Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on August 27, 2013
Think of an animal with wings, now think of that animal soaring gracefully through the air with no cares at all in its mind. Chances are you chose some wimpy little bird. That bird just got eaten by a peregrine falcon and now that bad boy is just coasting away into the night sky all cool and full. That's how fly these glasses are.

Times thirty-seven.
33 comments70 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2013
The RayBan RB4175 are a unique combination of the Wayfarer and the Clubmaster. I've worn the Wayfarer's as prescription eyeglasses (not sunglasses) for years now, and am now wearing Ray Bans for life. Ray Ban manufactures very durable, sturdy, classicly styled frames.

The Wayfarers are becoming a little "overdone" these days, and every company makes a knockoff version. I wanted something a little more unique. I was digging on the Clubmaster style, but I felt they were a tiny bit TOO retro for me, OR that I'd feel they were out of style again in another year. Enter the RB4175.

These shades offer the Wayfarer arms and upper frame with "rimless" lens styling of the Clubmaster. The upper frame and arms are a nice matte black (not sure why the name says shiny black frame) while the rimless lens, nose pads and Ray-Ban logo are done in a nice, classy gold.

They are slightly less "cat eye" looking and less retro than the clubmaster, thanks to the continuous Wayfarere style "bridge" all the way across the brow.

Just be aware they're SLIGHTLY "oversized" (larger than Wayfarers). This suits my face shape well, but might not be for everyone.

If you're looking for a well constructed frame that is unique, you like the Wayfarers and Clubmasters, and don't mind a little "larger" frame, then these are the shades for you.
0Comment33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2015
They are the real glasses. I absolutely love them!!
review image review image review image
11 comment17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2014
Let me start off by clearing some confusion: If you buy these sunglasses from the Amazon Warehouse, not some third party merchant on here, YOU WILL RECEIVE GENUINE RAY-BAN SUNGLASSES. I don't understand why some users doubted authenticity, I would not believe that Amazon itself would sell knock-offs.

Moving forward, these glasses truly are unique. Wayfarers are a dime a dozen, everybody and their mom has a pair of wayfarers from Ray-Ban or knockoffs. Clubmasters only fit certain faces, this does not include.

These sunglasses are the perfect mixture of both. You get the size of the Wayfarer with the styling of a Clubmaster. 57mm did seem quite large to me, that's around the size of most Ray-Ban Aviators. However, I have a medium to large face that is fairly wide (see my pics for a face pic). I feel like a lot of people can get away with wearing sunglasses of this size, it should bode well with many.

This is my second pair of Ray-Ban's and I can honestly vouch for the quality. Ray-Ban's are always constructed well and this pair is no exception. The RB4175 is a great option for those looking to stray away from the traditional Wayfarer styling and like the Clubmaster aesthetic.
11 comment24 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2013
I was very excited to find these glasses on amazon for such a steal. They came and were defective. I was so disappointed. The gold rim around the lens was peaking out from the upper frame on the left hand side. They also sounded creaky when you moved the arms. I have tried on the ones in the store and the weight and quality feel different. Maybe it's just me but I think you get what you pay for.
on August 8, 2012
I can't say enough good things about these shades. I thought they would be too big judging from the pictures, but I am glad I took the gamble. I got the Demi Shiny Black with Gold frame and the look is just nostalgic. Just to be clear the color name is somewhat misleading. The frames don't have a shine to them. They look just as they do in the photos, but I would call it a matte finish.
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2014
I have to question the authenticity of these sunglasses. I have worn many pairs of Ray-Ban sunglasses and these do not have the right feel to them. The first pair I got were defective. The gold rim around the lens was peaking out from the upper frame on the left hand side. I looked at other reviews after I returned them and someone else had the same exact issue. Then the next pair I got also felt weird and the hinges were tight. They look nice, but I really think they are fake.
on September 7, 2012
Love this product!!! I can't say how worried I was that these could be fake as some on amazon are, but they are 100% the real deal! I originally thought they might be enormous but they turned out just fine. Made in Italy, the quality is superb! However, my only negative comment here has to be about the packaging. Really amazon? While the box was secured well and had bubble wrap for cushioning, it was just plain too small. The rayban box ended up being crushed by the shipping box and came out slightly compressed and not in good condition. The contents however unharmed but it could have turned out differently. Otherwise, great product and nice discount!
0Comment18 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2015
Nice sunglasses,but there are some defect on the lens, already contact amazon to solve this. I don't think it is a fake one, instead I googled that all the signs show that the sunglesses I bought is an authentic one. Ray ban 4175 love it
review image
on April 7, 2014
I got tired wearing cheapie sunglasses as I notice I dont wear them and the images i see seem distorted compared to name-brand designer sunglasses. That saying, this is my first such sunglasses.

STYLE: awesome! As one reviewer said, it combines the wayfarer style with the clubmaster. I love the wayfarer as I am a child of the 80's but it has become too mainstream to my liking. I tried the Rayban clubmaster and liked it but wanted something with more 'wow' factor. So I got this bad boy....it is wow. I also think it has that oversized cat-eye look to it too which i find classy and elegant.

SIZE: I really think almost anyone can wear this unless one has smaller head than average (say, a teen). I am female and dont consider myself to have a big head/face. I am petite 5'3 and 122lbs so my face isnt very round. Yet this specs fit me just fine. I do have Asian nose though without a very prominent bridge so sometimes the sunglasses kind of slides downward to my nasal bone. I will post a pic when I get a chance. I myself tried to adjust the nasal bridge part of the sunglasses to conform to my nose which helped a bit (maybe get a pro to do it cause i am afraid i might loosen it)

QUALITY: I honestly havent test ran this sunglasses yet. Will update soon with more detail if needed. But from initial trying out and looking at myself on mirror, the images i see are very clear outdoors. I can see pink where pink is, red where red is, etc....not yellowish-pink or greyish red. The body of the sunglasses (black parts) esp at the bar- temples are made of a light weight but seemingly good quality plastic-like material. At first I was disappointed as I feel plastic for a $100 specs is unwarranted as the regular clubmasters sported metal, but I do understand why rayban did this. If this part was metal, this sunglasses would be heavy. the lens is already of significant size and weight. Considering Luxotica pretty much is a monopoly on all sunglasses from rayban to louis vuitton, I believe in their quality and feel my eyes are in safe hands.

SUNGLASSES EXPRESS: This is where i ordered my pair. I have been pleased with their competitive price (one of the lowest here on amazon). I even got a free cleaning set. Sunglasses also came with rayban brochure, case and lens wipe cloth. Glasses looked new, no scratches, etc. My oversized clubmasters was made in italy. If i get a chance, will post detailed pics of my specs so you can check authenticity.

OVERALL: very pleased with my purchase. I cant wait to really wear it in public. Quality-check. Size-for all. Style is unique and timeless. If you are one of those who want something different, yet retro and classy, this is your baby.