on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 4, 2014
Do not buy these sunglasses! They are clearly fake!
review image
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 18, 2014
Title says it all. Damn good replicas, but replicas none the less. Something seemed off as I have owned these exact sunglasses before and was replacing them since they were lost. Wasn't positive though so I sent them to RayBan and they confirmed these are replicas.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is my second pair of 62mm Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses- the 1st pair did not have Polarized Lenses, which are great also. I recently bought a pair of RB2025 in Black with polarized lenses and look forward to using the glasses while driving. I like the larger 62mm lenses as I get better coverage when I need the sunglasses the most- when driving.

However, to buy these glasses took me a long time due to receiving counterfeits . The first pair I bought from an Amazon competitor auction company and received a counterfeit pair of glasses.

I will not go into details about how to determine if you have a pair of fake Ray Ban glasses or not, as you can Google that information and there are Utube videos available.

Because I received the first pair of fakes, I decided to buy from Amazon using my Prime account, but Amazon direct did not offer the glasses, so I picked a company that Amazon distributed their glasses for. I emailed that company and asked if the glasses were: From Italy and if they were 100% real Ray Ban Glasses, which the company response was yes. So I purchased the glasses and received another pair of counterfeit Ray Bans. All of the items were real except the Glasses-as if switched out by the company. Also, the pair I received was NOT 62mm and 58mm. I, of course, returned the fake wrong size glasses.

So, be careful. Find out how to determine the difference between a fake pair and a real pair of Ray Ban sunglasses.

Luxottica is the manufacturer of Ray Ban glasses. Currently Ray Ban glasses are made in Italy or China. In my opinion, I would not buy a pair of Ray Ban glasses that are made in China. Sure, the quality of the glasses will be the same, but the fact that the glasses are made in China and not Italy, simply cheapens the glasses and my guess will also effect the resale value- which should be considered.

Also, we as consumers should send a message Luxottica and NOT purchase products that were originally made in Italy now make in China for the same price. If Luxottica wants to make their glasses in China for a lesser cost, why not pass the savings on to the consumer. As, you can imagine, there profits from glasses made in China would probably triple.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 30, 2012
I first bought this one on ebay from "smart liquidation" $102, they came in and I knew that they were fake, because i have the real one from sunglass hut. only 4 out of 700 people knew about it being fake and gave him bad feedback, so i had pay $5 to ship it back. that person is making a lot money selling fake ray bans which is illegal. That being said, this amazon seller's sunglasses are 100% authentic when i compared it to the one i have already. and the price is about the same as ebay. I also live in florida and it came in 5 days. even though it said 18 days at least. Best Deal ever since I paid $150 plus tax so $160. Go to sunglass hut try on sunglasses. amazon will have lower prices.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 22, 2014
I decided to buy my bestfriend a pair for his 20th birthday since he has been bugging me since high school to borrow one of my many RayBans. I have been wearing RB's since I was 12 years and I have a pair that is over 60 years old that my dad gave me. I decided to order the black and gold frame Aviators for my buddy since I had an amazon gift card to spare.

Once I got the glasses it seemed that they were heavier then usual. I didn't mind it at first since I thought it might be a redesigned pair. Because I'm a bit of an OCD person when it comes to my shades I decided to order a pair straight from Rayban. I order the same exact pair and once the box came I could tell that even the pouch was made differently and looked more professional. Once I grabbed the glasses out of the case I could already tell the weight was different. When I put the glasses on the deal broke for me, the glasses from RayBan felt more comfortable and had that weight I was used to. Even the glass on the real pair was more clear then the amazon pair.

If you are really wanting to buy a pair I recommend to go right threw the source. I can say I'm disappointed that Amazon and it's co-sellers are running this great company and product to the ground.
on April 28, 2010
After many, many years of buying $10 "cheap sunglasses" I finally decided to see if the people who said good glasses were worth it. Unfortunately, after dropping $[...] on a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators, only a year later, they got smashed in a bad bicycle accident. The fact that I ordered a new pair a few days later is a testament to how convinced I am that good sunglasses with glass lenses are worth it.

On the first day, a pair of Aviators don't feel significantly different from the $10 knock-offs. They aren't lighter, the image isn't clearer, the eye protection isn't better, they don't look better on me. But after just a few weeks of mild use, the cheap plastic-lens glasses start to get smudges and tiny scratches, almost too tiny to see. You don't notice it at first because it progresses so slowly and gradually, but little by little, the view through them gets muddled, they get harder to clean, and you start hating them, all without even realizing. One day you get new ones and the sudden contrast is striking -- wow, these are so much better! That's your only clue for how bad the old ones really had gotten by such slow stages you never noticed.

Glass-lens, good quality sunglasses are like that first day every day. They don't develop the smudges, the scratches, the difficulty with being cleaned, the gradual degradation of quality. The day that I lost them, they were as crisp and clear, they looked as good, they fit as well, and they worked as well as the first day.

If they cost ten times as much, they ought to last ten times as long to be worth it. And assuming you don't sit on them, lose them, or get into a bike accident with them on like I did, they should do that easily. But even if they don't quite last that long, they might still be worth it. After all, ten pairs of cheap sunglasses that are smudgy and unpleasant to wear for at least half of their lives is not as nice an experience as one pair that's wonderful every day.
on March 19, 2014
Purchased, and compared directly with the real thing purchased at Macy's. The seller was Lunettes4me. DO NOT believe them. The seller also disputed my review of them as selling knock-off items advertised as genuine. They insist these are genuine. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does apparently make different colored carrying cases, the knock-offs came with a brown case of lesser quality than the genuine ones. Genuine case was black for this model purchased at Macy's.
- Flocking (soft fuzzy stuff) inside carrying case was deposited all over the sunglasses and came off on your hands
- Documentation lettering is fuzzy due to being photo copied.
- No address for Luxottica Group on the included documentation. It's there on genuine product.
- Feel of the arms moving when opening/closing were not smooth like on a genuine pair.
- Slight defect on one of the plastic pieces that go over the ear. Quality Control from Ray Ban would have caught this.
- Screen printing color and size was different (lighter red-tone, larger, and not as sharp) on the cleaning cloth
- If you have a real pair to compare with, and a magnifying glass, the RB etching on the lens was not the same as a real pair. Very close, but not the same.

I fault Amazon for letting this fraud continue. I pointed it out to Amazon, and the response was of course to ensure I received a full refund; however, there was absolutely NO interest on Amazon's part in dealing with the seller regarding the fact they are passing off knock-offs to unsuspecting customers.
on December 10, 2014
Even after reading multiple reviews of having fake ray ban on this website, I took courage and ordered to see if by any chance I will get the original... but immediately after opening the box, the glasses were too heavy just like any mobile and they didn't fit to my face... everything is duplicate and paperwork is like something which can't be trusted... Immediately opened amazon.com and clicked return items.... dont go for this... buy original one from rayban site only
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 18, 2015
I very nice When you see view it a little green color and cut a light

but out side see it a dark
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...