Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 7, 2010
Not much to say, they work exactly as you'd expect. The metal clamps like these are much more reliable than the plastic ones. People complained of the ruber smelling - it smells like a new car tire - not really that strong and after being in the garage for a couple days had no smell at all.

Good price for a 10 pack.
on June 5, 2014
I am both a photographer and a woodworker. I use a LOT of different clamps including lots of different spring clamps.

From the clamp standpoint - these are very good. Much, much stronger than your typical cheap Harbor Freight clamps. For the money, they are fantastic.

From the photography standpoint - they are OK. The clamps are good but the protective pads don't stay on. On many of them, they simply fall right off from gravity when you open the clamp. I plan to go through them all and glue them on but it's a really annoying shortcoming that without, these would easily be 5 star clamps and would honestly be all I'd ever buy.

For the price, they are great.
on August 13, 2013
These are as good as it gets. They're well made and strong clamps. I only needed two clamps for my screen when I usually need 5 because these are so great. I work in the film industry and they're the exact same platypus clamps we use for green screen for a small small fraction of the price. You wont be disappointed.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 26, 2015
After reading reviews on the plastic clamps I decided to try these by Ravelli, which so far has shown to provide a solid product at a great price. When the box arrived it was heavy. I couldn't remember what I ordered that would weigh so much. When I saw that it was the clips I truly understood why people were saying to stay away from the plastic ones.

They have a great grip and a firm pinch allows them to hold your cloth or paper backgrounds with ease. I did think it would be nice if the made the inside of the clip Round so that it fits around the tripod pole perfectly but I am not an engineer, maybe his is the best way.

A solid product and worth your investment of you are becoming (like me) are already are a photographer.
on February 24, 2016
Meh. They're alright, a bit tight on the grasp. Mine had rubberized slips over the non-business end too, which was nice. Downside was, they were flat grips, and weren't designed to go around posts or poles, so they're kinda useless for the bare concept of securing backdrops unless I get a bit creative. I'll find another use for these, but holy crap, I'm getting annoyed with these sorts of places sending me something "Improved" and inevitably hamstringing its purpose in doing so.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2015
Ravelli means Quality. First let me say I owed a Photography Studio and Video Production Company for for 16 years. After a bad accident I had to close up shop. Now 10 years later I'm finally able to get back to what I love photography! I purchase everything I need for my new studio from AMAZON and when it come tripods,tripod dollies,background stands,clamps and so on I look to see if Ravelli makes it fisrt. Their quality reminds me of the Bogan of yesteryear (monfroto). Everthing they sell is top quality at affordable prices. Their products always come well packaged on time and some times you get little suprises inside. I just wished they had more products to offer because I would go with Ravelli every time. Keep up the good work Ravelli you have a customer for life.
on November 16, 2015
Fantastic high quality clips .......Strong metal, 3" long jaws with rubber type inserts, opens 2" wide, height is 4" with very strong spring.
this is commercial duty clamps able to lift a few pounds at least. As a design engineer i would not change a thing.
Buy it..... worth every penn unless you don't have enough strength to open the jaws.
on December 9, 2015
Very good quality and well priced like every Ravelli product I have purchased. They are a nice size and strong yet not so strong my wife can't open them. They have holes where any sort of object could be attached, and the rubber gripping area insure that the jaws will hold tight on many different types and shapes of surfaces.
on February 21, 2016
I bought these to assist with modifications of reflectors. These clips are really good. The grip is strong and the clasping area has rubber sleeves to protect the reflectors. I anticipate the rubber sleeves will be lost over time, but they are superior to anything I have seen or used before.
on January 20, 2016
These clamps are super solid. I use them with the Ravelli backdrop stand. Ravelli ABSL Photo Video Backdrop Stand Kit 13' Tall x 15' Wide with Dual Air Cushion Stands and Bag

No complaints at all, these are great!