5.0 out of 5 stars This album'll make you digga digga do!
Published on September 5, 2012 by Michael Z. Rork

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the "original" Big Bad Voodoo Daddy sound
I was expecting the small Big Bad Voodoo Daddy group performing new songs in their swing style. This disk has a couple of problems. First, it is a full-blown big band that includes many members of the Brian Setzer Orchestra. That is not a bad thing, but it is not what you expect from BBVD. Next, the mixing is horrible. The first tracks have the audio clipped to the...
Published on October 27, 2012 by djclayt

5.0 out of 5 stars This album'll make you digga digga do!, September 5, 2012
After their last album, "How Big Can You Get?" I was left feeling slightly disappointed. You must understand, this is my favorite band ever. I've seen them at least 8 times, potentially more (I've totally lost count) and am aching to see them again. I've met the entire band after shows a few times, and even had dinner with Karl after a show one night. I also have a tattoo that features their original wolf head logo.

Anyway, the Cab Calloway tribute album was ok, but I have come accustom to expect an amazing album every time from BBVD and it let me down. With that, I was worried about this album. Had the lost their touch? Had they finally run out of great original material?

The answer is a resounding "No!" This album returns Big Bad Voodoo Daddy to what they are good at: writing and playing catchy tunes that make you want to get off your butt and dance. Every song is good, if not great. I get a huge smile on my face listening to this album. A particular favorite of mine is It Only Took a Kiss because it's the first original love song of theirs that my wife and I both heard for the first time while together. Another stand out for me is Gimmie That Wine. Drinking songs about wine always get me. Some other stand outs are Digga Digga Do, Why Me?, Rattle Them Bones, and... Hell, I love all of them.

Do yourself a favor and pick this album up. Show your support for this amazing band. May they never stop producing music that makes me want to Digga Digga Do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Bad Voodoo MUSIC, September 4, 2012
This review is from: Rattle Them Bones (Audio CD)
These guys never disappoint. Seen them live, heard all their records. Get up and dance is all I can say. But first, buy this album. You won't stop dancing, singing and tap tap tapping.

5.0 out of 5 stars BBVD Let it Roll Again!, September 4, 2012
This review is from: Rattle Them Bones (Audio CD)
I got a relatively early-day delivery of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's latest offering and this one does NOT disappoint!

The band's been together for 20 or so years, and no where is this more apparent than in the disc's third track, "The Jitters." This one will have you tapping your toes! The band's vocal talents are also self-evident when they ask the musical question, "Why me?"

BBVD get better and better with age!

This album is MOST STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a smile download this!, March 25, 2013
I don't write many reviews so for me to do so I really have to enjoy what I'm listening to. Well, This is a wonderful album! I adore BBVD, I have since their very first album. I'm bias in that regard. But I can't help buy smile every time one of the songs on this albums shuffles onto through my playlist. So often now you don't hear musicians who put real effort into their playing. I am never disappointed with BBVD and always impressed with the talent in this band. The lyrics are uplifting, and beats make you want to dance and if you can't you still tap your toes with joy. I've already gotten my moneys worth just in happiness!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 10, 2013
This review is from: Rattle Them Bones (Audio CD)
Saw BBVD on Jay Leno and took a chance buying their CD. That was a great choice--this is a GREAT CD! Something different and fun to listen to...would recommend it to everyone....

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Great Cd, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Rattle Them Bones (Audio CD)
My son really enjoys today's big bands as well as yester year's.Big Bad Voodoo Daddy ranks right up there with the great Glenn Miller Orchestra so buy this cd and let them rattle them bones. Lois Banks

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes you dance!, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Rattle Them Bones (Audio CD)
Great CD - the music is so up and happy! Great instrumental work, I play it in the car and at home, to rock out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough stars!!!!, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Rattle Them Bones (Audio CD)
I love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and I have to say this is their very best album yet!!!!! It is fantastic! I have recommended it to friends who have never heard them before and got them hooked!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Big band comeback?, September 7, 2013
This review is from: Rattle Them Bones (Audio CD)
Good stuff here. The instrumentation is really great. I'm an old guy so this brings back a lot of big band memories. VooDoo Daddy has that old sound down pat. It's that sound that makes you want to get up and move. My only problem is that there is too much vocal on this CD for my liking. That is just my personal problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars We have another winner!!!!, August 2, 2013
This review is from: Rattle Them Bones (Audio CD)
Very few things in life REALLY improve with age, but BBVD sure does. And what makes this even better is when you have a good seller to get you hooked up with the kind of sounds Brian Setzer can only dream of delivering....

Rattle Them Bones
Rattle Them Bones by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (Audio CD - 2012)