Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on March 27, 2009
Without a doubt, the 2140 Original Wayfarers are the coolest and most comfortable sunglasses around. I ordered them with the regular tint, instead of the Polarized lenses because my previous sunglasses with Polarized lenses made it very difficult to read LCD screens. No such problem with the regular lenses and glare never seems to be a problem either.

The only recommendation I'd make regarding purchase is to check your head size to make sure you get the right fit. I've always thought my head was pretty big, but when the original pair of Wayfarers arrived, I found that the 54mm size was entirely too big for my face. I contacted the vendor, EZContacts, and they let me exchange the sunglasses, quickly and without delay, for the 50mm size, which fit perfectly and look great. I never thought 4 measly millimeters would make that big of a difference, but when it comes to the way sunglasses look on your face, it sure does.

So, unless you have a Shrek-size head, my suggestion is to opt for the 50mm size. Oh, and when it comes to cost, I saved at least $40 buying through Amzamon versus the retail cost at my local mall's Sunglass Hut.
44 comments|300 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2015
Great pair of glasses and authentic. The box was legit and had barcode label on the side. Case is good quality and the logo is on the snap. Everything on the inside was packaged exactly, icons booklet, cloth is good quality and came with the luxotica booklet. The glasses have the tilt, have weight to them, the logo didn't scratch off, the Ray-Ban logos on the side are pinned in, the rb etching on the front lens is real, cellphones darken and are hard to read (real polarization), the inside has the 7 hinges and writing on the inside. I was skeptical but super happy now.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on October 23, 2012
I bought a pair of Ray-Ban RB2140 902/57. They were listed as "Polarized" also was indicated with the "/57". However, once I received them I quickly realized that they were NOT polarized lenses. First off, they didn't have the "P" after the Ray-Ban inscription on the front of the right lens. Also they failed every test to check for light polarization (i.e. viewing a LCD screen and rotating the sunglasses should make the screen darken or disappear).

This may have been an honest mistake of someone putting non-polarized sunglasses in a box labeled polarized. Though once I started investigating the lenses themselves I realized that the lenses weren't even authentic Ray-Ban lenses. However, the frames were most definitely real. So someone at some stage of the process inserted (or replaced the real lenses) FAKE lenses into a pair of REAL frames! And if you know anything about high-quality sunglasses (i.e. Ray-Bans) what you are really paying for are the lenses, NOT the frames. I've contacted the seller and Amazon, but neither seems too concerned. So just keep this in mind when you receive your sunglasses. The frames may pass all of your quality control tests, but be sure you aren't being duped on the lenses!
55 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2015
After receiving my pair, everything checked out EXCEPT the tilt is noticeably off, which leaves me baffled. I'm not willing to say 100% it's fake, but when you buy a pair of 2140s, you expect the classic tilt. I'm torn, however, because I think it actually fits me better without it! Still, a good chance I'll wind up returning, as I don't really want to pay the full price for a fake. 50% off and I'm in!

In the pictures I've included the sunglasses I received by itself, as well as one with an older pair of 2140s I have. The lack of tilt is very noticeable in the pair on the left in that picture.
review image review image
on July 5, 2014
BE CAREFUL People...there are ALOT of really good FAKES being sold here(MANY SELLERS). I sent 2 pairs back this month.They LOOK real in almost every respect...One pair passed every test...but there just seemed to be something "WRONG". The plastic "squeaked" and felt cheap and they seemed to be stretched out..they would NOT stay on my face/nose. I did a side by side comparison.....they looked identical. The one pair(REAL pair..I bought 3 pairs) felt SOLID & were a tight fit.Don't settle for anything less than a PERFECT FITTING PAIR.Even at $80+.....that is ALOT of money for an ill fitting pair or a FAKE. China is KNOWN for making great fakes/copies.
on March 18, 2014
I ordered these sunglasses as a gift for my son. I paid with my Visa. A few weeks later he received them and they were too small. Instead of refunding my visa account which is required by law, he issued a gift card. I didn't want a gift card, I wanted to take my son somewhere that he could try the RayBan's on. Now I had to pay for another pair and I have a gift card I DON'T want. I contacted this seller many times and not ONE email was answered. Shame on you and I should report you.
on October 3, 2013
Got these Wayfarers (RB2140 tortoise with 54mm lenses) in mid-July 2013 after losing a really nice pair of aviators. I'm not a particularly large man (6'0" tall, about 210 lbs, 7.25" hat size), but they fit well. No regrets so far. They're durable, look sharp and are the real deal. Highly recommended.

Update April 8, 2014:
I've gotten a pair of Ray-Ban aviators, which is what I use now. Got them for practical reasons (the earpieces don't cause any issues when it's cold out and you're wearing a beanie). I plan to use my aviator sunglasses for many years to come. Still very pleased with my Wayfarers and am keeping them as backup.

Update June 19, 2015 (edited July 27, 2015):
These are now my primary sunglasses. I've taken up sand volleyball and sometimes use them for that. These are simple, durable and comfortable to wear. Still highly recommended.

Update July 27, 2015 (edited August 21, 2015):
Sand volleyball can be tough on sunglasses, but these Wayfarers are up to the task when the sun becomes an issue. They're a bit scuffed up now, but still work fine when playing outdoors. I'm almost certain they'll last at least another season. I try not to use them much when playing volleyball, so they'll last. For general use, I have a pair of aviators.
review image
on June 30, 2014
these glasses were not balanced. When I wore them I could tell they were crooked and when I looked in the mirror it was confirmed that they were. When I opened up the package, the actual box for the sunglasses looked like they grabbed it out of the garbage can and reused it. Also they looked very fake. I'm returning them today so hopefully amazon doesn't give me a problem in returning my money.
on March 23, 2013
I ordered the Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer RB 2140 in White/Texture/Azure Mirror Blue Gradient, 50mm, from HDO Sport on Thursday and received it on Saturday! It comes with the special red case, red Ray-Ban cleaning cloth, Ray-Ban pamphlets, and a Ray-Ban Rare Prints Special Series Certificate of Authenticity, all placed in a matching red hard box. These sunglasses are absolutely stunning! The Azure Mirror Blue lenses are dreamy. The London Texture is so cool only you would know. This is the real thing, "hand made in Italy"... no worries here :) Nice packaging & super fast shipping make this one awesome transaction!
on October 6, 2012
I love these sunglasses but just noticed that one arm is longer than the other. I did not notice this until now and it definitely changes the way they fit. I wish i could get this fixed and it would be 5 stars