Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on January 23, 2016
This movie kept skipping when I tried to play it. There are no noticeable scratches but there is definitely something wrong with the DVD!!!! Very unsatisfied with this purchase since I need this movie to play for my students!
on August 15, 2015
The movie is a solid 7/10 but the dvd (which this review is about ) is a 2/5 , no director commentary -1, non skippable dated "previews" -1, no good bonus features, -1. Good movie but this isn't a worth while way to have it
on August 30, 2015
While I love Patton Oswalt, this movie was slow and dull. My four year old told me it was boring and wouldn't sit through the entire thing.
on January 16, 2014
The video stopped several times through and the picture didn't come in clear at times. Disappointed in Amazon Prime I have a high speed internet connection and checked the speed several times during viewing and the speed should have been more than adequate.
on June 9, 2013
Let it be stated that I did not buy this product and never will. Though my brother thought it hilarious, I thought it long-winded, WAY TOO TOO TOO LONG, overblown, dull, formulaic, patronizing, NOT FUNNY, and a waste of the filmmaker's energies and money. I mean, seriously folks...
on February 28, 2015
Typical kid movie these days - the kid is the hero and the parent is the idiot, at least until the end. Italian movies = there is probably going to be wine... but they had to put in an inebriated character (main) in this kids' movie in their usual attempt to please everyone. Also, the main character looks like a teenager and ends up hooking up with the lady cook who looks twice his age. She is a little violent at first, stabbing three knives into his coat to pin him to the butcher block. A bit aggressive. There is a long kissing scene. My seven year old said 4 stars. My 5 year old said 2 stars. My husband got bored and fell asleep. The storyline was decent, but the bad morals in a kids' movie brought this to a two star for me. Better movies out there for kids that are also enjoyable for adults.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2013
Within the first few scenes of the movie, granny is blowing away her stuff with a semi-auto shotgun trying to kill the rat. My 5 year old is pretty sensitive and was shaking like a leaf before I could stop the playback - I just didn't realize it was going to escalate so suddenly like that! A gun? Great. So anyway, that brought on a good discussion of what guns are, why all those holes in things appear when they go off, and what to do if she ever sees a gun at a friend's house (and reminded me to make sure to ask other parents on any playdate if they own any).

After she went to bed, I went down to finish it - was pretty horrified to hear the main little rat chef scream out "SHUT UP" at his friends. That's serious rudeness and not tolerated in this house. Finally, the main young human chef got totally plastered with his boss on a bottle of wine, and acted completely s***faced - not really "G" movie material I'd say - it looked like something that would be a lot of fun (and it can be... just not for a 5 year old). I do need to screen things a bit more before showing I guess.
on April 28, 2014
the DVD came warped, it was slightly bent, I think from heat during shipment, and wouldn't play. We had to go out and buy it again.
on September 10, 2015
I received it in a timely manner but the dvd skips on 3 different parts and there aren't any scratches on the disk.
on January 15, 2014
We just un wrapped this movie to watch for the first time and there is no movie in the case!