5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delicious recipes -- with gorgeous photos!
I wasn't familiar with the This Rawsome Vegan Life blog before I pre-ordered this book back in the fall, but love raw recipes, and ordered it on a whim. I am so happy I did! If you like cookbooks with lots of color photographs and amazing recipes, you will love this!

The book is divided into the following main sections:

* Introduction
*...
Published 8 months ago by Leanne

3.0 out of 5 stars nice
I like it...except for all the hi carb dates...
Published 2 months ago by Dianne Yankin

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delicious recipes -- with gorgeous photos!, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Rawsome Vegan Baking: An Un-cookbook for Raw, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Beautiful and Sinfully Sweet Cookies, Cakes, Bars & Cupcakes (Paperback)

The book is divided into the following main sections:

* Introduction
* Cakes and Cupcakes
* Bites, Bars, and Cookies
* Pies and Tarts
* Pudding and Ice Cream
* Basic Recipes

Emily von Euw, the author, listed a complete list of the recipes on her blog, so I'll post that list at the end of my review since it's rather long. I own a small collection of raw cookbooks already, but, as you'll see once you look over the recipe list, I think that this one has some really unique flavor combinations that made me so glad that I took a chance on it!

Since I just got the book today, I have only made one recipe myself -- the Chia Vanilla Pudding -- but I've also had the chance to taste the Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting and the Jungle Pie (which features bananas and coconut with a chocolate drizzle on top) since one of my good friends got her book yesterday on her Nook and made them last night. Lucky me -- for she brought me a slice of each today at work! All three recipes have been absolutely delicious!

The Introduction is just a quick two-page set-up about the author and the book, and from there you jump right into the recipes. All of them are gluten-free and vegan, so they're also free from dairy and eggs.

Each recipe has a short "blurb" about it, and then the step-by-step instructions are clearly laid out. There is no nutritional information given, but that personally isn't a deterrent for me when I'm ordering a dessert cookbook. :-)

What I also love are the gorgeous, full-color photos that accompany each recipe. I personally love cookbooks that include photos since they inspire me to want to make the recipes -- and these are so good that I think I gained five pounds just from looking at them! ;-)

Like other raw recipes, these recipes also require easy-to-find ingredients, like raw nuts, oats, dates, seeds, coconut oil, fresh fruit, etc. You'll also want to have a good food processor on hand to make the recipes. Also unique is that even though a few recipes call for nuts, van Euw -- unlike other raw food cooks -- has specifically moved away from them exclusively as the foundation of her recipes, and uses oats and buckwheat groats in their stead. I really like this it will cut down on the fat content and make me feel less guilty about indulging.

I also want to mention that the special binding on this is fantastic; when you open it up, the pages lay flat and don't close on themselves, which makes it such a pleasure to work from.

Some other really good raw dessert cookbooks that I like because of their simple and yet tasty recipes are Ani's Raw Food Desserts: 85 Easy, Delectable Sweets and Treats, Practically Raw Desserts: Flexible Recipes for All-Natural Sweets and Treats, and Pure Pleasures Cupcake Heaven: Raw Food Sweets That Make Your Heart Skip a Beat. When I eat treats from these books, I feel like I'm indulging in foods that not only taste good, but are good for me since they're plant-based.

This is a great book, and one that I know I'll use a lot!

Finally, I'll end with a complete list of all the recipes, as copied from the This Rawsome Vegan Life blog.

Cakes & Cupcakes
· Cashew coffee vanilla crème cake with cinnamon chocolate crust
· Super sexy cacao cashew cupcakes
· Buckwheat & berry cream cake
· Neapolitan mousse cake
· Rawified Reeses cake
· Black forest cake
· Vanilla chocolate chunk cheesecake with peanut butter & coconut
· Strawberry banana cream cake with mint
· Nut-free creamy coconut cheesecake
· Chocolate cheesecake with chocolate chili drizzle
· Mini beet mousse cakes with sweet cashew cream & spiced nuts
· Rainbow cake with fruit layers & coconut cream frosting
· S'mores cupcakes
· Chocolate molten lava cakes with goji berries
· Pink cherry ice cream cake
· Vanilla herb cheesecake with walnut crust, rosemary, orange mint & fresh fruit
· Blueberry strawberry banana ice cream cake
· Triple threat chocolate cake with carob buckwheat pecan cake, avocado cacao ganache & ginger chocolate sauce
· Blueberry fields forever cake with blueberry coconut & chocolate avocado layers
· Berry cream cakes with chia pudding
· Deep dish chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake
· Triple layer ice cream cake with cashew peppermint, banana strawberry & coconut vanilla layers
· Carrot cake with cashew cream cheese frosting
· Double decadence chocolate silk cake with hazelnut crust
· Peppermint chocolate molten lava cakes
· Ginger lime berry ice cream swirl cheesecake

Bites, Bars & Cookies
· Caramel mocha bars
· Cranberry bliss bars
· Creamy peanut & oat squares with raw chocolate and blueberry topping
· Ultimate shortbread bars with layers of salted caramel & spiced chocolate
· Orange carob bars & almond chocolate bars
· Loco coco bars
· Super food brownies with chili cinnamon fudge frosting
· Chocolate energy bites with pumpkin seeds, raisins & matcha
· Almond joy candy bars with crunchy coconut center enrobed in raw chocolate
· Piña colada bites with pineapple, coconut & pine nuts
· Fruit crumble with banana ice cream
· Crazy for coconut bars
· Superior fudge
· Maca cacao truffles
· Spiced orange chocolate layered with fresh kiwi, orange & dried figs
· Chocolate banana crêpes with coconut cream & berries
· Chocolate nut butter cups, three ways
· Avocado towers with dark chocolate mousse & salted pistachios
· Go-Nuts Donuts with strawberry, chocolate and coconut frostings and dried papaya, golden raisin, goji berry, coconut and cacao nib sprinkles
· Chocolate lava cakes with mint filling
· Avocado mint cream bars with chocolate, two ways
· Endless energy bars with nuts, seeds, figs, raisins & sweet coconut drizzle
· Totally tahini cups with coffee cream filling
· Fudge bites
· Hippie halva
· Pecan sesame truffles with camu camu, orange & vanilla
· Almond butter and jelly sandwiches with apple bread
· Maca miracle pyramids with chocolate goji berry filling
· Raw chocolate cookies sandwiching vanilla cashew cream
· Peppermint cream sandwich cookies covered in chocolate
· Peanut butter cookies
· Carob comfort cookies
· Rawdical raisin cacao cookies with oats

Pies & Tarts
· Jungle pie with chocolate crust, bananas slices & chunky coconut topping
· Jewel fruit tart with caramel almond filling
· Maple pecan pie
· Naked fruit tarts (nut-free, coconut-free, fat-free)
· Lemon dream pie with pecans & coconut vanilla whipped cream
· Rhubarb almond crumble with maple oregano glaze
· Cinnamon apple pie with date caramel
· Peaceful peach cobbler
· Chocolate banana cream pie
· Almond ginger rosemary tart with coconut, chia & almond caramel
· Fresh berry tarts with whipped vanilla coconut cream
· Banana tart with chocolate cream, jungle peanut butter & candied ginger slices
· Chia caramel pecan pie with cinnamon chocolate sauce
· Fresh citrus tart with coconut lemon cream & lemon zest
· Oversized oreo tart with vanilla coconut cream & chocolate ganache
· Harvest pumpkin pie
· Into the wild caramel tarts with pistachios, pumpkin seeds & chocolate trees
· Banana ice cream tarts with salted nutmeg caramel
· Strawberries `n' cream tartlets
· Boston banana cream deep dish tarts

Pudding & Ice Cream
· Amazing avocado chocolate pudding
· Cacao carob vanilla towers with macadamias & chocolate walnut garnish
· Breakfast parfaits with layers of fruit & chia seeds
· Chia vanilla pudding with cinnamon & raisins
· Crème brulee of cashews, banana slices & lavender with cinnamon coconut topping
· Coffee crème mousse with chocolate pecan crust
· Rawky road ice cream with marshmallow & chocolate chunks
· The real banana split
· Ice cream sandwiches with rosemary almond cookies & berry medley ice cream
· Banana ice cream / the best thing ever
· Chocolate & vanilla ice cream sandwiches
· Peppermint avocado ice cream with chocolate chunks
· Strawberry cheesecake popsicles with coconut flakes
· Vanilla ginger ice cream popsicles with chocolate coating
· Deconstructed creamsicles with orange and vanilla layers
· Heavenly banana almond cinnamon shake
· The ultimate chocolate shake with coconut whipped cream & cacao sprinkles
· Sorbet with strawberries, agave & mint

Basic recipes
· Raw chocolate
· Coconut cream
· Hot cacao

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't think I'll ever make a traditional box dessert again., March 8, 2014
DMA (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
Don't be put off by the title. Even if you're not raw or vegan, these desserts will be the best you've ever tasted.

I couldn't wait for this book to come out. This cookbook is amazing and I'm not even vegan or raw. My husband flips through the pages at night on his eReader and says, "What are we going to make this weekend?!" and "Can we make this one?? OH! Nevermind. Can we make THIS one?!"

These days we have to make double batches of everything and we limit ourselves to one piece of dessert a night (each). In the evenings on the way home from work, we often say, "Oh! We've got dessert in the fridge!" And we sometimes are known to eat dessert while making dinner.

I ordered the ebook because I was dying to have it, but will now go back and order the paper copy just for ease of use. I own many cookbooks, but this one gets 10 times the use of any other.

I was introduced to Emily's blog through a raw-food friend and after a few months of browsing her posts, I decided to try one of the recipes. From the first bite I was HOOKED.

Why I love her recipes:
1. I love that they are healthy. I had blood sugar issues and rarely have sweets. If I do, my blood sugar and weight jumps easily. However, eliminating sweets entirely has been hard. Having said that, the sugars in these desserts don't seem to be a problem for me. My blood sugar will spike after I eat, but not as high and quickly will come back down. And the desserts taste just as sweet as a traditional dessert (sometimes sweeter). How is this possible?! Because they are natural sugars maybe?? There's no processed food in the recipes. No dairy. So nice!
2. There's no baking! I LOVE this. I can make 3 recipes in the time it would take me to make one traditional dessert. No matter what dessert I try, it takes me 20 minutes.
3. I find it easy to substitute things. If I'm low on maple syrup, easy. I use can use sugar or honey (not vegan, I know) or coconut nectar. The desserts taste the same and all have the same basic components.
3. There's no cleaning pans because there's no baking. Cleaning up usually involves only my food processor (which can be put in the dishwasher) and putting back ingredients. NICE!! Now, if you've ever baked, you know cleaning up alone can take 20-30 minutes. And it's usually when I'm cleaning pans that I think, "Wow this is a ton of work!"
4. I love that she uses a lot of the same core ingredients. Coconut milk, dates, nuts, cacoa, coconut oil. I stock those in large supply - they all have a long shelf life - and you will find you have almost all the ingredients you need for most of the recipes.
5. The desserts are SOOO good. I haven't found one that I haven't loved. My husband and I will often say, "Wow, if this was served at a restaurant, it would be our favorite restaurant EVER!" I have honestly never had food that tastes this good. I think it's due to the richness of the whole foods used in each dessert. Making a crust out of cashews, maple syrup and cacoa. Look out. I can't believe how good it tastes. I was shocked at the flavors. But in the beginning I was skeptical. Ground up pecans for a crust taste NOTHING like whole pecans (I don't really care for whole pecans).

The recipes are so shockingly good, I had to make a dessert just to bring to work for our office of 60 people. They were shocked when I told them what was in the dessert and how good it tasted. It was gone in an hour with weekly requests for more.

My absolute favorite recipe is the very first one - Cashew Coffee Vanilla Creme with Cinnamon Chocolate Crust. If you're short on time, leave off the coffee glaze and it is still to die for! I have this recipe down pat. I can make it in 10 minutes. I will often make triple batches of the crust and freeze it for future use (many recipes require a crust so I will experiment with swapping out recipes crusts just for fun and convenience). This is the dessert I brought to work. Honestly, it is the best dessert I ever made in my life (and I am always making desserts for parties, neighbors and the office). It puts a boxed brownie mix to shame.

I don't think I'll ever make a traditional box dessert again. Why would you?!

Excellent job, Emily! I am a huge fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!! These are beautiful, so creative and delicious! Who knew un-cooking could be this good!, March 22, 2014
We already try and lead as healthful a life as possible, I am vegetarian , try and eat as much of a raw diet as possible and of course, encourage our kids to do the same!

However, I do admit to a significant sweet tooth with chocolate being one of my all time favorite things, so when I saw this book, I was intrigued enough to read more...and look up Emily's Blog which was amazing! This was all I needed to go ahead and make the purchase, I am so happy I did!

First ; Emily is amazing to have such creativity to develop desserts that are tasty, beautiful and use just raw and mostly healthy ingredients! This book is honestly worth it for the beautiful pictures alone! But also of significant importance is the fact that these desserts are an attainable make for even the most beginner of cooks - and this comes across in a number of ways:

1. The ingredients are not wild, wacky, only from a specialized health store - they are everyday things you can find at most grocery stores.

2. You do not need an arsenal of kitchen appliances to come up with these goodies. A food processor is a must have but most kitchens have these. However I have many raw food books that call for all kinds of gizmos and gadgets., and though my kitchen is well stocked, I do not want to go out and purchase a bunch of random items in order to make a recipe, in fact my food dehydrator was used once and later sold on eBay!!

3. Fruit and veggies are part of these desserts....yes, moms, if you have kids that refuse point blank to eat things such as an avocado...try this book where an avocado becomes chocolate mousse for just one example!

4. Sweet stuff for breakfast...for those who have the ultimate sweet tooth you can start your day off in a sweet way and still be healthy - for example the breakfast parfaits with layers of fruit and chia!! I can tell you that chia, in addition to being so good for you, is really a great energy started prior to a workout and my workouts have becomes better and harder, with chia pudding to begin my day!

5. Snacks - there are a variety of super easy snacks to make that require little to no time, yet are portable such as the coconut bars!

6. Candy...are you a Reese's cup fan or as in my case, an almond joy fan....no need to give them up, as their raw counterparts are right here in this book!

7. Freedom - there are options here to suit your taste. Rather than tell you which sweetening agent to use, as there is debate in this area, she leaves it up to you based on taste and trial which is an excellent idea. She also allows you to pick topping, favorite nut butters etc which make the items personal to you and your taste buds!

8. Simplicity - the recipes, the verbiage, the process is simple, easy and unpretentious!

There are 5 simple sections - cakes and cupcakes, Bites, Bars and Cookies, Pies and Tarts, Puddings and Ice Cream, and Basic Recpies. Something for everyone whether you want a snack on the go, an elegant dessert for a dinner party or something for the kids lunchbox!

It also starts and ends very simply, the book is rather sweetly dedicated to the readers and the back has some simple resources regarding ingredients - your basics you will need are: Nuts and Seeds, Oats and Buckwheat Groats, Dried Fruits (especially dates). Liquid Sweeteners., Coconut Oil and Cacao/Carob. Then Equipment and substitutions.

I love it and I think this will be a winner for anyone not just those looking to lead a raw lifestyle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, March 31, 2014
I received my cookbook last week and have made three recipes: Avacado Pudding, Rawsome cookies and Chia pudding. Let me just say that all were AMAZING! Seriously, if you are considering this book...stop considering...and just purchase it. I've been looking for a recipe book of raw vegan desserts that I can share with family members who are not vegan. This is it! I can't wait to try more recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy desserts!, April 14, 2014
I have tried several recipes & so far they've all been delicious. I don't tell my friends they're eating vegan until they've had a bite & given me an opinion. Everyone is shocked it tastes so good & is vegan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and easy raw dessert recipes, March 4, 2014
I've been a fan of Emily's blog for quite some time now, and was excited to hear she was coming out with her own cookbook! Having written a raw desserts book of my own (Practically Raw Desserts), I know a few things about raw "baking," and I am happy to say Rawsome Vegan Baking delivers exactly the things I look for in raw desserts: simple recipes with extraordinary results, composed of healthful, whole-food ingredients (nuts, seeds, coconut, fresh and dried fruits, good-quality sweeteners, and of course cacao!). The book begins with a very brief intro, and then Emily rolls into the luscious recipes. Who wouldn't love a Smores Cupcake, or Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes with Goji Berries? The Cashew Coffee Vanilla Creme Cake, Oversized Oreo Tart, and Peanut Butter Cookies call my name, too. The full-color photos with each recipe are also a treat. Emily's raw vegan recipes err on the side of decadent, but are all gluten-, soy-, and guilt-free. Indulge at will!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Simple, Wholesome, Delicious, March 28, 2014
The photos are beautiful. I don't normally eat dessert very often but the recipes are so simple and wholesome that I have already made two of the recipes and loved every bite. Unlike most raw cookbooks you won't need a bunch of special equipment or hard to find ingredients. Easy to make. Delicious to eat. What more is there to say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Cookbook!, March 6, 2014
I've had this cookbook for two days now and am very impressed so far. I just made the peanut butter cookies and they taste amazing! What I love about this book is that the recipes all look totally decadent but appear to be very simple to make. I'm really looking forward to trying out more recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kids Love It-and I Feel Great, July 22, 2014
I could not believe how delicious these recipes were (we've only made two) but really, my children are discussing which cakes they want for their birthday after making two of these cakes to celebrate one son's birthday. Another reviewer mentioned this, but I will say that eating dessert with flour and sugar gives me really foggy head, however these cakes made me feel happy and energetic. We will definitely be getting more desserts from here as a healthy alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 12, 2014
Everything I've tried so far has turned out amazing. I've had to tweak a few recipes, but overall very good.