Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rapture
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

84%
16%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 4, 2004
For some crazy reason, I went on a big opera-compilation-CD buying binge a few months ago. Impressed by the highly positive reviews, this 2-CD set was one of many such purchases I eagerly made at that time.

Well, time has passed, the dust has settled -- and now I find that this is one of only TWO of all those compilation CDs that I still love to listen to frequently (the other is the amazing bargain CD, The Most Famous Opera Duets).

I highly recommend this beautiful compilation for those times when you feel a yearning for beautiful, transporting music, but don't want to commit to listening to an entire opera. Put this on, close your eyes, lean back, and prepare to be swept away! This is a truly special music experience for a very reasonable price. Treat yourself!
11 comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2003
Are there people in your life who just don't "get" opera? This CD is a fantastic introduction to opera for people who are not familiar with it. You could think of this CD as being the "best of the best" or at least as a collection of the easiest to listen to hits.
It would take a heart of stone not to melt when the Flower Duet from Lakme is playing.
Even though these numbers are already familiar to me, I never get tired of hearing them, and I play this CD over and over. In fact, since my car has a CD-changer, I just leave this CD in all the time and switch over to it whenever I'm feeling stressed.
Great collection by great artists, this CD is really a treasure.
on March 15, 2006
I don't usually like compilation CDs of this sort, since they pull the songs out of their original contexts. But, in this case, the choices are thoughtful and the way they have been intermixed throughout this two-CD set are exemplary.
on February 23, 2007
former reviews are no exaggeration, this is the most beautiful music I have come across. I have many opera CDs but this is one I never tire of.

I listen to the CD everyday and it is always soothing, uplifting and inspiring. I wish I could find another as wonderful.
on January 24, 2007
Wonderous---Melodious----

This compilation of Opera's finest moments is positively wonderful!!!!Unquestionably the best buy I have made in Opera Music..No kidding,I have trays full of CDs covering every facet of Opera,but none as beautiful...A full 2 1/2 hours of the best of the best....Heavenly Moments says it ALL...I vote 6 stars!!!!!
on November 21, 2002
This CD is an assortment of some of the best singing in all of opera. Several are used as theme music in movies, i.e. Shawshank Redemption Sull'Aria by Mozart. This is an excellent buy for the money - 2 CD's of glorious music. You won't be disappointed!
on May 30, 2005
You don't need to be an opera fan to appreciate the marvelous selection of music on these two CDs. I've found that even folks that say they don't care for opera or classical music end up enjoying these when I have them playing. It's a best of the best selection and at a deal of a price. Also makes for great background music at dinner, for relaxing, or during your hectic commute. These are among my standard CDs that I play over and over and never tire from. This is money well spent.
on December 14, 2007
I am not an opera fan normally. But sometimes the music is so lovely that it's a pleasure to just sit and listen. That is what this disc is. Most of the music is gorgeous and although I don't understand a word of it I just love listening to it and enjoy it. I think anyone who loves beautiful music be it an opera fan or not will enjoy this cd.
on June 10, 2007
If you are looking for peaceful, beautiful music this is for you. It is a delightful mix of some of opera's most memorable moments. Long time opera fans will be familiar with most of the arias and newcomers to opera will recognize music that has become identified with movies and commercials.
on September 6, 2008
I have more experience with other genres of music, but am interested in basically all kinds. I have been collecting CDs for nearly 2 decades but had no Opera in my collection. I did a little research and arrived at a conclusion. If I wanted the most and best Opera music for my money, I had to get this title, which is a double album, and "The Most Famous Opera Duets". Well, the latter was a steal with a list price under four dollars, and the former was a truly good compilation of many uplifting, diverse, impactful, and pleasant pieces. I am satisfied with my purchases and have filled the gap in my music collection. I can't see Opera getting better than this and the other title I mentioned. Enjoy!