5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tech-Metal for a new generation
Published on November 12, 2008 by MTTS

3.0 out of 5 stars Like a 3.5, maybe 3.75 or 3.98
There are a couple reals jams on this guy here but after several listens not a lot of other stuff is becoming attractive. I really like Ometh and Berzerker. It's just not consistently brilliant.
Published 14 months ago by Mykul Jaxin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tech-Metal for a new generation, November 12, 2008
MTTS (Washington, Pasco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rareform (Audio CD)
When I first heard this bands original album, I wasn't blown away. It was cool and had some really interesting rhythms and melody, but it wasn't mind blowing. As soon as I heard Cursing Akenaten, track 3 of the album, I knew it was a must to get this. Never have once have I skipped a song on the CD. Every time I start the cd while driving, I intend to go to a track favorite, but always end up listening to the whole CD. It's that good.

The CD stands on it's own without needing a leading tack to keep your interest. The Meshuggah influence is evident, but in a good way. The melody off set it so well that it really makes you wonder what else can be done with this sort of poly-rhythmic assault.

Bottom line, do yourself a favor and at least preview the tracks, it's an album that will remain true to it's form no matter how you try and dissect it, metal simply does not get better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tech/math at it's best!, October 23, 2009
Extol "Extol" (Keansburg, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rareform (Audio CD)
The technical creativity of this band makes any math major happy!
I love this cd and for those reading this review, the previous comment about this being the re-issue is wrong, this is the 2008 regular first release of this cd.
The re-issue enhanced cd 2009 is here

The 2009 re-issue's cover is all dark, the 2008 origional release is 2 tone light on top dark on bottom half of cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album I've heard in months, diverse taste, August 10, 2010
This review is from: Rareform (Audio CD)
This is death metal at times, guitar wizardy at other times. Forget the subject matter, you can only interpret a little of it by ear. The solos kick me in the teeth, though some sound a little familiar thematically (can't place where from). I don't especially like death metal. For fans of complex guitar work, and a little noise in the interim. I been curb'd by rareform.
By the way, this Sumerian Records needs to support their bands better. I did a search and so many of their bands got one album published, never to be heard from again. Still waiting on Conducting from the Grave.

5.0 out of 5 stars :P, May 16, 2010
I. Duiven "Devil_Horns1236" (Grand Rapids, Michigan/USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rareform (Audio CD)
Well, I didn't get the originally recorded Rareform album that was advertised, but I got the re-recorded one and I'm cool with that. It's a really great album by a very incredible, talented band. If you're into at least a little bit of metalcore or progressive hard rock/metal check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best metal albums ever!, April 19, 2010
This review is from: Rareform [Reissue] (Audio CD)
All I can say is if your a fan of any kind of metal especially metalcore than get this CD it's one of the best I've heard and I listen to alot of underground or metal/deathcore bands. After I seen them live I had to have this CD and I was not disappointed at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars an acquired taste, but then so effing tasty, January 22, 2009
Drew (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rareform (Audio CD)
I first listen to these guys on their first album, forging a future self. I wasnt too into this branch of metal at first, but the irregularity of the music with the melody and the offbeats and things, it really grows on you. After listening to forging several times over after a little listening hiatus, i came back to them and it opened my eyes. I have waited a long time for this album, and it blew me away.

Defnitely remind me of veil of maya, or other way around i guess, but these guys are undeniably talented, and i hope to see a lot more from them. It's a great combination of heavy beats, melody, and gruffness. It is a different taste, but I'm sick of eating the same thing every day.

Album is amazing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great album by amazing band, poor handling, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Rareform [Reissue] (Audio CD)
This CD of course would meet my expectations. I would consider it one of the greatest metal albums written as After the Burial is extremely talented.
However, the cd case was cracked and in terrible conditon upon opening.

5.0 out of 5 stars how did i miss this album, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Rareform [Re-Issue] (MP3 Music)
Been a fan of the genre ,and heard of after the burial but never "heard" them .... And I was actually hesitant on buying the album but man I'm glad I did.... This is my number 2 album purchase of this year behind point below zero's ep....great Stuff

3.0 out of 5 stars Like a 3.5, maybe 3.75 or 3.98, June 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars devoid of deformations, July 30, 2011
jim (Spencer, Ma) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rareform (Audio CD)
If you like deathcore, buy this. The cd is flawless. The solos are awesome and the breakdowns are good. Delicious cover art. Great vocals and lyrics(I always check out the lyrics of a cd to see how good it is). Grant is my favorite vocalist from After the Burial. He has some good stuff in his other band, Nostalia. Check them out on myspace; they have a free album download. Fav. song: A Vicious Reforming of Features.

Rareform
Rareform by After the Burial (Audio CD - 2008)
Rate and Discover Movies