Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on April 23, 2013
Let me start by disclosing that my entire travel team plays in these pants. We purchased (mostly directly from Rawlings, but a few "completers" from Amazon) 48 pairs and have been playing/practicing in them for over a month. We don't have a full-season on them yet, but have some good data!

So... If you're looking for light weight pants that seem as though they will survive a long season (unless you have a vigorous slider), these pants might be for you. The black, although not popular with traditionalists, is awesome from a washing perspective and I think looks great on the field, too. Orange knees and hips on grays and whites looks sloppy and makes teams look disheveled. The Rawlings YPB31MR pants have a somewhat traditional cut from hip to knee with a little room (slightly baggy) to move, but are pretty narrow from the knee down. They are nicely made and pre-hemmed. The bottom hem is tight which is good since they are pre-hemmed. Shorter, uhhh... wider players won't have to hem them or have them hanging over their cleat heels as the stumble and tumble their way to 1B! For perhaps some helpful fit reference:

YL is perfect for a 5'-1", 94 pound 10 year-old boy with a +/-25" waist and long legs
YXL is perfect for a 5-2", 88 pound 11 year-old with a 24" waist and VERY long legs.

If your player slides hard, you will burn these pants up since they are light-weight BY DESIGN. If your player slides hard or plays on gravel lots get the Mizuno's with the on-board sliding girdle/padding, but for warmer climates (or in our case- HOT, mid-Atlantic games), I LOVE the lightweight fabric. Weigh the trade-offs depending on playing style and climate.

NOTE: I do not like the adult version of these pants. Like most men's baseball pants, the waistband to crotch height is about 4 feet! Your options are to take the field like Steve Erkel with your belt in your armpits or like MC Hammer with crotch at your knees. Your choice, but neither works. I don't care how well you move- baseball is NOT hammer time! Uh oh! Uh oh! Uhhhh oh!
on June 7, 2013
This is the 4th pair of Rawlings Youth baseball pants that I've gotten this year but the first with the unfinished bottom. I like the fit of the small in the other kind. But my son wanted the loose bottom for All-Stars because that style is more popular. I ordered this one in the small as well (he wears a size 6 or 7 slim in pants) but they are really too big. I would send them back and swap but I don't have time so he is going to wear them with a tight belt. I would recommend going down a size if your child is very thin like mine. My son is also very tall for his age but we have plenty of length (not really the case in the fitted bottom leg style) so I should have went with the X-Small. I'm just very surprised in the differnces between the fitted and loose leg Rawlings pants.
on November 20, 2012
After reading reviews and sizing charts, opted for the Y XXL. Did not work - length was great for 5'2", but waist would never work, even belted it was too big. Still looking for the right fit for a 27.5" waist + 28" inseam.
on June 5, 2013
I have a slim athletic son and these were just what he needed. The youth small was perfect in the waist and length for my 9yr old.
on June 21, 2014
My 8 year old son (52" tall, 55lbs) fits these Youth Medium pants well. Wide waistband helps keep shirts tucked in. The crotch sits a little low for my taste but he didn't mind and they look nice. Wears with a belt for perfect fit. Had to hem them, but don't mind. Because of the roominess throughout, I hope to be able to just let the hem out next season, and the rest of the pant should still fit fine. I MUCH prefer the look of these pants to the typical little league knicker style, too. Now that their games are more physical (sliding and diving) I like that the skin on his legs is totally protected while wearing these. The reinforced knee is a bonus as well. And we live/play in a very HOT humid south Florida climate - these allow breathability but still stand up to abuse while not being too heavy. Bought 2 already and would purchase again.
****UPDATE**** Almost a year later and these are still in great shape. My son is
now 72 pounds and 56" tall and we just took our hem out and they fit great for a 2nd season. They release stains well too - the red clay is barely noticeable after a soak and wash. Can't beat these pants!
on June 23, 2012
Perfect fit. Comfortable. My son loves them. I used the chart, and it was perfect. The white ones even release red clay!
on July 10, 2013
Excellent! These are NICE looking pants and have held up well to a season of play. I got the medium for my 60lb/4ft 9 year old. I had to hem them because they were a bit too long but the waist with a belt fit great. The material is a nice quality and he really likes the hip padding. An excellent choice! I look forward to letting him wear them another season.
on November 7, 2014
These worked out nicely for my son. We purchased Youth Small, and they fit my skinny 7 year old son. They were a bit long - had to hem them by maybe 3-4 inches, but the waist was ok. He will almost certainly be able to wear them again next year. The only thing I'd do differently is buy ones with elastic at the bottom of the legs, so length wouldn't be an issue.
on June 22, 2015
Great baseball pants! Fit my slim to average 9 year old perfectly. Length is right on for a little slouch at the bottom - just like his favorite big leagues! I was hesitant to purchase due to complaints about the material being thin and tearing/pilling but these have held up amazingly (and my son loves to slide!). Been washed/warn several times. Would recommend and will be our go to pants in the future.
on March 5, 2016
The pants themselves are all right. True black, lightweight, and would probably be comfortable except that they run very, very large. I was going to return but with the shipping cost it's not worth it. Will hang on to these and hope my kid grows into them.I am aware that they are relaxed fit (which we wanted) but even the waist is a good size or 2 larger than expected, and they are too relaxed around the whole stomach area. Length not bad though.