5.0 out of 5 stars Now and then along comes a giant
Anne McAneny is that rara avis of a writer who creates a solidly entertaining story with as many unique aspects as the inside of a Faberge egg and then tells it with language that is equally as intoxicating as is the story she is weaving. There are many pages of RAVELED, a brilliantly bold mystery novel tucked inside a decaying old crotchety Southern town, that plead to...
Published 16 months ago by Grady Harp

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but flawed
Dear god, is there no blind ally this author doesn't take the reader down? This is a fantastic story very well told marred only by the author's inability to get out of her own way.

Other reviewers have gently said what I'm saying (too wordy, a little slow, too many similes), which is that the author doesn't know when to stop describing something or throwing in...
Published 10 months ago by Gab

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 522 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read., June 7, 2014
Kathy (Shasta Lake Ca.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
I recommend this book to anyone who likes a great mystery. I can usually write the ending of a book before I'm finished with it.... This book was a mystery to the end... Bravo Ann McAneny!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
The more I read of this book the more intrigued by it. Every chapter lead me on a greater adventure with twists and turns along the way. Just when I thought I had everything figured out, the ultimate twist showed up in the last chapter and blew me away. One of the best books I have read in a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raveled, May 24, 2014
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
awesome read hard to put down. a lot of twist and turns. I got these book due to its rating from others and it was free could not beat that. it was a good read. highly recommend if you like a good mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, May 23, 2014
Amazon Customer (NorCal United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I've read by Anne McAneny and I will be reading more. It grabbed me from the start and I found it very difficult to put down. The flashbacks were very easy to follow and the story was gripping. This was one of the best books I've read in a long time. I highly recommend it and hope her other works are as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars ENTERTAINING!, May 21, 2014
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. Loved the author's writing stye with Allison's often sarcastic thoughts which fit perfectly with what you as the reader were thinking as well. Loved the characters. Felt so sorry for Artie. Lots of mystery and great ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing mystery, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
Well-written mystery with a believable plot and well-developed, interesting characters will keep you turning pages until the satisfying conclusion. Then you'll find yourself searching for more books by the same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
I bought this boo for free on Amazon and it was. Really good book with son twists an turns while Allison tries to fin out the truth about the murders from her hometown 16 years ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Suspense, April 27, 2014
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
I liked the suspense, but thought it moved slowly. Too much going back to past with characters and then back to present. Sometimes I got lost in remembering the characters because of th going back and forth. If I had read the book in a couple reads, it would not have been as bad. It was a long book and I may miss a day of reading. Overall, Anne McAneny is a good writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book in a row that I have read by this author. The writing is excellent and the story compelling. On to find another book by her.

5.0 out of 5 stars very very good, April 24, 2014
This review is from: Raveled (Kindle Edition)
Talented writer, will definitely read more by her. Kind of book you want to put down and think it through. Kept my attention to the end.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 522 | Next ›

Raveled
Raveled by Anne McAneny (Paperback - January 28, 2013)
$9.99 $8.99