on February 7, 2014
These sunglasses, sold and shipped by AMAZON themselves, are NOT fake Ray Bans (although admittedly, I am speaking only for the tortoise with polarized green/blue lense, I cannot speak for the other colors listed here).

First off, the person claiming that these only had 3 hinges and not 7, insisting they are fake, is entirely wrong. Ray Ban NEW Wayfarers (NOT originals) are supposed to have 3 hinges...it is common knowledge. The originals have a 7 hinge.

Secondly, here are some trademarks that proved my pair were legitimate.

1. The case. My case had the Ray Ban logo on the top of the button, as well as an authentic stamp of Luxottica on the left hand side.

2. The metal Ray Ban logo on the arm of the glasses is almost flush with the arm, NOT extending out.

3. The RB logo is lasered/etched onto the left lens of the glasses. It clearly is not printed, which would signify a fake.

4. All proper labeling for the model number etc. is on the glasses, clear as can be.

5. They are surely polarized. LCD screens are distorted when looking at them from certain angles.

There are more ways to tell, but this is self-explanatory guys- for at least the Tortoise pair, they are NOT FAKE.

Now, onto the product.

This is a very strong fashion symbol. Ray Ban wayfarers are an iconic display of style that will not likely go OUT of style for awhile. Unlike Oakley O-Matter plastic, this Ray Ban plastic is brittle and not malleable. Be sure not to sit on the glasses (of course).

The lenses are excellent. I find they bring out greens very well, and this helps me as a golfer (although I didn't buy them specifically for golf).

Overall, here are the pros/cons.

+Great lenses
+Timeless style
+Good weight to them
+They are REAL
+Good price

-Brittle plastic, somewhat delicate in comparison to other materials
-Sizing ambiguity (I recommend going with 55mm for a male, as a general rule of thumb. Better yet, try them out in a local store to see sizing, then buy them here)

This is a great price for a product like this, and there is hardly any risk of getting a fake. Seriously people, at least know what you're talking about before you falsely slander a real deal product.

Recommended for sure.
on August 22, 2011
I ordered a pair last week and they arrived promptly in the case seen in the picture provided. This is a legitimate, authentic pair for anyone wondering. (I will post pictures later today of what I got in the mail from Amazon.com).

The plus side, also, is that it is fulfilled by Amazon, so it qualifies for free 2-day shipping! Also, search online anywhere and you will most likely not find a better price for this item! If the price is what's making you feel like there is something fishy about it, think again. This is the REAL product. I originally ordered from opticsplanet.com but they were out of this specific frame (Blue Rubber), and that worked in my favor because I ended up saving over $20 by ordering it from here. I LOVE AMAZON and my new glasses!
on July 16, 2011
Sent off to Sunglass Express for the Ray-Ban Camo Green Wayfarers and surprise, they arrived WAY before expected. Opened up the well packed box to find the correct Ray-Ban/Luxottica box and label. The black leather case had the Ray-Ban seal in gold on the side and imprinted in the button. So far, so good.
Removed the glasses to find all the proper markings. The etched RB in the lens, the steel rod inside the stems and all the proper lettering(i.e.-Made in Italy)printed on the inside of them. Still not convinced, I took them to a local Sunglass Hut to compare to theirs and held them side by side. EXACTLY THE SAME!
My conclusion is that these are the real deal and for a great price to boot. I don't know how these are being offered for such a discount but I'll definately buy another pair through Amazon. These are not knock-offs!!!
on August 28, 2012
It was everything that I expected at a great price ! I would recommend this company to anyone ! Everything came in its original packaging and all of the items i.e. microfiber cloth and carrying case along with the official ray ban seal.
on November 27, 2014
Love these sunglasses, they rarely leave my face.

I read a million reviews and watched youtube videos before ordering because I was concerned about authenticity. These are legit. They're cheaper because they're not polarized, but the style is really excellent. I love the matt black with the clear plastic sides. Really great sunglasses.
review image
on May 22, 2013
Order processing and shipment was as expected. The product arrived in the time frame promised and in its original Ray Ban case. I recommend this retailer.

As for product quality, Ray Ban quality in my view has degraded from the days of Bausch & Lomb. The new Italian owner, Luxottica has cheapened the brand by using cheaper material while keep raising the price. Having said that, the Ray Ban brand still carries a cachet which appeals to Ray ban fans like me.

This new Wayfarer does not have the same quality in workmanship and material as the original. However the frame is rubberized which is flexible and good for outdoor activities. I purchased it for my wife who happened to like the colour and the rubber aspect of the frame.

The price on this site, $86.70 was reasonable. Otherwise, the same product at $135/$138 at Sunglass Hut, Ray Ban' own website as well as other e-tailers in my view is overpriced and not worth the quality of this product.
on July 11, 2014
Comfortable and stylish. Arrived with the G15 lenses which are green, these Wayfarers work well in bright sunlight. The sea foam green is an interesting color which has drawn compliments too! A good purchase.
on June 18, 2014
The sunglasses arrived as expected. The new smaller Wayfarer fits well and MADE IN ITALY! Unfortunately I had to return them as the color shown on the site was quite a bit different then the actual glasses. This is NOT the seller's fault, the color just appeared different on my monitor then the real thing. I will order another pair.
on January 19, 2015
Great sunglasses at a great price.
I was concerned that they might not be polarized at this price but was not disappointed. These are authentic and exactly as described.
on February 26, 2015
They say Wayfarer in the name, but don't expect that classic Wayfarer fit.

Compared to the classic model Wayfarer (RB2140), this new model is a lot more upright. The old model leaned forward up top which made it rest on a lot of people's cheeks where this one rides more on the bridge of the nose (but closer to your eyelashes).

The fit and finish is great. The hinges on the arms are well-made but the plastic creaks a lot for a long time while they are getting worn in. When I say long time, I mean months and I wear mine daily almost. The overall feel is that of Ray Ban quality (that is to say excellent) while providing effortless style.

Definitely worth adding to your collection.