5.0 out of 5 stars Are you wondering if they might be fake? Read this:
Published 8 months ago by Bb33606

1.0 out of 5 stars FRAUD ALERT!!! These are KNOCK-OFFS!
Purchased, and compared directly with the real thing purchased at Macy's. The seller was Lunettes4me. DO NOT believe them. The seller also disputed my review of them as selling knock-off items advertised as genuine. They insist these are genuine. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does...
Published 8 months ago by dwdw3

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you wondering if they might be fake? Read this:, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best real deal, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I first bought this one on ebay from "smart liquidation" $102, they came in and I knew that they were fake, because i have the real one from sunglass hut. only 4 out of 700 people knew about it being fake and gave him bad feedback, so i had pay $5 to ship it back. that person is making a lot money selling fake ray bans which is illegal. That being said, this amazon seller's sunglasses are 100% authentic when i compared it to the one i have already. and the price is about the same as ebay. I also live in florida and it came in 5 days. even though it said 18 days at least. Best Deal ever since I paid $150 plus tax so $160. Go to sunglass hut try on sunglasses. amazon will have lower prices.

1.0 out of 5 stars FRAUD ALERT!!! These are KNOCK-OFFS!, March 19, 2014
dwdw3 (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does apparently make different colored carrying cases, the knock-offs came with a brown case of lesser quality than the genuine ones. Genuine case was black for this model purchased at Macy's.
- Flocking (soft fuzzy stuff) inside carrying case was deposited all over the sunglasses and came off on your hands
- Documentation lettering is fuzzy due to being photo copied.
- No address for Luxottica Group on the included documentation. It's there on genuine product.
- Feel of the arms moving when opening/closing were not smooth like on a genuine pair.
- Slight defect on one of the plastic pieces that go over the ear. Quality Control from Ray Ban would have caught this.
- Screen printing color and size was different (lighter red-tone, larger, and not as sharp) on the cleaning cloth
- If you have a real pair to compare with, and a magnifying glass, the RB etching on the lens was not the same as a real pair. Very close, but not the same.

I fault Amazon for letting this fraud continue. I pointed it out to Amazon, and the response was of course to ensure I received a full refund; however, there was absolutely NO interest on Amazon's part in dealing with the seller regarding the fact they are passing off knock-offs to unsuspecting customers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Has me wondering......, March 23, 2014
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I would be very ....very leary of purchasing these for this price (even the discounted price!), when they are listed as non-polarized. As an optician....I don't recall ever seeing so many different color lenses for Ray Bans. I'm not saying they don't exist....I'm just saying in the 15+ years I worked (yes, past tense!)as an optician, I never sold a pair of Ray Bans that didn't have a "standard" colored pair of lenses. Buyer beware!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The original iconic sunglasses, still the best, October 23, 2013
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses (Eyewear)
This is my third pair of Aviators, which are tied for first place with Wayfarers as my favorite sunglasses of all time. The fit of the Aviators is perfect and everyone looks good in them. They have more lens area than Wayfarers, which makes them the perfect driving lenses. You see more of the world and less of the frame with Aviators. Fit, finish, quality are all superb. G-15 glass lenses are of optical quality. Frame is extremely well made. Glasses feel very light while wearing. The difference in cool factor between these and Wayfarers - Aviators are "military pilot" cool. Wayfarers are "musician" cool. Both looks work for the vast majority of people. One warning: treat your Aviators with respect and always put them in their case when not wearing them. The reason these are my third pair is that I did not treat my last two pairs with respect and sat on both of them by accident, which they will not recover from. The Wayfarers are a lot tougher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!!!!!, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses (Eyewear)
Had to adjust the nose pad"s a litlle bit but after that perfect fit ....Big difference compared to my old 10 dollar glasses.....Came with a nice case and cleaning cloth...

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses (Eyewear)
Great packaging, beautiful specs & arrived prior to estimated delivery by 4 days! Only thing I was disappointed with were in the pic, the plastic on the ear wrap looked like an ivory white, it's more of a light brown color, but pretty minor detail. These are the real deal for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars The real thing and well made, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses (Eyewear)
As many fakes as there are out there these seem to be the real thing. Excellent quality, sturdy and everything you expect from Ray-Ban. Engraving on lens and the case quality both support this being the real thing. They look great and the vision quality confirms their looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!! Ray Ban Aviator Brown Gold, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses (Eyewear)
excellent. I arrived early. everything very fast. what I expected. very grateful. more than 5 stars for you. Thank u so much

5.0 out of 5 stars great Sunglasses, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I gotta say its a great pair of sunglasses. everything was perfect and so fast. I'm from Spain so I thought It took long time, about a month but not, just 8 days since I bought it.

Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses