Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ray-Ban RB3016 Classic Clubmaster Sunglasses
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 7, 2013
I love these glasses. They are the best thing I've bought on here. I can't walk by a reflective surface without going "Damn I'm cool." Then I take them off and I'm sad.
55 comments|216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2012
So I agonized over the decision to buy these for at least a week...maybe two. In the end I ordered the mock tortoise Clubmasters which have the 49mm bridge, and I am thrilled with what I got. I was worried about the following:

Q. Would they fit my face? Could I pull off the style? A. They fit perfectly. I have a small head (hold the sophomoric comments) which measures 7 1/8, and I was afraid these would be too big for my face from the pictures I saw. In fact, they fit my face exactly as I would have hoped. They look neither too big nor too small. As for the style, they're classics. They don't fit your face...your face fits them. It just happens. I can't imagine anyone not looking great in these.

Q. Do they have the G15 lens, and should I insist on polarized? A. These do have the G15 lens, which Ray-Ban calls a green tint lens. I wasn't sure what I would get because the description doesn't call it out specifically, and the pictures certainly look like a black lens. The optics in the Clubmasters are insanely clear. You see a slightly greenish tint from the inside out, and the rest of the world sees black from the outside in. Looking at these lenses, I can immediately spot the difference between an over $100 and an under $100 pair of glasses. The green tint is quite subtle, and is hardly noticeable. Also, they are not polarized, which I think is a good thing. I have a pair of $15 polarized Wally World specials, and I use those for outdoor activities which are potentially dangerous for my Clubmasters.

Q. Will I get a pair made in China? Will those be knock-offs? A. My pair unabashedly says "Made In China," and the quality is stunning. They are well-built, all the connections are tight, and both lenses sit tightly in the frames (no issues with a loose lens as others have commented on here). Anyone who has done just a little bit of research on these knows that the Clubmasters are now made in China instead of (or in addition to) Italy. China is like any other country: with the right management and workforce, they can churn out some good stuff. And apparently Ray-Ban has some great ex-pats running their factories, 'cause these are rock solid. I would absolutely buy another style of Ray-Bans made in China. They are that good. I looked at these under a microscope (metaphorically speaking) for all the tell-tale signs of counterfeit, but I was just wasting my time; these are the real deal. I'm 34 years old, and these are the first sunglasses that I have owned that cost more than $20. You bet I looked them over real good.

Other thoughts: I'm used to curved sport sunglasses which sit nicely on top of your head when you head indoors. Sitting on your head will not do for the Clubmasters, due to their shape. It's awkward to go indoors, because the question is what do you do with your $150 sunglasses (that we smart folks on Amazon paid $50 less for) so that you don't scratch them\lose them\break them? Don't know; haven't figured that one out yet.

The straw derby/panama hat craze is in full swing right now. Not my thing, but I seem to see them on everyone. These would look absolutely authentic and correct sitting just below a short-brimmed straw panama/derby. Classic, classic look.
99 comments|187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2014
I've bought these twice now. First time was November of 2012. They lasted me until a week ago when they broke, but that was my fault. Over time however they did get a little crooked. They do look great and do their job of keeping the sun from hurting your eyes. I prefer the snug fit of the 49MM size.
review image review image
11 comment|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2015
FAKE FAKE FAKE!!! At first glance they look real. Upon closer inspection they are not. The "Tortoise shell" material doesn't look right. Where the horn rims on the front end they are squared off instead of a gentle rounded shape.

WHAT THE HECK?! All of the customer images look right. But, the ones I received are most certainly fake.
Does anyone have an explanation?
review image review image review image
22 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2014
At first, I was weary of spending anything over $30 for sunglasses, let alone $80+, but when these arrived today I'm glad I made the splurge. First off, these glasses are stunning; absolutely beautiful. The craftsmanship is amazing; when you wear them you can tell that they are finely crafted. What's nice, is that they are even covered under warranty by Ray-Ban even if you buy them through Amazon. They always seem to catch everyone's attention; I get compliments about them all the time. Craftsmanship and product aside, the only (minor) complaint I have is the packaging. It was shipped in a huge box with almost no packing material, which allowed the the glasses box inside to move around freely. The glasses box was pretty banged up, but thankfully the glasses themselves were still in pristine condition because they were inside of the glasses case (which was inside the glasses box). The case and microfiber cloth it comes with are great. I would suggest you make the splurge and buy these sunglasses. You won't be disappointed.
review image review image review image
55 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2015
I was really skeptical buying these seeing as they were so inexpensive compared to places like sunglass hut, but I ended up just going for it and buying a pair of tortoise/arista club masters because I have always wanted a pair of ray-bans. Yes, these are made in China, but that's normal now, so don't listen to any of the reviewers on here saying they're fake due to that. They seem like they are nice quality, though I have only worn them maybe four times (hasn't been too sunny lately), and I foresee them lasting me quite a while. They are very stylish and I'm really happy with my purchase! Though, the price has dropped since I purchased them :( (if only I waited). Anyway, great buy, not fake at all, I definitely recommend them.
review image
11 comment|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2013
Got these today. Came in a silver box with a red "Ray-Ban sunglasses" logo on it. Opened it up to find the signature black leather-look case. Opened that up to find the sunglasses with The Ray-Ban logo on one lens, "RB" etched into the other lens, size on the bridge of the nose, immaculate tortoise and gold frames, green lenses. On the left arm, it says "RB 3016 CLUBMASTER W0366 49 21 3N" and on the right arm, "Ray-Ban T MADE IN CHINA CE." Each nose pad has RB engraved into it. Details are perfect, these are the real deal and it was a pleasure buying from Sunglass Express.
33 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2015
These are my jam! I wear them every single day! The only thing is that I thought they were more blue than green, but they are completely green. Delivery took a little long, as expected, but everything was ok.
on July 4, 2015
Everything I had hoped for! They make me feel cooler than I really am 😎

Also they are legit
on February 21, 2016
These sunglasses are looking great on me! I got the 51mm and it fits perfectly on my face. They are legit, they come with the standard boxing of the glasses, case, cloth, and other papers. They are made from China, but they have moved their manufacturing there so they are valid. Here are some sources where Ray-Ban products are being manufactured outside of Italy.

If you look for shadesdaddy and quora topic on authenticity of ray bans made in places other than Italy, there are some interesting information worth considering. I believe that shadesdaddy and quora are trustworthy sources to vouch the authenticity. I would also go to an optometrist and verify with one of their lenses specialist.

I ust really love the glossy blackness of the frame and the pure looking gold finish. These have got to be the best purchase I made on glasses. I am even thinking of getting prescription sunglasses placed in them. It is too bad I can use these existing lenses and add a prescription to them, that would save on some glass and money.

I sweat a lot and my face becomes oily. When I took these out on a nice day, obviously they would become really oily really fast.. But at the end of the day after taking them off and examining them, they looked pretty clean to me. Maybe it is just the design of the material on the frame that repels that? They will most likely get dirty like all my other glasses that I have worn. Can't fix that.

More to come after a couple more days of wearing them in the bright sunshine!

####UPDATE####

Are the club master rb3016 sold on Amazon authentic? Ray-Ban Clubmaster Classic Sunglasses, Black/Green Classic G-15 Lens, 51 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Q5NC8Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_r6qZwbT5Y5WZM

Hello Benjamin
Thanks for the email. We appreciate your interest in Ray-Ban.
While our list of online dealers is always changing, I have listed a few of the larger sites that we have partnered with below. If you come across another site you would like to verify, please feel free to let us know. I hope this helps. Thanks for your time.

www.Ray-Ban.com
www.SunglassHut.com
www.Zappos.com
www.Amazon.com (no third-party dealers on Amazon - only direct from Amazon purchases)
www.FramesDirect.com
www.LensCrafters.com
www.PearleVision.com
Please let us know if we can assist you with any future inquiries.

Victoria