Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

100%
Raw Food Celebrations
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$19.95+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

The holidays are gaining on us quickly! I think every raw foodie needs Raw Food Celebrations on their kitchen book shelf!

My very first raw foods book was Nomi Shannon's The Raw Gourmet and I used it to shreds. It was THE book that hooked me on the raw foods lifestyle and the one I pull out for every kind of reference, from soup to nuts. The book is beautiful and creative, the recipes simple and fail-proof, the rewards delightful and inspiring.

Once again Nomi has made another brilliant and significant contribution to the raw foods movement, teaming up with Sheryl Duruz to give us a book of celebratory menus that will ensure your every party to be a stunning and nutritious success... the beautiful and indispensable Raw Food Celebrations!

I have been using Raw Food Celebrations for the past two years and with Thanksgiving and the Christmas holidays rapidly approaching I wanted to be sure and bring this wonderful book to the attention of all you raw foodies who will be entertaining over the holidays. I can assure you that every recipe will be a great success and you will impress not only other raw foodies but traditional vegans AND non-vegetarians alike!

To whet your appetite, here is Nomi and Sheryl's Traditional Menu, perfect for Thanksgiving: Stuffing, Marinated Mushrooms, Wilted Greens, Faux Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy, Sweet Potato Souffle, Festive Loaf, Cranberry Sauce, Yam Pie, and Applesauce Pie.

The marvelous thing about this book is that it will help you plan ahead. Nomi and Sheryl outline all the food prep you will need to do two to three weeks before your event, or days before your event, or the day before the event, or the day of your event itself. How great is that? Let me tell you...it works!

Other menus include Italian, Thai, Brunch, Cocktail Hour, and a Light Luncheon Buffet. The recipes serve 8 to 10 good appetites. Since I am the sole vegetarian at my family functions, I cut the recipes in half to serve myself and to tempt other willing family members. But for desserts, I go the full tilt boogie because everybody loves dessert and these recipes are as enticing as any traditional, and I might add unhealthy, dessert recipe. How does Chocolate-Caramel Divine Cheesecake sound? Or Orange-Coconut Biscotti? Or Lemon Gelato? Or Apple-Cranberry Tart?

I have been preparing living and raw vegan food since 2000 and have been a lowfat vegan since the 70s, so the vegetarian and raw kitchen is not new to me nor is it a challenge, but I think this book is wonderful for beginners and the accomplished raw foodie alike. Nomi and Sheryl's recipes are obviously well tested and fail-proof. They are written clearly and precisely so that the inexperienced will not be daunted by any of them. The full-color photos are gorgeous. Nomi and Sheryl also provide a lot of helpful and interesting information which should put the beginner at ease. They describe different ingredients and the best equipment used for their recipes. The recipes are unique and sophisticated enough to keep the accomplished raw foodie from the boredom of repetition. Finally, the book is well organized and cross reference is easy. The Index is very good and comprehensive.

So, my sister and brother raw foodies, don't wait any longer! Order Raw Food Celebrations now so you have it in time for the holidays! I'm sure it will become one of your all-time favorites for every occasion!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I love the recipes in this book. They are some of the most delicious raw food recipes I've tried. What I love about this book is that it is laid out day by day what you need to do to prepare these wonderful feasts for those special occassion that you are so willing to put a little extra time into.

I've made many of the recipes for special birthday parties for friends.

While I love everything in the book, I have to say the raw cheese cake is a bit of heaven. It is so decatent and worth buying the book for. Also, the lasagna is by far the best raw lasagna recipe I have ever tried.

This for me is not an every day food book. But I keep it and use it for special occassions when I really want to serve a full, beautiful, flavorful, gourmet meal.

Thank you for the wonderful book. It is priceless to me.
on April 17, 2009
Wonderful Raw food recipe book provides delicious meals for party guests with great pleasure and pride.Good advice of planning ahead for the party! Thai Coconut Soup is AWESOME! I recommend for newly Raw vegans to try this beautiful party menu for every occasion. Don't forget Festival Loaf for Holidays! Yummy!
on August 24, 2015
awesome book, great recipes and easy to prepare
on October 3, 2008
This is a wonderful book. Her first book after all this time I continue to use it. The Lasagne is worth the price of the book. I like that it has make ahead items.