Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Price:$157.90+ Free shipping

on January 20, 2012
I ordered 3 pairs: black, polarized, 55mm; tortoise, non-polarized, 52mm; tortoise, non-polarized, 55mm, so I was able to compare the sizes, colors and polarized feature of these glasses. Here we go.

1. Authenticity: All of the 3 pairs were sold by Amazon.com, and they all seemed genuine to me. Not even a doubt. Solid and clear. I did notice that the black pair was missing the engraved "RB" on the back of the left lenses. I don't know why.

2. Polarized: The polarized feature doesn't bother me at all in reading LCD screens, nor does it improve the view much (it cuts out a little more light, but not much difference).

3. Sizing: I am a small guy and have narrow face. The 52mm is definitely for children: a bit tight (even for me) and looks like a toy; The 55mm looks great, although i feel they can be loose sometimes (look good, but wear loose). I strongly recommend 55mm if you have to get these, unless you are buying for your kids.

4. Looks: They both look great, but I prefer the tortoise ones that are a little bit different but not too special. Another thing to note is that other people can see your eyes more easily through the ordinary lenses than the polarized lenses.

5. comparison to the OriginalWayfarer (2140): later I got a pair of 2140 (Original Wayfarer, 54mm, tortoise color) for my cousin. The Original Wayfarers are a bit more expensive, but feel they are of better quality: stronger metal hinge, thicker and heavier plastic. Size-wise, the Original Wayfarers are between the 55mm and 52mm New Wayfarers. Style-wise, the Original Wayfarers have a larger angle pointing forward.

Try them out in store and buy them here! great quality and price. Just make sure they are "sold by Amazon.com" after you make the selection (there are many different sellers on Amazon). Cheers~~~

BTW Amazon says free returns on these, and they didn't even ask a word when I returned two pairs and paid for return shipping. Great customer service.
1717 comments|744 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2015
I really like these glasses. I was contemplating on getting polarized and or nonpolarized, a friend said, "If you're going to spend that much money on glasses and plan on keeping them, why wouldn't you spend the extra for polarized." So I bought polarized, I am glad I did! These are some really good glasses, people compliment me on them. These are just some classic glasses, I am glad I invested in a good pair of frames. Btw I bought the 52 mm, but it was a tad too small, so I upgraded to 55 mm (see picture below.) After buying quality glasses, I will start purchasing products based on quality instead of price. I take MUCH better care of these glasses, no telling how much money I wasted on all the other glasses!
on May 16, 2013
Initially designed by Raymond Stegeman and manufactured since 1956 the Ray-Ban Wayfarers were revolutionary compared to the clichéd metal frames of past sunglasses. The early popularity of Wayfarers throughout the 1950s and 1960s was attributed not only to look and comfort but also seen by way of celebrity acceptance of the design. Roy Orbison, John F. Kennedy, Bob Dylan and Andy Warhol all prominently sported Wayfarers for the ever watching public eye.

However the design became near extinct in the early 1980s due to the decline in sales of the 1970s. Despite the slight reemergence in 1980, due majorly in part to the Dan Aykroyd/John Belushi hit movie The Blues Brothers, Wayfarers were on the verge of discontinuation; selling only 18,000 pairs in 1981.

As fate would have it Wayfarers were completely resurrected in 1982 when Ray-Ban signed a yearly payment contract with Unique Product Placement of Burbank, California for $50,000. The deal was simple: Wayfarers were to appear in 60 Hollywood films and television shows per year for the next five years in exchange for $250,000. It was a contract that made Ray-Ban millions and projected the classic Wayfarer design across the world. Movie stars, musicians, artists and celebrities alike wore them in films, music videos, photographs and magazines making Wayfarers the sunglasses of necessity for the 1980s.

The roller coaster ride hit a drop in the 1990s when 'wrap-around' frames popularized the market, striking a blow to the classic Wayfarer design and leaving them forgotten to the masses yet again. That is until 2001 when the New Wayfarers made the scene with a smaller and less angular design, a lighter injected plastic and a multitude of new colors. The redesign helped the 2000s to be a nostalgic success, bolstering the best sales in over a decade and reuniting the public with the classic, comfortable design that made them popular to begin with.

So here we are in 2013 and the 'New Wayfarers' are already over a decade old and still selling. Widely regarded as the 20th century's most enduring fashion icons the Wayfarer design is comfortable, light and always classic. For those of you browsing the Amazon product page looking for your perfect pair of New Wayfarers there are a few things you might want to know. First thing: the size.

You may have noticed the option of purchasing either 52mm or 55mm sized Wayfarers on the product page. This combined with a plethora of reviews regarding the sizes that fit best seem to be a matter of major confusion. Many of the reviews for this product, including the most popular, are simply wrong and misleading. There is no difference in frame size between the 52mm and the 55mm design and the number is a reference to the lens size. What does this mean? Well, if you purchase the 55mm your lenses will be slightly rounder: that's it. The reviewers complaining about the 52mm being too tight as opposed to the 55mm are misinformed. I've included measurements below and the sizes for both products are as follows:

Ray-Ban New Wayfarers 52mm:

Total size:18-145mm
Lens: 55mm
Bridge: 18mm
Temples: 145mm

As you can see there is no difference despite a slightly larger lens opening on the 55mm. I don't understand how so many reviewers could get this wrong unless they're cross-hypnotizing one another into believing the size difference...and yes. I own both sizes.

You also may have noticed the lens option of G-15 XLT when selecting your sunglasses. What is it? G-15 XLT is a reference to Ray-Ban's glass lenses as opposed to their plastic designs. G-15 is a special technology that Ray-Ban utilizes to make the glass lenses light without sacrificing optical quality. So what does the XLT stand for? Exta Light.

Some of you may not be familiar with polarized lenses, which is a buying option when selecting your New Wayfarers. Erinn Morgan of All About Vision writes 'light reflected from surfaces such as a flat road or smooth water generally is horizontally polarized. This means that, instead of light being scattered in all directions in more usual ways, reflected light generally travels in a more horizontally oriented direction. This creates an annoying and sometimes dangerous intensity of light that we experience as glare.

Polarized sunglasses cut glare and haze so your eyes are more comfortable and you can see better. Polarized lenses contain a special filter that blocks this type of intense reflected light, reducing glare.

Though polarized sunglasses improve comfort and visibility, you will encounter some instances when these lenses may not be advisable. One example is downhill skiing, where you don't want to block light reflecting off icy patches because this alerts skiers to hazards they are approaching.

In addition, polarized lenses may reduce the visibility of images produced by liquid crystal displays (LCDs) or light-emitting diode displays (LEDs) found on the dashboards of some cars or in other places such as the digital screens on automatic teller machines and self-service gas pumps.

With polarized lenses, you also may be unable to see your cell phone or GPS device. Boaters and pilots also have reported similar problems when viewing LCD displays on instrument panels, which can be a crucial issue when it comes to making split-second decisions based strictly on information displayed on a panel.'

I hope this review clears up any confusion with the design and aids you in making the correct purchase.
1818 comments|658 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2015
Mine arrived with a brown case, not black. They appear to not be actual rayban glasses, as I have purchased 3 pair of the same with no issues. There were fingerprints on the lenses and oil on inner the temples. They weren't wrapped in plastic either. Be highly suspect when purchasing.
review image
11 comment|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2015
Got what I paid for. Authentic Ray Ban 2132 55mm New Wayfarer Matte Black with Blue Polarized Gradient Lenses. I don't know why I made it all caps, but this product was the real deal. I got worried after reading some of these reviews but the glasses I received are 100% authentic. I compared them to my old pair of New Wayfarers 2132 purchased from Ray Ban themselves and they match up perfectly. The logo, the RB on the left lens, the metal rod in the arm, and the case were all identical. Would definitely buy from here again if I decide to get myself a third pair.
on July 25, 2015
Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses,Black/Green Polarized,52 mm

I just received a pair of New Wayfarers (polarized, 52mm, black w/green lenses, sold by Amazon) and at first they seemed to be legitimate--the box seemed to be real, as well as the case. However, upon taking out the sunglasses, they did not seem to be high-quality. The hinges squeak quite audibly when opening the glasses, and the "RB" etching seems to be messily scratched on rather than laser-etched. I've just ordered a pair of New Wayfarers off of the official Ray Ban website, and will update the review with comparison pictures before I return the Amazon pair.

EDIT: Added photos for comparison. I received real new wayfarers (non-polarized, however) from the Ray Ban Website the other day. They are the glasses with the gold sticker and brown case, and are on the right hand side in all of my photos. The discrepancies between the stickers and the case are not, however, the cause of concern.
33 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2015
These fit perfectly. They are subtly different from regular wayfarers in that the lens part is a bit shorter, making them less square and more rectangular. The polarized lenses significantly cut down on glare and they are extremely light and comfortable. They also seem very durable and well-built. Nothing but pros all around, if you're on the fence, jump off, and hit buy now.
on September 1, 2015
This is what I purchased:

Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses,Black/Green Polarized,52 mm
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
********************************************************************************************

Packaging:
Sunglasses came in black Ray-Ban leather case, which is inside a white box, which is in another Amazon Prime box. Where is the original box that ALL Ray-Ban sunglasses come in? I want to know all the details about this $110 sunglasses that I bought. I want EVERYTHING that comes with it originally.

Sunglasses:
* Arrived with no plastic sleeves on the arms (like it's supposed to).
* Fingerprints AND sticky residue all over the lens and frame. It was really gross. There was a huge blob of sticky residue behind the "Ray-Ban" logo. Sketchy much?
* No stickers on the sunglasses' lens like the sticker to indicate it is polarized.
* RB sketch on the lens were not smooth and was on the front of lens. It seems like there was a difficulty in sketching the "R" because top of it was even. (I compared this to a authentic RB2132 non-polarized sunglasses. The authentic sunglasses had smooth RB sketch on the inside of the lens.)
* Left arm inside prints were unaligned--the model should be printed closer to the hinge.
* Right arm print not clear.
* The polarized lens are definitely polarized, but it has some type of film on the inside of the lens where it would reflect green/purple light. I don't remember seeing this in the stores, but I have never owned polarized lens before so I don't know if this should be the case or not.
* The arms (when folded) were not cut smoothly.

Case:
The sunglasses case were leather and it seemed authentic enough; however, the stitching wasn't perfect. There was a loose end.

Conclusion:
FAKE! This seems like a very GOOD fake. If I am wrong, and it is not a fake, then at least Amazon should sell it with its original retail box. I have owned two Ray-Ban sunglasses before and I know how they should be packaged. This was all wrong. The glasses need to arrive in clean and new condition too. Those fingerprints and sticky residue were really gross. I didn't even want to touch the sunglasses. I had to wipe it off with some Lysol wipes before even trying it on.
on May 21, 2015
I almost strictly wear wayfarers but usually with reflective lenses. This is a little different from my norm. However, the 55 mm fit great. I got mine from XWear and they are most certainly authentic and in fact polarized. They fit comfortably to my head and provide ideal protection from UV rays and other harmful radiation. I am extremely satisfied with this purchase but am now curious how the 52 mm would have fit. I do typically like my sunglasses in smaller sizes if possible. Oh well, its better to have a pair that i know fits then to wonder what if and get a pair that could have been potentially too small. 5 stars from me. Cheers!
on October 23, 2015
Hello Sunglass Hut Amazon,

Sorry for the BAD Feedback. I just got my purchased Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Sunglasses 55mm (Black on Beige Frame/Green Solid Lens)
Had the item authenticated, the item is 100% Fake.
1. No RB Etch
2. Missing Item Detail white sticker on Box
3. Bad Print on Leather Case
4. RayBan Wording Not clear or Define enough on the button
5. Bad Printing on manual

Thank you if you can fix this, if not then let this feedback be a warning to all your customers

Here is my email add engr_arphi@yahoo.com, you may contact me there
Or you can also contact me in Facebook my username is William Milby