Learn to build software and hardware projects featuring theRaspberry Pi!
Raspberry Pi represents a new generation of computers thatencourages the user to play and to learn and this unique book isaimed at the beginner Raspberry Pi user who is eager to get startedcreating real-world projects. Taking you on a journey of creating16 practical projects, this fun and informative resource introducesyou to the skills you need to have in order to make the most of thePi. The book begins with a quick look at how to get the Pi up andrunning and then encourages you to dive into the array of excitingsoftware and hardware projects.
- Features projects that use Python, which is Raspberry Pi'sprogramming language of choice
- Includes projects for creating an information center fore-mail, Twitter, Facebook, weather, train times, and more
- Shows you how to recreate Pong and Pacman or write Tic TacToe
- Teaches you how to use Raspberry Pi's general purposeinput/output port in order to speak to external hardwaredevices
- Walks you through setting up computer-controlled slot carracing, a swipe card door lock, disco lights, and more
Raspberry Pi Projects is an excellent way to dig deeperinto the capabilities of the Pi and to have great fun while doingit.