Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 5, 2012
After their last album, "How Big Can You Get?" I was left feeling slightly disappointed. You must understand, this is my favorite band ever. I've seen them at least 8 times, potentially more (I've totally lost count) and am aching to see them again. I've met the entire band after shows a few times, and even had dinner with Karl after a show one night. I also have a tattoo that features their original wolf head logo.

Anyway, the Cab Calloway tribute album was ok, but I have come accustom to expect an amazing album every time from BBVD and it let me down. With that, I was worried about this album. Had the lost their touch? Had they finally run out of great original material?

The answer is a resounding "No!" This album returns Big Bad Voodoo Daddy to what they are good at: writing and playing catchy tunes that make you want to get off your butt and dance. Every song is good, if not great. I get a huge smile on my face listening to this album. A particular favorite of mine is It Only Took a Kiss because it's the first original love song of theirs that my wife and I both heard for the first time while together. Another stand out for me is Gimmie That Wine. Drinking songs about wine always get me. Some other stand outs are Digga Digga Do, Why Me?, Rattle Them Bones, and... Hell, I love all of them.

Do yourself a favor and pick this album up. Show your support for this amazing band. May they never stop producing music that makes me want to Digga Digga Do!
on September 4, 2012
These guys never disappoint. Seen them live, heard all their records. Get up and dance is all I can say. But first, buy this album. You won't stop dancing, singing and tap tap tapping.
on September 4, 2012
I got a relatively early-day delivery of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's latest offering and this one does NOT disappoint!

The band's been together for 20 or so years, and no where is this more apparent than in the disc's third track, "The Jitters." This one will have you tapping your toes! The band's vocal talents are also self-evident when they ask the musical question, "Why me?"

BBVD get better and better with age!

This album is MOST STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!
on February 13, 2013
My son really enjoys today's big bands as well as yester year's.Big Bad Voodoo Daddy ranks right up there with the great Glenn Miller Orchestra so buy this cd and let them rattle them bones. Lois Banks
on September 7, 2013
Good stuff here. The instrumentation is really great. I'm an old guy so this brings back a lot of big band memories. VooDoo Daddy has that old sound down pat. It's that sound that makes you want to get up and move. My only problem is that there is too much vocal on this CD for my liking. That is just my personal problem.
on December 20, 2012
I've been following BBVD for a few years now (since I first heard about them), and this album is my favorite one so far. They are all very good, but I feel that this one stands at the top. BBVD has refined their craft, and this album sounds most similar to what you might have actually heard in the 1930s or 1940s. If you like this kind of music I don't think you'll be disappointed- every track on the album is great.
on October 12, 2013
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is a contemporary swing revival band from Southern California. The band has concentrated on the swing of the 1940s and 1950s, playing clubs and lounges in their early years. Over the last few years, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy has played numerous Pops programs of American symphony orchestras, including the Los Angeles Philharmonic, San Francisco Symphony, and Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.

On this album, we get a nice overview of the music by this band. Tracks vary from the sounds of a small jazz combo to big band music and a large dixiland jazz band. All of it very enjoyable and lively. If you like jazz and the big band sound, this group is for you.

Highly recommended.
on January 5, 2015
If you like energetic music then you'll like this music. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy has been around for awhile, but I've just rediscovered him. This is a great CD to dance to while you're doing housework. Makes the work go faster and more calories burned. Win, Win all the way around!
on March 25, 2013
I don't write many reviews so for me to do so I really have to enjoy what I'm listening to. Well, This is a wonderful album! I adore BBVD, I have since their very first album. I'm bias in that regard. But I can't help buy smile every time one of the songs on this albums shuffles onto through my playlist. So often now you don't hear musicians who put real effort into their playing. I am never disappointed with BBVD and always impressed with the talent in this band. The lyrics are uplifting, and beats make you want to dance and if you can't you still tap your toes with joy. I've already gotten my moneys worth just in happiness!
on August 2, 2013
Very few things in life REALLY improve with age, but BBVD sure does. And what makes this even better is when you have a good seller to get you hooked up with the kind of sounds Brian Setzer can only dream of delivering....