From the Back Cover
Now that support for digital RAW capture is built into so many cameras and both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, more photographers are using RAW to seize creative control of their digital images. If you’re ready to explore RAW capture, or if you’ve tried it and bumped into obstacles, this book will show you how to optimize RAW files to achieve optimal results.
The first introductory book on using Adobe Camera Raw, RAW 101 covers all practical aspects of RAW in Photoshop Elements 3 and Photoshop CS2. Just follow the heavily illustrated, step-by-step examples and you’ll quickly figure out how to attain the greatest accuracy from your RAW files, whether it’s correcting shadow and highlight detail, fixing white balance, or eliminating noise. Once you see the startling results, you’ll no longer want to rely on your camera to make critical decisions for you.
Inside, you'll learn everything you need to know to:
- Get your images ready for RAW file conversion
- Navigate the Adobe Camera Raw workspace
- Master RAW conversion controls for exposure, shadows, brightness, and contrast
- Extend beyond the basics to control white balance, color tint, noise, and more
- Automate Camera Raw to optimize your workflow
- Use advanced conversion options in Photoshop CS2, such as curves control, cropping, and straightening
- Put the finishing touches on your images—adjust levels, use filters, resize, and much more!