Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses
|Price:||$83.28 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$66.72 (44%)|
- Made in US
- metal frame
- Crystal lens
- 100% UV protection coating
- Lens width: 57.5 mm
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
These Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses feature durable metal frames and logo lettering at the right lens. 100% UV protection. Case and cleaning cloth included.
Ray-Ban is the world's most iconic eyewear brand and is a global leader in its sector. Every model in the Ray-Ban collection is the product of meticulous, original styling that translates the best of the latest fashion trends into an ever-contemporary look for millions of Ray-Ban wearers around the world. From the early Aviator style that emerged in 1937 to the introduction of the classic Wayfarer in 1952, Ray-Ban is a brand that embodies America and adventure, great cities and wide-open spaces, heroism, individuality, and authenticity. Starting with a silver screen debut in 1961, Ray-Ban sunglasses have appeared throughout hundreds of films and have been a favorite on the Hollywood scene for years, both on and off the screen. With timeless and imaginative styles, Ray-Ban consistently blends high-tech design, lenses, and materials. The collection remains true to its classic heritage while continuously evolving to meet today's fashion demands.
- Product Dimensions: 2.4 x 6.3 x 2.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: USA
- ASIN: B00080FK2U
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: Aviator Large Metal
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 12, 2003
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I compared them with one's that I ended up buying from a sunglass shop and found differences between the two. The pictures, from right to left, are pictures I took of the "real, fake, fake(top) vs real(bottom), fake(right) vs real(left), fake, real' pairs of Ray Bans.
Here's what I found about the fake pair...
1. The print on the Ray Ban case isn't perfect like the actual Ray Ban case (the "e" in Protection is smudged and overall the print isn't as clean-cut as the real case)
2. The information cards are different, and are scanned copies of a real Ray Ban information pamphlet (the white type is darker than the original, almost a light gray, and images of sunglass lenses show a wavy texture, indicating that it is a scanned copy)
3. On my food scale (yes, I did weight them because I was very upset and frustrated) the fakes weigh 28-30mg whereas the real ones weight 30-32mg. And when you look at them side by side, you can definitely notice that they are different, even though they are the same style make.
4. I couldn't get a picture that depicted the difference, but the fake lenses have a different gleam on the inside of the lens. I think the fakes are actually polarized, but not to the same quality as the real pair.
I never write Amazon reviews but I was very upset by this purchase and decided to finally write one. I hope this helps anyone looking to buy some Ray Bans! I recommend buying through Groupon or keep searching on Amazon. I ended up buying my pair at a store registered through Groupon.
First I got the small 52mm aviators, which ended up being WAY too small for me. I learned the hard way that the mm sizes is not specifically the distance across your face, it's the size of each lens. I have the 52mm in the new wayfarers which fit perfectly, so don't let that lead you to a size in aviators, because the size doesn't translate. So then I got the 55mm in the aviators and they were a tad snug on the side of my face. Then I ordered the 58mm. These seem to be the best choice for me and I realllly love them. They're lightweight and comfortable.
In the end, I learned the mm size will have a little to do with the distance across the face, being the lens get bigger, but it just wasn't as cut and dry as I thought. It's really best to try these on in person before ordering to know which size fits you best. Good luck!
As I was incredibly happy with this pair, I decided to purchase another pair from Sunglass Express (packaged by Amazon). The pair I purchased were the 55mm Brown Gradient Aviators.
1. It did not come in 55mm, the pair shipped to me were 58mm.
2. They were 100% non-authentic.
Yes, they did have all the signature Ray-Ban markings, BUT I knew as soon as I took them out of the case that the quality did not feel right. I then proceeded to look closer at the sunglasses and although markings were in the correct place, the "RB" which is supposed to be ENGRAVED on the right side of the sunglass frame was simply sketched. The RB was flat, unlike my authentic Ray-Ban aviators, which you can feel with your nail that it is indeed engraved in the glass.
This leads me to... How can a company sell some sunglasses which are authentic & some which are not?
Please, please beware of this simple way to find out if your Ray-Bans are NOT replicas.
DO NOT purchase the Large Metal Gold Gradient Ray-Bans, you will not get what you paid for.
However, to buy these glasses took me a long time due to receiving counterfeits . The first pair I bought from an Amazon competitor auction company and received a counterfeit pair of glasses.
I will not go into details about how to determine if you have a pair of fake Ray Ban glasses or not, as you can Google that information and there are Utube videos available.
Because I received the first pair of fakes, I decided to buy from Amazon using my Prime account, but Amazon direct did not offer the glasses, so I picked a company that Amazon distributed their glasses for. I emailed that company and asked if the glasses were: From Italy and if they were 100% real Ray Ban Glasses, which the company response was yes. So I purchased the glasses and received another pair of counterfeit Ray Bans. All of the items were real except the Glasses-as if switched out by the company. Also, the pair I received was NOT 62mm and 58mm. I, of course, returned the fake wrong size glasses.
So, be careful. Find out how to determine the difference between a fake pair and a real pair of Ray Ban sunglasses.
Luxottica is the manufacturer of Ray Ban glasses. Currently Ray Ban glasses are made in Italy or China. In my opinion, I would not buy a pair of Ray Ban glasses that are made in China.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Girlfriend loves them. The big classic aviator look with the RayBan quality.Published 9 hours ago by Scott Ha
I've researched quite a bit about how to spot a fake, and these have passed every test. Very happy with these aviators! Makes me want to grab some wayfarers too hahaPublished 1 day ago by Joseph
frame size is fine, but the arms are too short. they barely fit over my ear. other than that, the transaction was fine. shipping was quick.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
They were good but to small. The description of the glasses didn't have the size. So when I got them they were to small.Published 5 days ago by Amazon Customer