Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ray-Ban RB2140 Original Wayfarer Sunglasses
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 27, 2009
Without a doubt, the 2140 Original Wayfarers are the coolest and most comfortable sunglasses around. I ordered them with the regular tint, instead of the Polarized lenses because my previous sunglasses with Polarized lenses made it very difficult to read LCD screens. No such problem with the regular lenses and glare never seems to be a problem either.

The only recommendation I'd make regarding purchase is to check your head size to make sure you get the right fit. I've always thought my head was pretty big, but when the original pair of Wayfarers arrived, I found that the 54mm size was entirely too big for my face. I contacted the vendor, EZContacts, and they let me exchange the sunglasses, quickly and without delay, for the 50mm size, which fit perfectly and look great. I never thought 4 measly millimeters would make that big of a difference, but when it comes to the way sunglasses look on your face, it sure does.

So, unless you have a Shrek-size head, my suggestion is to opt for the 50mm size. Oh, and when it comes to cost, I saved at least $40 buying through Amzamon versus the retail cost at my local mall's Sunglass Hut.
44 comments| 308 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2015
Great pair of glasses and authentic. The box was legit and had barcode label on the side. Case is good quality and the logo is on the snap. Everything on the inside was packaged exactly, icons booklet, cloth is good quality and came with the luxotica booklet. The glasses have the tilt, have weight to them, the logo didn't scratch off, the Ray-Ban logos on the side are pinned in, the rb etching on the front lens is real, cellphones darken and are hard to read (real polarization), the inside has the 7 hinges and writing on the inside. I was skeptical but super happy now.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on January 27, 2015
After receiving my pair, everything checked out EXCEPT the tilt is noticeably off, which leaves me baffled. I'm not willing to say 100% it's fake, but when you buy a pair of 2140s, you expect the classic tilt. I'm torn, however, because I think it actually fits me better without it! Still, a good chance I'll wind up returning, as I don't really want to pay the full price for a fake. 50% off and I'm in!

In the pictures I've included the sunglasses I received by itself, as well as one with an older pair of 2140s I have. The lack of tilt is very noticeable in the pair on the left in that picture.
review image review image
on October 23, 2012
I bought a pair of Ray-Ban RB2140 902/57. They were listed as "Polarized" also was indicated with the "/57". However, once I received them I quickly realized that they were NOT polarized lenses. First off, they didn't have the "P" after the Ray-Ban inscription on the front of the right lens. Also they failed every test to check for light polarization (i.e. viewing a LCD screen and rotating the sunglasses should make the screen darken or disappear).

This may have been an honest mistake of someone putting non-polarized sunglasses in a box labeled polarized. Though once I started investigating the lenses themselves I realized that the lenses weren't even authentic Ray-Ban lenses. However, the frames were most definitely real. So someone at some stage of the process inserted (or replaced the real lenses) FAKE lenses into a pair of REAL frames! And if you know anything about high-quality sunglasses (i.e. Ray-Bans) what you are really paying for are the lenses, NOT the frames. I've contacted the seller and Amazon, but neither seems too concerned. So just keep this in mind when you receive your sunglasses. The frames may pass all of your quality control tests, but be sure you aren't being duped on the lenses!
55 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
I ordered these sunglasses as a gift for my son. I paid with my Visa. A few weeks later he received them and they were too small. Instead of refunding my visa account which is required by law, he issued a gift card. I didn't want a gift card, I wanted to take my son somewhere that he could try the RayBan's on. Now I had to pay for another pair and I have a gift card I DON'T want. I contacted this seller many times and not ONE email was answered. Shame on you and I should report you.
on July 5, 2014
BE CAREFUL People...there are ALOT of really good FAKES being sold here(MANY SELLERS). I sent 2 pairs back this month.They LOOK real in almost every respect...One pair passed every test...but there just seemed to be something "WRONG". The plastic "squeaked" and felt cheap and they seemed to be stretched out..they would NOT stay on my face/nose. I did a side by side comparison.....they looked identical. The one pair(REAL pair..I bought 3 pairs) felt SOLID & were a tight fit.Don't settle for anything less than a PERFECT FITTING PAIR.Even at $80+.....that is ALOT of money for an ill fitting pair or a FAKE. China is KNOWN for making great fakes/copies.
on October 23, 2015
I bought these sunglasses and they broke when I had a car crash. I knew it didn't have any warranty but I sent it to Ray-Ban's repair center to get them fixed. After 2 weeks, I get a letter from their center stating, "upon evaluation of your eye-wear, we have determined that the product does not contain any legible markings with which we can identify a style or brand." These are fake and if your okay with that, please don't break them because you cannot get them fixed.
review image
on July 9, 2014
FAKE! Don't buy these... I got mine and wore them a few times only to realize they had different sized arms and sat weird on my face. They also lack the tilt that 2140s are supposed to have.. Stay away.
on June 10, 2014
I've been eyeing the wayfarer for quite a few years toying with the idea if it is worth spending the money. Just recently I caved in and spent the extra money I had laying around on these. I'm glad I did. Don't be fooled; although the price tag can be shocking, the quality of these sunglasses is outstanding. They are very sturdy and they sit really great on your face, and that's another thing, I haven't found anyone who looks bad in a quality wayfarer.

Should you buy these? Yeah, why not if you want quality sunglasses that will last you a lifetime if you take great care of them. You definitely feel the difference between $15 sunglasses and $100 sunglasses.

Some tips when buying the wayfarer; there are two different wayfarers. One is the original, the 2140 and now there is the 2132 which is totally different from the 2140. It does not have an angle and the size of the frame is smaller. If you are going for the classic, the 2140 is your perfect frame. In my opinion, it sits much better on your face and has the iconic look we all love. The 2132
is still a nice frame but it lacks the "wow" factor when compared to the 2140.

Sizes:

The 2140 comes in two; the 50mm and the 54mm. If you have a small face and small features, the 50mm is perfect for you. The 54mm is much bigger and more suitable for those with larger features. If you're unsure which size would fit you best, I recommend going into the nearest retailer and trying both on, as I did.
on March 9, 2015
I don't think the ones I received are authentic. They were sold by Amazon LLC but maybe someone replaced and returned. My issue is the etching on the left lens. I have other Ray bans that I bought directly from RayBan and the etching is fairly smooth and barely noticeable. The pair I received, the lens was white under the etching making me think they are fake. Otherwise the box and case look genuine, the right lens has "Ray Ban-P" on them and Rayban is printed in silver on the sides. Plus the numbering is correct on the inside of the arm. Possible that this is a manufacturing defect, but fakes have gotten really good over the years and I'm not paying a high price just to get a fake.

EDIT: So my second pair sent from Amazon LLC has a huge mark on the polarized film (see 2nd picture if it actually says, won't load). These are going back. Now the price is $20 higher and they will not let me try a 3rd pair. Guess I'll just go to Ray-ban directly.

Also I think these may be authentic, maybe just manufacturing defects, hence the cheaper than MSRP price.
review image review image