Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2222 comments|461 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2015
I got the all black ones and i absolutely love them. They are half the price of the ones i almost bought at sunglass hut and you can tell they are authentic by the engraved "RB." I think I am going to order another pair!!
review image review image
1212 comments|257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2010
I have a pair of new wayfarers which I love, and decided I wanted some aviators. I chose gunmetal grey, g-15 XLT, nice understated color, and not mirror lenses. But beyond being absolutely sure which color I wanted, I ended up being the Goldilocks of sunglasses.

First I got the small 52mm aviators, which ended up being WAY too small for me. I learned the hard way that the mm sizes is not specifically the distance across your face, it's the size of each lens. I have the 52mm in the new wayfarers which fit perfectly, so don't let that lead you to a size in aviators, because the size doesn't translate. So then I got the 55mm in the aviators and they were a tad snug on the side of my face. Then I ordered the 58mm. These seem to be the best choice for me and I realllly love them. They're lightweight and comfortable.

In the end, I learned the mm size will have a little to do with the distance across the face, being the lens get bigger, but it just wasn't as cut and dry as I thought. It's really best to try these on in person before ordering to know which size fits you best. Good luck!
1313 comments|495 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2015
I am so disappointed to see that the Ray Ban printed on the Glass is chipping out in just a little over one month after I bought it. See the image.
review image
55 comments|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2014
I love Ray-Ban sunglasses and have numerous pairs in my collection. I had purchased the flash green-mirrored aviators a few weeks ago from Sunglass Express which indeed were authentic (compared thoroughly with the pairs in my collection). Loved them- beautiful fit & perfect condition.

As I was incredibly happy with this pair, I decided to purchase another pair from Sunglass Express (packaged by Amazon). The pair I purchased were the 55mm Brown Gradient Aviators.

1. It did not come in 55mm, the pair shipped to me were 58mm.
2. They were 100% non-authentic.

Yes, they did have all the signature Ray-Ban markings, BUT I knew as soon as I took them out of the case that the quality did not feel right. I then proceeded to look closer at the sunglasses and although markings were in the correct place, the "RB" which is supposed to be ENGRAVED on the right side of the sunglass frame was simply sketched. The RB was flat, unlike my authentic Ray-Ban aviators, which you can feel with your nail that it is indeed engraved in the glass.

This leads me to... How can a company sell some sunglasses which are authentic & some which are not?

Please, please beware of this simple way to find out if your Ray-Bans are NOT replicas.

DO NOT purchase the Large Metal Gold Gradient Ray-Bans, you will not get what you paid for.
22 comments|169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
I dont believe these are authentic ray bans. Sticker was not attached when I received the item and the ray ban logo was not sketched in.
77 comments|194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2014
Title says it all. Damn good replicas, but replicas none the less. Something seemed off as I have owned these exact sunglasses before and was replacing them since they were lost. Wasn't positive though so I sent them to RayBan and they confirmed these are replicas.
66 comments|181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2015
Awesome
on April 2, 2015
on January 29, 2013
The cover of the sunglasses seems fake. I already own the same glasses. Even the shine of the golden frame is not as good. No authentication certificate with hologram which normally accompanies the ray ban? I am doubtful! Better try & buy from local vendor.
22 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse