5.0 out of 5 stars Quality macadamias at a slightly better price than locally
These raw, unsalted macadamias are crunchy and fresh.

Macadamias are expensive, and this price is a bit better than our local options. There are a few amazon sellers of raw mac nuts and we keep an eye for the lowest price, superior nut has been the winner lately.

We use lots of unsalted macadamias as a topping on our favorite fish:
1 cup...
Published 16 months ago by Daniel J. Pickering

1.0 out of 5 stars Stale, old tasting, not fresh at all.
Published 11 months ago by Kathleen

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality macadamias at a slightly better price than locally, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) (Grocery)
These raw, unsalted macadamias are crunchy and fresh.

We use lots of unsalted macadamias as a topping on our favorite fish:
1 cup unsalted macadamias
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
Combine in food processor.

This works best with a thick white fish like cod or hake, preferably wild caught. The original recipe (From Alton Brown food network) was for Mahi Mahi.

Coat fish in high-heat tolerant oil like grapeseed oil, extra virgin avocado oil, or high quality extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake fish on 400 for 5 minutes, then remove and coat with coconut milk. Sprinkle nut topping generously, bake for another 7-10 minutes depending on fish thickness until fish is done and nuts are golden brown. This is a favorite in our house!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stale, old tasting, not fresh at all., January 28, 2014
This review is from: Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) (Grocery)
There were a ew nuts in the bag that were just right. But most of them were rubbery, stale and old tasting. For the amount of money that I paid for them, I would have expected them to be much better. I would expect a few stale nuts, but this was almost the entire bag stale, with a few pieces that were fresh. You could tell they were stale just by touching and pressing down on them. Very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars rancid smelling, February 5, 2014
This review is from: Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) (Grocery)
I was excided to order this product on line but when I received it and tasted it, I was very disappointed. It must be old nuts. It smelled like old oil from macadamias nuts. Usually I buy any nuts from Trader Joe's and Costco. I never smell a bad order from their products. I do not recommend this product. Also this 1 pound bag of nuts is not cheap either. It costs more than Trader Joe's and Costco. Go to Trader Joe's and Costco.
from Maryland

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, strange smell, May 30, 2013
These were just plain AWFUL! Smaller in size than others I have ordered
online. Very little "macadamia" flavor, which is a lovely, buttery nut
flavor and these only tasted stale. Also had a very strange
odor, a sweetish chemical scent that is very unpleasant.
I thought it might be from the heavy duty plastic bag they were
packaged in but transferring to a regular zip bag had no effect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tastless and not fresh, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) (Grocery)
I should have paid more attention to the negative reviews. I am too lazy to return this products, plus it really bugs me to pay for return shipping. The nuts are not fresh and are tasteless. Save your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what the Label said, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) (Grocery)
Do not buy this it's not "Whole" Macadamia it's halves and pieces. I don't know about the taste or flavor because as soon as I see it's halves in there it went straight back to the box for return. Very dissapointed. Not paying for anything deceitful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many spoiled nuts in the bag, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) (Grocery)
These were not inexpensive and to open the bag and dig into them and find at least one spoiled macadamia in every handful was a huge disappointment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) (Grocery)
They tasted slightly 'off.' They were not fresh at all. I will not buy these again. I will buy them from my local health food store where I can sample and be sure the quality is good.

1.0 out of 5 stars First Order Fresh, Second Order of 3 Pounds Rancid and Inedible, December 21, 2013
Gail Howard (Las Vegas, Nevada USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) (Grocery)
The first order of two pounds were fresh and delicious in a bag labeled We Got Nuts.
The second order of three pounds were rancid and inedible. Two of the three bags
labeled Candy ePlus were ripped open with half the nuts spilled out. Superior Nut Company
must outsource their Macademia nut fulfillment. What a shame their quality can't be
trusted. They should ship nuts only from We Got Nuts. I had to throw away three pounds
of Macademia nuts although the expiration date on the packages was September 2014.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are really good, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) (Grocery)
It was hard to find whole raw Macadamia nuts ... everyone sells them dry roasted. These are just plain raw unsalted macadamias. Very good.

**Update: I think I now know why the reviews are varying quite a bit. This item can come from several different vendors. I'd always got them from "We Got Nuts" in my previous orders, but this last time they came from "Food To Live" and were not nearly as good (smaller, less whole nuts, blander flavor). I would recommend getting them from "We Got Nuts".

Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag)
Raw Whole Macadamias (1 Pound Bag) by Superior Nut Company