapter is in Heaven where Luce chooses what? GUESS! You won't believe it OMG. Yes, she chose Daniel! Lucifer sits in a corner with his head hanging low like a grounded kid and then our couple says goodbye to their friends because they will be reincarnated as humans without memories.

The epilogue was good, even though i have some questions. I would have liked to see them already together, not another first meeting. Daniel was like Miles and Luce was...well, as Luce. And her friend Nora was Callie with a different name.

The final scene where the angels and Nephilim stalk them, er, watch them was enjoyable but Miles and Shelby are grownups. Don't they have anything better to do than watch two teenagers make out? And Cam, what happened to him? WHAT HAPPENED TO TREVOR?! Some questions remain unanswered. Frustrating enough.
And Steven and Francesca, in Torment a student said they live in sin and that they can't get married, why in this book Steven referred to her as his wife?!

Rapture was an okay book, with some good moments and some action. Cam should have been the main character, because he's brilliant and i have not seen one reader to express hate on his character. He and Lilith would have been great main characters *sigh*. I wish we knew what happened to him, or why he hit on Luce in the first book. Lauren Kate said she was inspired to write about a mortal girl that would attract an angel's attention because she had something special. Am I the only one who didn't get Luce's special traits? I would have preferred if she were indeed mortal, this is how her original inspiration would be explained because now all i get is that a mortal girl must have been (view spoiler) in her previous life to make a fallen angel love her.
While the characters don't develop much the final scenes are satisfying. The ending was good, solid and what the story needed.
I would have given it a 4 if the villains weren't stupid and the romance was not so cheesy. Will I be watching the movie if it ever comes out? Yes, just out of curiosity. I'm too old for this kind of series, i know, this is why I'll stay away from YA. If I were a teenager I'm sure i would have appreciated this series a lot more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining series, disappointing ending, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Rapture (Fallen) (Hardcover)
So, yes, I have read all of the books in the series. I found them to be quick reads, entertaining, and somewhat original, although the reincarnated love thing is not a new idea. My favorite part of Rapture was the realization of Luce's past and true nature, and her history with Daniel, Lucifer, and the heavenly crew. I really liked how the pieces fell into place, although I'm sure most of us saw what was happened before it was spelled out. I read an earlier review about how God's final interference was a "cop-out", which I would agree with for the most part. I would have liked to see what Lucifer's decision would have been on his own.

What really bothered me was how rushed the last few chapters felt, and what a let down the final outcome was. I don't understand how Luce and Daniel's choice to love each other had to somehow compete with heaven. If love was what God created, how is this a bad thing, and why wouldn't Luce and Daniel have a place in heaven? I guess their love could be seen as trumping the adoration they should have for God, but I really feel the author didn't explain this dilemma (at least in my opinion) well enough. I really didn't want to see them as human again! This is an urban fantasy, and I really expected it to end like that. Part of why I read books like this is for the fantasy element, and I felt the ending detracted from that. Their history, their struggles, and their angelic mystique, everything that entertained me throughout the series, was stripped away in the ending. I would have liked to see a more compelling end to the series. I am super disappointed, I almost wish I hadn't finished the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Ending, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Rapture (Fallen) (Hardcover)
I guess the most important thing is what I'll start with: Rapture is the perfect ending to this series.

It is just like the other three books, lyrically written and chuck full of Luce and Daniel. Everything is finally revealed and, yes, they get their happily ever after in the most perfect way.

When I began Fallen, it was the first angel book I ever read. I stuck with the series because I found it interesting, despite how you must know I feel about the romance in this book. After all, I HATE insta-love and overdone romance, which is really what these books have always thrived on. I mean, if you can't take romance, I've always told people to RUN AWAY SO FAST. You need a stomach of iron to get through Luce and Daniel on every page.

Fallen and then Torment were always my exception to my "I HATE OVERDONE ROMANCE" rule. Passion actually really intrigued me, because it was so much different then the first two. After that one, I'll admit that I worried Rapture would let me down.

It didn't.

Fans of the series could NOT be disappointed with Rapture ... well, unless you're a Cam/Luce shipper. It had everything that made us fall in love with Fallen, Torment and Passion, from the fun mythology, the dream-like writing and-of course-Luce and Daniel. They aren't apart for a SECOND of this book, don't you worry. Kate also introduced some final characters that were fantastic, and tied everything back around nicely to the first book.

There were a few new plot devices introduced that I was confused about, like Patinas. Luce has spent so much time running from her enemies, why weren't these super-secret hideaways introduced sooner? Also, how was this the first mention of the relics? Still, Kate managed to come up with semi-explanations for why we're just learning about these now, so I sat back and enjoyed the ride.

I never did read Fallen in Love, so the little hints we got about the other angels' pasts really made me happy. Even the Outcasts became totally cool in this book. Whereas Passion explored Luce and Daniel's past, Rapture explored that PLUS the past of the others. It was really neat to see who everyone was before the Fall.

Honestly, there isn't much I can say. As always, it's ridiculously hard to write about books you liked as opposed to books you found issue with. An ending of a series is always so bittersweet. I also don't want to splurge on any spoilers. I can say, however, that I'm very happy. The epilogue of Rapture was one of the sweetest things I've ever read. All loose ends were tied up perfectly neat.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sloooowww and disappointing ending, June 21, 2012
This review is from: Rapture (Fallen) (Kindle Edition)
I LOVED 'Fallen' I really enjoyed that book! So obviously I followed the series from the very beginning. I liked the 2nd book, but the 3rd was a complete disappointment for me. I thought the story didn't need a WHOLE book about Luce and Daniel's past lives, it was a filling book to earn more money if you ask me. Still, I couldn't wait for the last book. And I must say I was disappointed. The first 70% of the book was so slow I left the book days before I finally got the courage to read it again. Yes, it was THAT boring! Nothing really happened, most of the book was about finding the artifacts and it took WAY too long, cause we didn't move on with the story, we didn't get answers until chapter Sixteen. That's when the book finally give you a story, but I thought the author was running to the end of the book when it finally got good, I mean, it was so slow and without much content and then "puff" all the information in a few chapters. It was fine by me cause I love fast reading and that's when I really enjoyed the book. I just wish the author give us the information we needed from the beginning, make it interesting all the way and not only the five last chapters.

Still at the end we never know about Cam's story, when exactly he turned a demon? And why he is nowhere to be seen at the end? When Shelby asked for him nobody talked ... Am I missing something??!! What's that all about? I really liked Cam and he wasn't given the time or lines in this book.

***SPOILER ALERT***
And you would think after seven thousand years Luce and Daniel would finally get their happy ending which wasn't that happy after all. Cause what's good in meeting each other again and be together if you really can't remember a thing about your past lives and how much you loved each other and how much you have to went through and fight to get where you are now. Having your happy ending FINALLY and having the feeling that everything you did and went through actually paid off. I mean, come on!
It would have make more sense and definitely more romantic if The Throne have told them all that plus giving them the gift of remembering everything in their first kiss or the first time they say 'I love you'. After all, God is all about love and forgiveness, and it was already a big deal that they had to be born again, don't remember a thing, found each other and fall in love for the 100000 time. That ending just didn't do it for me, sorry. I was disappointed, God I am still disappointed and can't stop thinking about that ending! I feel robbed of a true happy ending! :(

3.0 out of 5 stars My Heart Hurts..., July 29, 2012
I have been a huge fan of the fallen series and Ive got to say that the ending has made me want to curl up into a ball and cry. first of all im going to let you all know that this review is going to contain a LOT of spoilers- mainly because i need to rant and my partner has no clue what im talking about so wont listen to me. do NOT read ahead if you dont want to know major secrets in this book. so here goes...

SPOILERS!!!!
the beginning of the book was a bit boring and still left me with a whole heap of questions- when luce woke in the apartment in venice next to that random and overheard daniel negotiating with phil the outcast i got really annoyed and thought that the whole book was gonna be opening up more questions and no answers as the others have been- seriously its been four books i need some freaking answers!!! so at this point in the book im thinking "oh no what sacrifice has daniel made to get the outcasts to join their quest to save their love- and the world??????" well it turns out nothing... i still have no idea what happened or how daniel managed to convince phil to join his side. and this really annoys me.

next problem- nowhere NEAR enough cam. it was like Lauren forgot about him and then read through the book and was like "oh crap forgot cam- well better add him in somewhere" and then added a couple of very minor scenes. im still really confused about his role in the books- he had so much potential and i thought from the ending of the last book that throughout rapture he would be trying to convince luce to trust him- another thing that annoyed the crap out of me is that luce one second says she loves cam and thats why she needed to save him and the next second she is being a bitch to him and not wanting to give him the time of day- umm okay i have no idea what that is about, make your freaking mind up- either you do love him so accept him back as apart of the group or you dont and you stick to it. everyone else seemed to be capable of doing this. Then in the epilogue hes just gone- no one answers shelby.. where the f*&$ did cam go????? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!

i have to admit that the upside to this book was lucifer- HUGE SPOILER!!! DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW MAIN SECRETS IN THE SERIES!!! im giving fair warning people- i mean it. okay here goes:

once luce finds out she's an angel and has all her flashbacks the twist turns out to be that the epic love triangle is between daniel, luce, and lucifer. i loved it. then when she flys into lucifers announcer where the fall is occurring and confronts him- i hated it. not the part about confronting him, i thought that was great and that he was so sad, but luce was just a bitch. if i were her and had just found out that i had loved another before daniel my heart would have been split in two. we know deep down that she is meant to be with daniel but seeing lucifer the way he was, cradling her fallen form, singing lullabies to her- loving and missing her- how could she be so heartless and cruel? he made me want to cry and hug him. it had so much potential for the two of them to talk and was going pretty good and then....

HUGE let down. it was as if lauren couldnt think of a way to finish the book- so God said "enough" and the fall stopped- and all the craziness stopped- and all their hard work was snuffed out with that one word. i would have been seriously pissed if i were luce or daniel or cam or roland or any of them. are you kidding me? they did all that FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!! the whole book seems pointless, all their struggles pointless. no one saved the day, no one stopped lucifer, God got bored of watching the movie so turned it off. why didnt you just nip it in the bud if thats the way it was gonna end anyway?? would have saved a lot of angels their lives. i felt cheated. and to rub salt into the wound luce and daniel weren't aloud to remain angles and live happy immortal lives together. they lost their memories and had to take their chances of finding each other as mortals without the memories of their pasts, without the memories of the huge epic struggle they went through to get to the love they have for each other today. only one last life to live together. that is the worst. im hurt and cheated. the only good part in the ending was lucifer tossing the coin- he still loves her, that made me want to cry.

i gave the book three stars:

*one for lucifer

*one for luces memories/flashbacks and wings

*and one for cam, roland, arriane, gabbe, annabelle, molly, and of course Daniel- because these special characters deserve a star. they will be in my heart for ages. i may not have liked the ending, but i did enjoy the journey, and the angels were all unique and awesome. i loved them, which is why i felt they deserved a better ending. and this is why my heart hurts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ending to an amazing series!, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Rapture (Fallen) (Hardcover)
I just want to start out by saying it took me awhile to read this book. But not because it wasn't good. It was because I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to the characters. For me that characters really make a book. If there isn't a single character that intrigues me while reading a book, I will get bored. The love story of Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori will definitely stick with me. I have laughed with them. I have cried for them. And I have prayed for them.

Warning there will be slight spoilers from the previous books in the Fallen series, so if you haven't read them proceed with caution. That being said, Rapture is the fourth and final book in the Fallen series. It is the ending of Luce and Daniel's story. After several millenia of the angel Daniel, finding Luce and falling in love with her over and over again, only for Luce to die each time this is their final story. As I was reading this book, it really did feel like it was the end. Which I think is a very good thing for a series. There's nothing like finishing a series, and feeling like the author could write more. It makes for the reader to feel that the story was incomplete. I feel that with Rapture, the Fallen series was definitely completed.

Rapture picks up right where the third book Passion ended. The angels are trying to stop Lucifer from resetting time, and are on a journey to remember where the original "Fall" took place. From the beginning I enjoyed the pacing of this book. In fact this book didn't really feel like it was over 400 pages long. That's a good thing, because no likes a book to drag. Along the way there is bit of a reflection from the other books. There are mentions of Luce at Sword & Cross from the first book, and at Shoreline from the second book. It's very interesting to see the changes and character growth from each book.

But I must say it's the ending of this book that really got to me. I honestly think this ending was perfect. I love that the title of the last chapter of Rapture is the same title as the first chapter in the first book of the series, Fallen. In fact, through out all the books there has been a lot of foreshadowing. And loved how everything fell together in the end. I couldn't think of a better way to end this series.

Reviewed by Sana @ Step Into Fiction

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, November 17, 2012
This review is from: Rapture (Fallen) (Hardcover)
Great end to an epic story . Everything I ever wanted as far as answering all my questions ! I think this is one of the best books series I have ever read . This says a lot because generally I do not enjoy young adult paranormal fiction books .

Rapture (Fallen)
Rapture (Fallen) by Lauren Kate (Hardcover - June 12, 2012)
$17.99 $12.59