Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 18, 2006
This is a lovely book that includes pictures and clear instructions. A majority of the recipes are raw. Some of the cooked recipes include soups, grains, and a few desserts. All of the recipes are well marked if they are raw or not. If you're 100% raw this may not be the book for you. However, if you're like others that combine raw uncooking with a little bit of cooked food then this may be a good fit. This is a good book for families that are combining both.
on May 3, 2006
Robyn knows just how to put together great flavors that taste amazing. My six year old son asked to go all raw foods because he loves these recipes so much. All the foods are so easy and we eat something out of this book every day. We do everything from one dish to dinner parties with this guide.

Lisbeth ( Santa Cruz, CA)
on May 5, 2006
Rawsome Recipes is a great book. I have had the pleasure of attending two of Robyn's workshops and got to see how things were made first hand. Not only are they easy to prepare, they are also incredibly delicious AND healthy. One of my favorites is her 'Raw Oatmeal Delight'. The papaya puree really adds a wonderful flavor to this perfect dish to start your morning.

And for a refreshing summer (or anytime!) drink, you can't beat her 'Cocunut Vanilla Mystic'. The flavor is exquisite and it both cools and energizes at the same time.

I would highly recommend this book AND her hands-on workshops if you get the opportunity to go. Jeri in Santa Cruz, CA.
on April 26, 2006
RawSome Recipes is an awsome book with terrific photographs, step by step instructions and delicous recipes the entire family will love. It is great for the begining rawfoodie or the committed rawfoodist! A must have! My favorite is the amazing Porridge & Papaya Pudding, a really great morning raw oatmeal I make everyday! Enjoy in good health!

Jeanette (Santa Cruz, CA)
on January 3, 2009
I have checked out over 20 of the most popular Raw cookbooks. This one is my favorite. Robyn does an excellent job at explaining how to make each recipe instead of assuming that everyone has the inside knowledge on how to cook or uncook raw. Her recipes are diverse, delicious, straight forward and original. There are only a handfull that use a dehydrator or special raw food kitchen equipment.
The book is broken down into the following sections:

Rawsome Information-Covering topics anywhere from transitioning to Whole Foods, Supplements, Cancer & Diabetes Concerns, to Weight Loss....

Rawesome Recipes-Breakfast, Beverages, Lunch entrees, Kids & Adults Lunch Box Ideas, Salads, Dressings, Soups, Stews, Dinner Entrees, Hors d'Oeuvres, Condiments, Snacks, and Treats(Deserts)

Rawesome Resources-Meal Planning, Raw Menus, Kids Healthy Eating, Holiday Menu, Tips on Traveling, Essential Oils for Home & Travel. She also gives get places to buy healthy and cheap organic almonds and whole food Suppliments(like spirulina, spices, flax etc.)

I really feel like she cares about the health of people. She seems quite genuine and shares her past challenges and history that brought her to eating mostly raw. There are serveral cooked recipes in this book, but there are tons of Raw. In a quick count I got 136 Raw recipes-give or take one or two.

If you are new or experienced in eating raw, this book would be great for you. My son and I eat about 50% raw and this book has been a godsend for food that actually tastes good. Good luck on your search for a raw cookbook. Hope this helped a little.
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 25, 2006
Whether I am entertaining or simply cooking for the kids, I want to serve food that looks great, tastes awesome, and is healthy and wholesome for my guests and family. Robin has made it simple for us to create truly healthy, beautiful and appealing meals for even the most discriminating palates.
Veggies don't get any better than this. Robyn knows how to bring out the very best in natural food. Her recipes help you make some of the most incredible and memorable dishes you've ever had. Guest will rave AND everyone will love the healthy benefits. Get this book today and treat yourself to the taste of fresh.

-Brad Bloom, Publisher, Faith & Fitness Magazine
on April 27, 2006
I love this book! The information on nutrition is invaluable. The recipes are unique and delicious and easy to prepare. This is an ideal way to eat and there are not many other resources out there as good as this one.
on August 9, 2006
I was hoping to get a bunch of good raw recipes. The title says "raw with some cooked." It should say cooked with some raw. If you are looking for raw recipes, this isn't the book.
on February 13, 2011
My Mom gave me this book for Christmas. I was not vegetarian, vegan, or raw, however I was really health and nutrition conscious (or so I thought). I thought I was a healthier eater before, but this book truly changed my view of food. What I love about the book, is that before the recipes, Robyn explains a lot about health. Like myself, she's lost loved ones to cancer, and was inspired to learn why cancer is so prevalent today. I felt that I could trust the research Robyn has done. She has no alterior motives and is not trying to push or sell something to her readers. She's simply trying to help other live purely and be as healthy as possible. Her recipes are like nothing I've done before. They make me feel amazing and aren't hard to do at all. I was not a cook before this book, but do spend more time preparing food now. Everything in this book is so fun to make. Who knew how much you could do with simple foods (veggies and spices). It's truly amazing. I don't even buy sauces anymore. I wasn't trying to cure myself of anything when trying this book, however eating this way has rid me of cravings for things I don't need, but used to want (for me it was sweets). Going to the grocery store is a whole new experience for me now. The grocery store is a whole new experience for me (and I used to be a personal trainer)! Really, there's so much to learn from this book. I highly highly recommend it.