Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Sunglasses
|Price:||$71.15 - $250.59 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Acetate Frame. Acetate is a plant-based plastic known for being lightweight, yet durable.
- Plastic frame
- Crystal lens
- 100% UV400 protection coating
- Lens width: 51 mm
- Lens height: 38 mm
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Sunglasses Black Frame/Green Lens
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003CIP4TE
- Item model number: PC105291F04
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 12, 2003
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
The "New" style also comes in two sizes, 52mm and 55mm. I received the 52 only to find them to be a bit too small (I am an average size male), once I returned them for the 55 I was more then satisfied. So in conclusion I would recommend the new style Wayfarer to those wanting the signature look of the style, but with perhaps a bit less obtrusive frame. 55mm is average size, while 52mm would be for females or even some children.
1. Authenticity: All of the 3 pairs were sold by Amazon.com, and they all seemed genuine to me. Not even a doubt. Solid and clear. I did notice that the black pair was missing the engraved "RB" on the back of the left lenses. I don't know why.
2. Polarized: The polarized feature doesn't bother me at all in reading LCD screens, nor does it improve the view much (it cuts out a little more light, but not much difference).
3. Sizing: I am a small guy and have narrow face. The 52mm is definitely for children: a bit tight (even for me) and looks like a toy; The 55mm looks great, although i feel they can be loose sometimes (look good, but wear loose). I strongly recommend 55mm if you have to get these, unless you are buying for your kids.
4. Looks: They both look great, but I prefer the tortoise ones that are a little bit different but not too special. Another thing to note is that other people can see your eyes more easily through the ordinary lenses than the polarized lenses.
5. comparison to the OriginalWayfarer (2140): later I got a pair of 2140 (Original Wayfarer, 54mm, tortoise color) for my cousin. The Original Wayfarers are a bit more expensive, but feel they are of better quality: stronger metal hinge, thicker and heavier plastic. Size-wise, the Original Wayfarers are between the 55mm and 52mm New Wayfarers. Style-wise, the Original Wayfarers have a larger angle pointing forward.
Try them out in store and buy them here! great quality and price. Just make sure they are "sold by Amazon.Read more ›
However the design became near extinct in the early 1980s due to the decline in sales of the 1970s. Despite the slight reemergence in 1980, due majorly in part to the Dan Aykroyd/John Belushi hit movie The Blues Brothers, Wayfarers were on the verge of discontinuation; selling only 18,000 pairs in 1981.
As fate would have it Wayfarers were completely resurrected in 1982 when Ray-Ban signed a yearly payment contract with Unique Product Placement of Burbank, California for $50,000. The deal was simple: Wayfarers were to appear in 60 Hollywood films and television shows per year for the next five years in exchange for $250,000. It was a contract that made Ray-Ban millions and projected the classic Wayfarer design across the world. Movie stars, musicians, artists and celebrities alike wore them in films, music videos, photographs and magazines making Wayfarers the sunglasses of necessity for the 1980s.
The roller coaster ride hit a drop in the 1990s when 'wrap-around' frames popularized the market, striking a blow to the classic Wayfarer design and leaving them forgotten to the masses yet again. That is until 2001 when the New Wayfarers made the scene with a smaller and less angular design, a lighter injected plastic and a multitude of new colors.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
received them on time and they were as expected, except they are not straight and that makes mew crazy. There are crooked on my face:/Published 1 day ago by Nicholas Pacitto
Comfortable to wear, and they came with the case and a cloth, but there is a serious slant on the front of these that makes it look like you are literally looking down on peoplePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
This is my second pair of Ray Bans and they are identical to the first that I bought from Sunglass Hut. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Axel Yates
These are one of the few sunglasses designs that work well with my oval face. I wish I hadn't left them at a bar, because they held up great for a year. Read morePublished 3 days ago by jonas190