Customer Discussions > The Ballads forum

I'd Rather See A B-side/Rarities Album

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2009 9:48:52 PM PST
As Much As I like Mariah Ballads, I'd rather see a compilation of B-sides and Rarities such as

Everything Fades Away
Slipping Away
Do You Think Of Me
Breakdown (Mo Thugs Remix)
My All - Spanish Edition
Hero - Spanish Edition
Someday (New 12'' House)
Someday (New 7" Jackswing/Video Version)
Someday (Pianoapercaloopapella)
ETC

I'd rather see a compilation of her hard to find/out of print material rather than a Ballads collection.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2009 10:22:55 AM PST
JS says:
I tried to Sony to do this but they all ignored my complaint. Fans want the B-side ballads over recycled greatest hits cd from Mariah,

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2009 11:11:50 AM PST
I totally agree! What Mariah Fan do you know that doesn't have every single one of these songs already...and if they have an ipod and itunes can just make this playlist in 5 seconds like I can. What do we need this for? We need the rare B-sides. That is what we want. I'm very disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2009 1:10:38 PM PST
Agreed! And add the "Underneath the Stars" remix to that list.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2009 2:52:26 AM PST
R. Papkow says:
Amen-As an avid Mariah collector, I already have these songs in multiples. I collect singles and even imports. Why should we shell out more money for songs that we already have. As creative a person as Mariah is, why can't she seem to come out with something original? Even the title "The Ballads" is rehashed from her previous EP release "The Ballads CD"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2009 10:12:07 PM PST
S. Duchon says:
Mariah really has no control over this release. It is being released by her former label Sony. This explains why no songs are included from her last two albums. For example "We Belong Together", which is Mariah's biggest ballad of her career. I agree it's a little foolish to purchase a cd of songs we all have. However, Sony is going to cash in on Mariah's recent success as much as possible, like they did with "Remixes" and "Greatest Hits".

Also, there is a recent quote from Mariah from a 2008 interview overseas where she confirmed that a release of her previous unreleased work is set for a 2009 release. BUT THAT COULD ONLY BE A RUMOR TOO!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2009 10:37:17 PM PST
S. Duchon, do you happen to have a link to this "Quote"?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 9:31:07 PM PST
S. Duchon says:
Hey M Felix....I don't have a link....A friend heard it on an interview she did in the UK back in November.

Like I said, this could be a rumor...I never stated this was confirmed by her people or label.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 10:19:22 PM PST
thanks anyways

Posted on Feb 5, 2009 11:46:03 AM PST
I agree with everyone here and I wanted to add a dream come true album for me: Mariah´s oewn versions of any other famous singers or a duets album (recopilation) of her career.

Posted on Mar 2, 2009 10:31:02 AM PST
Mariah is working on a ALL NEW Album for 2009

Posted on May 27, 2009 4:35:56 AM PDT
B. Bushell says:
Guys/Gals don't wait on a record company to do what you can do for yourself in the meantime. I have already done my own rarities and remix album. It's off the hook!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 9:15:37 AM PDT
Joy says:
One Sweet Day is still her biggest ballad and hit period to this day. Not We Belong Together.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2010 12:36:07 PM PDT
Joy says:
Yeah and:

Weakness Of The Body
There For Me
Do You Know Where You're Going To
There Goes My Heart

And much more.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Ballads forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 31, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ballads
Ballads by Mariah Carey (Audio CD - 2008)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (50)