Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2012 9:08:41 PM PST
Andrew says:
Do ya'll think this game will be rare (read: hard to find) when it releases?

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 9:24:35 PM PST
Cam says:
after awhile probably

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 7:15:44 PM PST
Well, it's an Atlus game. A niche. They only release x amount of copies, which tend to sell and go out out of print fast. The price for Devil Survivor: Overclocked jumped $20 after Amazon ran out of copies a month or two later. Used copies are listed at $38, with new ones as $45 and up :/ The Persona series and Catherine are still easy to find and reasonable priced, but for stuff like DS, it's best to preorder or buy soon after launch.

I doubt the prices will be as outrageous as: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - Nintendo DS

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2012 12:41:22 PM PST
Cam says:
WOW lol those prices for Phoenix are insane!

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 10:05:42 PM PST
Online it will go up in price, but on gamestop it will stay the same or cheaper. i bought ds 1 for 12 bucks

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 5:10:28 AM PST
Yeah, this is why I love GS. I got Justice For All for around $15, which is like the same price for Trials & Tribulations on Amazon.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 8:28:35 AM PST
Krylancelo says:
I've never played a Phoenix Wright game. though I've heard good things about them.
I'm happy my pre-ordered copy of SMT:DS2 is shipping soon! Though I never played the first one. Anything got to be better than Strange Journey. I hope.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 9:02:10 AM PST
Mazuto says:
Strange Journey and DS2 are two completly different types of games. SJ is more of an old school dungeon crawler and is reminscent of the older SMT games. DS & DS2 (which are not really connected so no real worries there) are more or less SRPG's. I found all three of these games to be really good, but I understand if you didn't like SJ as it's not for everyone. DS & DS2 will have a more involved story, better overall characters, and all in all should be a more enjoyable experience for you then SJ. If you have a 3DS I would suggest picking up Overclocked though. Although the two stories don't connect, it still is an amazing game :)

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 9:57:15 AM PST
^ Agreed, Mazuto

I stopped playing Strange Journey somewhere in the last sector. I still need to find the map for the dark area there. :/ DS is a lot easier to get into, and less frustrating.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 5:02:05 PM PST
Krylancelo says:
I see, thanks for the info. I like when the story is more involved. So I hope I'll like DS2 more than SJ for sure!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 8:20:34 PM PST
forweg says:
Just curious, why did you decide to buy DS2 if you never bought/played the original?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 8:55:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 8:55:55 PM PST
Krylancelo says:
I've been an Atlus fan for a few years now. I saw the opening vid for Persona 3 and fell for it. Though I missed the launch window and couldn't find the game near me. ( I wasn't using the net for purchases then) After 5 months of searching I found a copy!!!
So I bought the game with OST and art book used for like $54.00 plus tax. Of course they announced Persona 3 FES like two weeks after that, which had the original game and a new story on one disk.... I ended up buying that about a year later. though I haven't finished the main storyline yet (thought my save would transfer over so I wouldn't lose any data, and of course it makes me start over from the very beginning.)

Well, long story short, I learned my lesson and since I didn't have a DS when the original SMT:DS was out... I heard good things about it and the second one wasn't a direct sequel so it feels like a good place to start.

Hehe, sorry, long answer!

I also bought Persona 3 Portable (it had a girl main character so I couldn't resist!)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 7:11:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2012 7:13:15 AM PDT
R. Pickman says:
I'm a long time fan of the Persona series. Strange Journey didn't really do it for me. I don't like the first person dungeon crawling/random battle. I'm not saying it's a bad game at all, it's just personal preference. The overall feel and setting of Devil Survivor is much more like Persona and Persona 2. The gameplay is phenomenal. The blend of classic turnbased RPG with SRPG is amazing. The Fusion system and auction system is great because you don't have to run around to find a Velvet Room or backtrack to one you've already found, you can buy demons and fuse them between battle wherever you are.. The story is pretty fast paced and engaging right off the bat. Maybe I'll give Strange Journey another shot, but it's definitely different than Devil Survivor.

To the OP. As others have said, Atlus only prints a couple runs, so eventually this may be hard to find. Because they're not typically popular among the more mainstream player, generally you can find copies at list price or below pretty easily for up to a couple years following release. As others have mentioned, gamestops are a great place to look if you don't mind buying it used because they have fixed prices that won't really fluctuate with the online market value. The only problem you may run into is that they, or the original owner threw the game case away (which is an atrocity in and of itself), or the person who stole it didn't steal the box and manual with it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Feb 24, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about