4.0 out of 5 stars Good clamps
Not much to say, they work exactly as you'd expect. The metal clamps like these are much more reliable than the plastic ones. People complained of the ruber smelling - it smells like a new car tire - not really that strong and after being in the garage for a couple days had no smell at all.

Good price for a 10 pack.
Published on November 7, 2010 by Gene N

1.0 out of 5 stars Soaked in Kerosene??
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good clamps, November 7, 2010
This review is from: Ravelli 10 Pack of Photo Video Muslin Background Clips (Electronics)

Good price for a 10 pack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ravelli background clips, April 12, 2011
I really like these clips. They're strong (but not too hard to squeeze), and wide, a feature I prefer in clips for my banner poles. The only slight downer is that you have to watch the rubber covers, they tend to fall off. (easy fix, though) Overall a durable, good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Textured rubber for better grip, February 21, 2013
Has a textured rubber on the inner surface, holds better than similar looking products. Apparently I need more words. Yup.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good But Pads Come Off, June 5, 2014
Bingo (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I am both a photographer and a woodworker. I use a LOT of different clamps including lots of different spring clamps.

From the clamp standpoint - these are very good. Much, much stronger than your typical cheap Harbor Freight clamps. For the money, they are fantastic.

From the photography standpoint - they are OK. The clamps are good but the protective pads don't stay on. On many of them, they simply fall right off from gravity when you open the clamp. I plan to go through them all and glue them on but it's a really annoying shortcoming that without, these would easily be 5 star clamps and would honestly be all I'd ever buy.

For the price, they are great.

4.0 out of 5 stars bad semll, May 28, 2013
These are well made & do their job, however they have a really awful smell to them even after having them out of the box & wrapper they still have that smell to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muslin Clamps by jRavelli, February 11, 2012
Very nice clamps. I really like the wide grip and they're more than 1/2 the price of the heavy duty spring clamps I bought at Home Depot. Great buy and well worth the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Soaked in Kerosene??, July 16, 2013
I'm sorry folks, but I have to strongly disagree with the reviews & comments here that downplay the smell of these clamps. There is an EXTREMELY STRONG smell that resembles kerosene. If you put these clamps on your backdrop within a few feet of your subject such as a small child and they have allergies or just plain sensitive sinuses, I don't think your photo shoot will last very long!

These clamps were shipped to me individually wrapped in a zip lock style bag that is inside a box. That box was inside a brown container box. Then this box was inside a larger box with other items in my order. The smell was so strong that when the delivery guy brought it, I could immediately smell it and I had not even touched the box yet! After opening it you can imagine how over powering the smell was. And it is NOT a good smell. (And I disagree that it is a 'rubbery' smell.) Clearly these clamps are made with using some process that includes an unnecessary chemical or substance and there is NO REASON for this! I apologize for sounding cynical, but I shudder to think what chemicals and/or materials are used at the Chinese plant that is making these. But what ever they are using is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. There is no reason what so ever this is necessary. (Consider for a moment the differences in environmental regulations between America and China. Would you still feel what this product is made out of is no big deal if these are made with asbestos or some other hazardous material? You seriously think this can't happen?)

The clamps themselves look like they are decent quality and have a lot of strength to them since they are metal which is the reason I purchased these. The spring in them feels solid and durable. The rubber tips on each one does look flimsy though and I have to wonder how long before they start to tear apart and fall off. But at this point they are "completely unusable". I have them currently sitting outside my house in my back yard. If the smell doesn't clear up in a week or so, then these go in the garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Clamps!, January 11, 2011
Nicole Barr (Centreville, va United States) - See all my reviews
I really wasn't looking for the highest quality clamps on the market when I purchased these. I just wanted something inexpensive to do what I needed it to do, hold things together. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened these. These are not cheap clamps. They are well made, and any professional would be pleased with them. These are metal clamps with a lot of tension in the spring. Nothing is coming loose from these. They also have a removable textured rubber shield that will not only provide you with extra grip, but it's also going to protect any delicate surfaces you are clamping on to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality clamps, August 13, 2013
These are as good as it gets. They're well made and strong clamps. I only needed two clamps for my screen when I usually need 5 because these are so great. I work in the film industry and they're the exact same platypus clamps we use for green screen for a small small fraction of the price. You wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made clamps!, June 21, 2013
These are well made and have wide, rubber covered jaws to hold firmly to flat or round surfaces. For multi-purpose clamping, I prefer these to the hardware store type spring clamps although each has it's advantages. These grip a bigger surface area, and they are also attractively priced.

Ravelli 10 Pack of Photo Video Muslin Background Clips