5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, awesome recipes with normal ingredients
I'm very impressed with Raw Energy. I've been looking for ways to add more raw food to my diet, but not necessarily at dinner. And I don't have time, nor the organization, for raw food cookbooks that make you start an entree 3-5 days ahead of time to sprout, soak and dehydrate the creation. This book focuses on snacks.

I like that most recipes use...
Published on January 8, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, no pics
I like the recipes and her easy way of writing. The ingredient pictures are beautiful and very artistic, but completely unhelpful if one wants to know how the prepared item should look.
Published 22 months ago by Alison

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, awesome recipes with normal ingredients, January 8, 2010
This review is from: Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body (Paperback)

I like that most recipes use ingredients I already have around the house. There are a few with more exotic ingredients like spirulina powder, but these are easy to skip over if you don't wish to buy the ingredient. Each recipe is fairly simple and straight forward. Most use a blender or food processor, a few use a dehydrator (but if you're into raw food, you probably already have these anyhow). There are lots of recipes that omit frequently allergic ingredients such as dairy, egg or gluten so I can make snacks for my friend with food allergies.

I just made Cashew Maple Oatmeal Squares and they taste just like an out-of-the-oven oatmeal cookie, but cold. There's also recipes for breakfast cereals, "milk"shakes and smoothies, dips, trail mixes and lots of desserts.

This book is going to be getting a lot of use at my house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw Energy:124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snackes to Supercharge Your Body, February 10, 2010
Great book for snackers. Lots of good ingredient information. The recipes are simple enough for beginners and really delicious. It was good to have some recipes that didn't require special equiptment. The Pecan Pick-Me-Up Bites are especially good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Raw Food book yet, March 15, 2010
I have been researching and eating Raw Foods for almost two years now and this is one of the best books I have found yet! Simple, easy, normal ingredients and so fun! Definately worth it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great snack ideas, slightly disappointed, February 21, 2011
Jamie H. (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
I really like this book. I was looking for a raw book that had quick snack ideas and she does not sway from that. Great ideas for smoothies, juices, and quick and easy snacks. I really appreciated how the author also added in shelf life, refrigerator and freezer life. A lot of recipe books do not do that and it is important to know especially when doing raw. The beginning of the book is a reference section including staple foods used through out the book, kitchen tools, and her story. All great and especially helpful if you are new to raw. Also the ingredients used throughout are generally easy to find.
Now to the reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5....
I feel I was jipped with two of the recipes. One was for Ants on a Log...celery sticks filled with a raw nut butter and the other was fruit slices with raw nut butter spread on them. I would have appreciated two other raw recipes than these no brainers.
Other than that a great raw food, simple snack book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, no pics, October 28, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, March 22, 2010
I bought this book at the prompting of my niece. We both like our sweets but try to eat healthy. Well this book lets you do both. The cookies in the back are real yummy and they get rid of your sweet craving. Excellent book for anyone. Fun recipes for children to make and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, September 7, 2011
What a wonderful book! Every recipe I have tried so far has been easy to make with delicious results. The book promotes a raw diet however these recipes can be used by anyone wishing to add healthful snacks to their routine. It also includes many alternatives to store bought energy bars and snacks that have chemicals, preservatives or corn syrup that you may not want in your diet. This book is worth having in your cookbook library!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it from the library first and then had to buy it, May 22, 2011
I really love this recipe book. It has easy to make recipes that are delicious (especially for being raw). I first checked this book out from the library while my husband and I were going on a raw diet. We've since quit our raw diet but I bought this book and we continue to make food from it. We love the recipes in this book. They are great for energy filled snacks and breakfast smoothies that taste yummy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!!, March 24, 2011
This was the first raw foods cookbook i got and i'm glad i started here! This was the first small, yet important change that i made to changing my lifestyle. I do feel the recipes are a bit calorie dense; I think the idea is to use this in place of brekafast, snack, etc but if you are eating one portion for breakfast along with fresh fruit, its not bad. I love this book and would highly recommend it to anyone, not just someone who is a raw foodist!

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTALLY DELICIOUS, February 17, 2012
faith (maitland, fl United States) - See all my reviews
While I'd like to be a raw foodist, I love chocolate and sugar and all things 'old school' sweet. But I'm trying. My palate does not yet crave Green Smoothies, with that being said, the recipes in this book are SO YUMMY!!! I have loved every recipe I've tried, including the Spirulina Balls (and in the past, Spirulina has always made me gag). I've made the milks - SUPER easy and delicious, Vegetable Juice Cocktail - excellent proportions of veggies, several of the shakes and several of the Energizing Snacks -my favorite Power Balls.
I love that the author includes a description of the snack (best for this.. not so portable because...) and identifies 'a good source of' for each recipe and even tells you if you need a dehydrator. Which is super useful.
This book has really helped me eat better and enjoy 'good for you' foods. One day, I may just crave a Green Smoothie.
I'm so delighted to find a yummy raw book that has super easy to make recipes that isn't chock full of Vitamix & Dehydrator recipes.

$16.95 $11.30