1,006 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Was Hoping For...
So I agonized over the decision to buy these for at least a week...maybe two. In the end I ordered the mock tortoise Clubmasters which have the 49mm bridge, and I am thrilled with what I got. I was worried about the following:

Published on June 11, 2012 by JB

Published 7 months ago by Sandy

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Was Hoping For..., June 11, 2012
JB (Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews

Q. Would they fit my face? Could I pull off the style? A. They fit perfectly. I have a small head (hold the sophomoric comments) which measures 7 1/8, and I was afraid these would be too big for my face from the pictures I saw. In fact, they fit my face exactly as I would have hoped. They look neither too big nor too small. As for the style, they're classics. They don't fit your face...your face fits them. It just happens. I can't imagine anyone not looking great in these.

Q. Do they have the G15 lens, and should I insist on polarized? A. These do have the G15 lens, which Ray-Ban calls a green tint lens. I wasn't sure what I would get because the description doesn't call it out specifically, and the pictures certainly look like a black lens. The optics in the Clubmasters are insanely clear. You see a slightly greenish tint from the inside out, and the rest of the world sees black from the outside in. Looking at these lenses, I can immediately spot the difference between an over $100 and an under $100 pair of glasses. The green tint is quite subtle, and is hardly noticeable. Also, they are not polarized, which I think is a good thing. I have a pair of $15 polarized Wally World specials, and I use those for outdoor activities which are potentially dangerous for my Clubmasters.

Q. Will I get a pair made in China? Will those be knock-offs? A. My pair unabashedly says "Made In China," and the quality is stunning. They are well-built, all the connections are tight, and both lenses sit tightly in the frames (no issues with a loose lens as others have commented on here). Anyone who has done just a little bit of research on these knows that the Clubmasters are now made in China instead of (or in addition to) Italy. China is like any other country: with the right management and workforce, they can churn out some good stuff. And apparently Ray-Ban has some great ex-pats running their factories, 'cause these are rock solid. I would absolutely buy another style of Ray-Bans made in China. They are that good. I looked at these under a microscope (metaphorically speaking) for all the tell-tale signs of counterfeit, but I was just wasting my time; these are the real deal. I'm 34 years old, and these are the first sunglasses that I have owned that cost more than $20. You bet I looked them over real good.

Other thoughts: I'm used to curved sport sunglasses which sit nicely on top of your head when you head indoors. Sitting on your head will not do for the Clubmasters, due to their shape. It's awkward to go indoors, because the question is what do you do with your $150 sunglasses (that we smart folks on Amazon paid $50 less for) so that you don't scratch them\lose them\break them? Don't know; haven't figured that one out yet.

The straw derby/panama hat craze is in full swing right now. Not my thing, but I seem to see them on everyone. These would look absolutely authentic and correct sitting just below a short-brimmed straw panama/derby. Classic, classic look.

5.0 out of 5 stars The coolest glasses ever, March 7, 2013
I love these glasses. They are the best thing I've bought on here. I can't walk by a reflective surface without going "Damn I'm cool." Then I take them off and I'm sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Pair, January 21, 2014
I've bought these twice now. First time was November of 2012. They lasted me until a week ago when they broke, but that was my fault. Over time however they did get a little crooked. They do look great and do their job of keeping the sun from hurting your eyes. I prefer the snug fit of the 49MM size.

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal., January 9, 2013
Got these today. Came in a silver box with a red "Ray-Ban sunglasses" logo on it. Opened it up to find the signature black leather-look case. Opened that up to find the sunglasses with The Ray-Ban logo on one lens, "RB" etched into the other lens, size on the bridge of the nose, immaculate tortoise and gold frames, green lenses. On the left arm, it says "RB 3016 CLUBMASTER W0366 49 21 3N" and on the right arm, "Ray-Ban T MADE IN CHINA CE." Each nose pad has RB engraved into it. Details are perfect, these are the real deal and it was a pleasure buying from Sunglass Express.

5.0 out of 5 stars These glasses are dope., March 15, 2014
These glasses are the bees knees. I have a pair of Wayfarers and these have replaced those as my go to glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchace, July 14, 2014
At first, I was weary of spending anything over $30 for sunglasses, let alone $80+, but when these arrived today I'm glad I made the splurge. First off, these glasses are stunning; absolutely beautiful. The craftsmanship is amazing; when you wear them you can tell that they are finely crafted. What's nice, is that they are even covered under warranty by Ray-Ban even if you buy them through Amazon. They always seem to catch everyone's attention; I get compliments about them all the time. Craftsmanship and product aside, the only (minor) complaint I have is the packaging. It was shipped in a huge box with almost no packing material, which allowed the the glasses box inside to move around freely. The glasses box was pretty banged up, but thankfully the glasses themselves were still in pristine condition because they were inside of the glasses case (which was inside the glasses box). The case and microfiber cloth it comes with are great. I would suggest you make the splurge and buy these sunglasses. You won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Two tries to get it right - Crappy knock-offs arrive in first shipment. Quality Ray-Bans in the replacement order., August 5, 2014
Sandy (Westford, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Love the glasses after the first ones were returned. Ordered these glasses to replace some original early 80's Clubmasters. They arrived in a plain white box, not the traditional Ray-Ban box. The lens were scratched and there was no Ray-Ban logo on the lens. The model number on the arms was rubbed off. The nose piece and arms were loose. Clearly these were knock-offs and likely previously returned. It was very disappointing that this could happen directly from Amazon. Returned the glasses and took a chance on a replacement pair. They arrived in the Ray-Ban box with the all the normal Ray-Ban stuff inside. The glasses were the quality I expected. Wish it didn't take two tries. Hope the returned knock-offs get destroyed and not shipped to someone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tortoise/Arista Beautiful Glasses, January 20, 2015
I was really skeptical buying these seeing as they were so inexpensive compared to places like sunglass hut, but I ended up just going for it and buying a pair of tortoise/arista club masters because I have always wanted a pair of ray-bans. Yes, these are made in China, but that's normal now, so don't listen to any of the reviewers on here saying they're fake due to that. They seem like they are nice quality, though I have only worn them maybe four times (hasn't been too sunny lately), and I foresee them lasting me quite a while. They are very stylish and I'm really happy with my purchase! Though, the price has dropped since I purchased them :( (if only I waited). Anyway, great buy, not fake at all, I definitely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic look, February 17, 2014
I collect sunglasses and these fit the bill. The frames fit nicely and the lenses look great. I like the reddish lenses help highlight things in a lower light situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School, March 24, 2014
I wore these back in the 80's and love them and was shocked they were still available when I checked and at a great price. I do wish they made them a bit wider for a more comfortable and appealing look (but my big head is my problem) I recommend highly!

Ray-Ban RB3016 Classic Clubmaster Sunglasses