5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Was Hoping For...
So I agonized over the decision to buy these for at least a week...maybe two. In the end I ordered the mock tortoise Clubmasters which have the 49mm bridge, and I am thrilled with what I got. I was worried about the following:

Published 22 months ago by JB

2.0 out of 5 stars "faulty"
Published 10 months ago by EMC

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Was Hoping For..., June 11, 2012
JB (Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews

Q. Would they fit my face? Could I pull off the style? A. They fit perfectly. I have a small head (hold the sophomoric comments) which measures 7 1/8, and I was afraid these would be too big for my face from the pictures I saw. In fact, they fit my face exactly as I would have hoped. They look neither too big nor too small. As for the style, they're classics. They don't fit your face...your face fits them. It just happens. I can't imagine anyone not looking great in these.

Q. Do they have the G15 lens, and should I insist on polarized? A. These do have the G15 lens, which Ray-Ban calls a green tint lens. I wasn't sure what I would get because the description doesn't call it out specifically, and the pictures certainly look like a black lens. The optics in the Clubmasters are insanely clear. You see a slightly greenish tint from the inside out, and the rest of the world sees black from the outside in. Looking at these lenses, I can immediately spot the difference between an over $100 and an under $100 pair of glasses. The green tint is quite subtle, and is hardly noticeable. Also, they are not polarized, which I think is a good thing. I have a pair of $15 polarized Wally World specials, and I use those for outdoor activities which are potentially dangerous for my Clubmasters.

Q. Will I get a pair made in China? Will those be knock-offs? A. My pair unabashedly says "Made In China," and the quality is stunning. They are well-built, all the connections are tight, and both lenses sit tightly in the frames (no issues with a loose lens as others have commented on here). Anyone who has done just a little bit of research on these knows that the Clubmasters are now made in China instead of (or in addition to) Italy. China is like any other country: with the right management and workforce, they can churn out some good stuff. And apparently Ray-Ban has some great ex-pats running their factories, 'cause these are rock solid. I would absolutely buy another style of Ray-Bans made in China. They are that good. I looked at these under a microscope (metaphorically speaking) for all the tell-tale signs of counterfeit, but I was just wasting my time; these are the real deal. I'm 34 years old, and these are the first sunglasses that I have owned that cost more than $20. You bet I looked them over real good.

Other thoughts: I'm used to curved sport sunglasses which sit nicely on top of your head when you head indoors. Sitting on your head will not do for the Clubmasters, due to their shape. It's awkward to go indoors, because the question is what do you do with your $150 sunglasses (that we smart folks on Amazon paid $50 less for) so that you don't scratch them\lose them\break them? Don't know; haven't figured that one out yet.

The straw derby/panama hat craze is in full swing right now. Not my thing, but I seem to see them on everyone. These would look absolutely authentic and correct sitting just below a short-brimmed straw panama/derby. Classic, classic look.

5.0 out of 5 stars The coolest glasses ever, March 7, 2013
I love these glasses. They are the best thing I've bought on here. I can't walk by a reflective surface without going "Damn I'm cool." Then I take them off and I'm sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service for a hard to find product, August 29, 2006
Could not locate a pair of these for love nor money in the UK. Price was right, delivery was swift, I'm delighted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sunmasters, March 22, 2007
Robert G. Johnson "RGJ" (St. Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
After looking seemingly everywhere for my favorite retro Ray-Bans (think Christopher Walken's father character in 'Catch Me If You Can'), and finally I try Amazon, and Amazon links me up with this seller and I am a happy man, finding exactly what I wanted. The seller provides enough info that you can get the right fit, something other Internet sunglass vendors do not do well. There was a glitch in the shipping (delay) but the seller promptly and courteously addressed that, shipping them overnight at no additional charge. Now if I could just get some sun!!! A strongly positive recommendation from me.

2.0 out of 5 stars "faulty", June 3, 2013
I love these sunglasses. I've had them for about 6 months and wore them lightly. One of the ear pieces fell off from the front of the frame however. I took them to the Ray Ban store because I thought it was missing a screw, turns out the piece is glued on. He called the pair of glass, "faulty" and they should be replaced. I am in the process of trying to find my warranty but am not sure I received on when I purchased these on amazon.com. I am going to try and call amazon to see if there is anything they can do, this is one of the downfalls on not purchasing them in a retail store.

1.0 out of 5 stars I thought these would last longer!, February 28, 2013
When I bought these RayBan Clubmaster sunglasses I thought they were well worth the money; stylish, comfortable, etc...
BUT,less than 4 months after purchase, the sidepiece fell right off.....I guess they are just glued in place (no screws) I tried to glue them back in place with super glue...it worked for a short time....
I thought I could send them to RayBan, but they don't warrantee if bought from another dealer.
I am so disappointed, as this is the first (and maybe last!) time that I have bought "quality" sunglasses....meaning I've never paid that much before (these cost $110)
So buyer beware of RayBan....at least this model!
No fault of Amazon, I still love their website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, March 12, 2014
These fit great and are very fashionable.They came with a hard case which was nice too. Would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ray ban for life, December 16, 2013
Ray ban are simply the best glasses out there. Its a quality product with a long history of satisfied customers. Nothing to add.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool shades!, August 2, 2013
Got these for my 16 year old son after he was looking at them for months. The price on amazon was the best out there. The ray ban quality cannot be beat. He loves them and has been taking great care of them so far-fingers crossed,

4.0 out of 5 stars Sunglasses MADE in CHINA., April 4, 2014
Sunglasses appear to be made nicely and as advertised .However they were MADE in CHINA,nothing was mentioned of this in the description ...Hope they hold out !

ARRAY(0x9c4af5a0)