I bought the Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Metal Sunglasses 58mm Black G-15 off of my relative the other day (but I would've bought it from Amazon.com anyways).

Are you looking for high quality sunglasses? Buy it.

Are you trying to keep up with the latest trend? Buy it.

Do you want to look good? That's the reason why I bought it. Possibly. Or...
Published on October 24, 2010 by J. Obra

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE SUNGLASSES. DON'T BUY FROM THIS SELLER
SELLER LIED TO ME AND GUARANTEED AUTHENTICITY, BUT TODAY I TOOK MY GLASSES TO A RAYBAN STORE AND THE PROFESSIONAL GUY ASSURED THEY ARE FAKE. WE COMPARED THEM TO THE ORIGINAL ONES AND THEY LOOK SO DIFFERENT!! VERY CLOSE REPLICA, BUT FAKE.
Published 10 months ago by julia nishizawa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great glasses. Classic. Trendy. And doesn't break the bank completely., October 24, 2010

Are you looking for high quality sunglasses? Buy it.

Are you trying to keep up with the latest trend? Buy it.

Do you want to look good? That's the reason why I bought it. Possibly. Or maybe it was because of the second question.

For those who doesn't understand how the sizing works as I have, the RB3025 aviators has two sizes: 58mm (medium) and 62mm (Willy-Wonka large). And like a TV these days it would get larger by length and width. With the 58mm that I have, I took a ruler and made the following measurements so you get the idea: width (left to right of one lens) 2.5 inches, height (top to longest bottom) 2 inches, sides (front to where it curves for the ear) 4 inches. They also have a smaller version of the aviator (RB3044) at 52mm, but that's if you have a face of a twelve year old I suppose. I think I almost broke one of them from testing that version.

I definitely suggest first checking out your local sun glass store at the mall or outlet so you can test out all the size AND colors that best suits your face and purchase it on Amazon once you made up your mind. I was stuck between black and gold colors for the past three weeks and about six or so sunglass stores.

For a person with a small fat Asian face like me, the 58 was just a tad bit large for my face and my cheeks would push the frame up when I smile. But all can be adjusted at your local glasses store to adjust the nose pads outwards so the frame wouldn't be so close to the face slightly. For someone that has a bigger face, they might need to resort to the 62mm because the temple (length of the sides) is much longer because the other sizes may not reach the ear but can be adjusted by the optometrist.

So save the hassle and try the sizes/colors out first at your local sunglasses shop before buying them here!

The good:
- Build quality. It's surely doesn't feel like cheap metal from $20 glasses, or it could just be me because of how much I put on this. But it's heavier metal overall.
- Glass quality. I chose G-15 because I thought of playing it safe from polarized lenses as it can cause distortions when looking though LCD screens (I would see small rainbows when I tested them at the store with my phone with a white background). But with the G-15 I was able to see clearly still (doesn't make it look like it's night time) and everything seems less over contrasted (less brightness on objects thus making the eyes less strained). Also the lenses seems durable enough to withstand slight scratches like my iPhone 4. With the G-15 lens it appears that it is green when put in front of anything that is white, but anywhere else especially outdoors the lenses would appear black.
- Looks. For any boy or girl, big or small, tall or short it can make anyone look good with it on. I'm sure you'll get compliments left and right. If not, then your friends are just jealous.

The Bad: (if there was any)
- Price. You get what you paid for and paid extra for the premium brand but is worth the investment. It was like switching to Apple and not coming back to any other brand. Plus for the price on Amazon for the Black or Gold frames with G-15 compared to any other stores, the deal here is the best you can get after a month looking through countless shops.
- Fragile. It's thin even though the build appears robust. But I've sat, knelled, and dropped countless glasses before this. But as a responsible person now, take care of it as much as you would take care of your new car.

TIP: Always check for the real thing if you weren't buying it from Amazon.com directly. 1) RB etching on left lens (next to hinge), 2) RB on both nose pads, 3) RB3025 Aviator Large Metal (on the left side of frame), Ray-Ban Made in Italy (on the right side of frame), Ray-Ban 58[]14 (under the first the bridge (between lens)), Ray-Ban logo on the top right (not blocking your view and isn't large). The sticker on the lens when new should say G-15 100% UV protection in gold and the serial number with all the info is on the sticker on the side of the box.

Would I buy this glasses again if I ever break or lose it? I certainly would. If the trend hasn't changed, but I tried some wayfarers and I didn't like how it looks on me. So try them all before you buy! Thanks for reading!

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE SUNGLASSES. DON'T BUY FROM THIS SELLER, February 14, 2014
This review is from: Ray-Ban Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses (Apparel)
LENSES ARE DARKER THAN ORIGINAL ONES, THE "RB" MARK ON THE OUTSIDE OF RIGHT LENS IS TERRIBLE AND FRAMES ARE NOT AS GOLD AS IT SHOULD BE.
I WANT MY MONEY BACK

1.0 out of 5 stars Official Sunglass company employee comment on Ray-Ban, August 1, 2014
This review is from: Ray-Ban Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses (Apparel)
I am a Employee of Sunglass Hut & I can tell you now they are not authentic. But if you're looking for something cheaper rather than spending the actual $180 USD for them then go right ahead!

The size 55 is like a small
The size 58 is like a medium
The size 62 is like a large.

The standard fit size is a 58 so if you have a normal sized head go with a 58!

Hope someone can help someone with their purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love it! Looks Beautiful on tanned skin!, September 28, 2010
I can wear these glasses 24/7. So light weight, good size lenze for mid-size face, beautiful on my tanned skin, just love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happily got what I wanted, expected!, February 17, 2014
Bought these for my husband to replace the same style that were broken after misplacing themselves underfoot. He has a slim face and this size fits him more snugly than the larger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 29, 2013
I recommend this glasses 150%. I love it! Perfect size and fit.
It feels solid and comfortable when I'm wearing it.

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong sun glasses, October 20, 2014
Hello, I Bought a Large sunglasses, but what arrived for me was a small one, for kids!!
I live in Brazil, and I asked my sister to bring it to me me, so I just realized it here.
I don't know what to do!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit and looks so awesome, June 29, 2014
I gifted this to my friend and it fit him perfectly. I expected this from Rayban and it reached my expectation...

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, July 5, 2012
The description was misleading, as it says "large metal" so I thought it was the oversized frames, or at least large. When I opened the box I was dismayed to see the actual size. The product came fast (within a week) and at a good price. Make sure you do research online, or go to the store first and physically try them on, as you actually want to pay attention to the size in millimeters. 55mm is small, 58mm is medium, and 62mm is large. Most people get 58mm... Nevertheless, it is a great product, classic, and they look good. My bf loved them!

1.0 out of 5 stars I ordered this product under the belief that they would ..., June 30, 2014
I ordered this product under the belief that they would be a large pair of Aviators but they were most definitely not. I have had two previous pairs of large frame Aviators and the pair I received from this order were significantly smaller. Will be sending them back.

Ray-Ban Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses