Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ray-Ban Men's Polarized Aviator RB3025-002/58-62 Black Aviator Sunglasses
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on March 12, 2015
I got the all black ones and i absolutely love them. They are half the price of the ones i almost bought at sunglass hut and you can tell they are authentic by the engraved "RB." I think I am going to order another pair!!
review image review image
1313 comments|271 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2010
I have a pair of new wayfarers which I love, and decided I wanted some aviators. I chose gunmetal grey, g-15 XLT, nice understated color, and not mirror lenses. But beyond being absolutely sure which color I wanted, I ended up being the Goldilocks of sunglasses.

First I got the small 52mm aviators, which ended up being WAY too small for me. I learned the hard way that the mm sizes is not specifically the distance across your face, it's the size of each lens. I have the 52mm in the new wayfarers which fit perfectly, so don't let that lead you to a size in aviators, because the size doesn't translate. So then I got the 55mm in the aviators and they were a tad snug on the side of my face. Then I ordered the 58mm. These seem to be the best choice for me and I realllly love them. They're lightweight and comfortable.

In the end, I learned the mm size will have a little to do with the distance across the face, being the lens get bigger, but it just wasn't as cut and dry as I thought. It's really best to try these on in person before ordering to know which size fits you best. Good luck!
1313 comments|499 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2015
I am so disappointed to see that the Ray Ban printed on the Glass is chipping out in just a little over one month after I bought it. See the image.
review image
55 comments|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2014
I love Ray-Ban sunglasses and have numerous pairs in my collection. I had purchased the flash green-mirrored aviators a few weeks ago from Sunglass Express which indeed were authentic (compared thoroughly with the pairs in my collection). Loved them- beautiful fit & perfect condition.

As I was incredibly happy with this pair, I decided to purchase another pair from Sunglass Express (packaged by Amazon). The pair I purchased were the 55mm Brown Gradient Aviators.

1. It did not come in 55mm, the pair shipped to me were 58mm.
2. They were 100% non-authentic.

Yes, they did have all the signature Ray-Ban markings, BUT I knew as soon as I took them out of the case that the quality did not feel right. I then proceeded to look closer at the sunglasses and although markings were in the correct place, the "RB" which is supposed to be ENGRAVED on the right side of the sunglass frame was simply sketched. The RB was flat, unlike my authentic Ray-Ban aviators, which you can feel with your nail that it is indeed engraved in the glass.

This leads me to... How can a company sell some sunglasses which are authentic & some which are not?

Please, please beware of this simple way to find out if your Ray-Bans are NOT replicas.

DO NOT purchase the Large Metal Gold Gradient Ray-Bans, you will not get what you paid for.
22 comments|175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2015
Awesome
on October 14, 2013
I dont believe these are authentic ray bans. Sticker was not attached when I received the item and the ray ban logo was not sketched in.
77 comments|195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2015
on January 29, 2013
The cover of the sunglasses seems fake. I already own the same glasses. Even the shine of the golden frame is not as good. No authentication certificate with hologram which normally accompanies the ray ban? I am doubtful! Better try & buy from local vendor.
22 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My Ray-Ban 3025 Aviator sunglasses arrived today, and I'm completely satisfied. What I received was undoubtably the REAL Ray-Ban product: packaged in a Ray-Ban box with sticker on the end including the 'Made in Italy' statement and including the Ray-Ban sunglasses case, a small 'manufacturer's information note' paper that is written in no less than 24 languages (!!!) - and I'm not joking (I counted). Plus a small marketing brochure 'The Icons' telling the story of Ray-Ban, and finally a lens cleaning cloth with the Ray-Ban logo. The sunglasses themselves have the Ray-Ban logo etched on the right lens prominently, and very subtly etched on the left lens.

So, that's the package. It's as pictured here, and I start with that description because there is always going to be some trepidation at buying something like this online. Will you get The Real Deal, or a cheap knock-off? Well, I purchased mine from Amazon, not from a third-party seller, to reduce that risk, and I am not disappointed.

Now to the sunglasses themselves. I think that there are a few things to know, for someone considering Ray-Ban sunglasses:

- they come in a very wide variety of frame sizes, lens tints and colors, polarized and non-polarized, and with different frame colors and finishes. If you are not already familiar with these sunglasses and know what you want, then my recommendation is that you first go to the Ray-Ban website and familiarize yourself with those variations, especially if you think that you will want something other than the Traditional Gold Frame, Green Lens sunglass. Once at the Ray-Ban website, select 'customize' at the top, and you'll find yourself on a page where you have the full ability to vary the choices I've summarized below. These variations can all be found on Amazon although navigating through all of the sellers and product pages on Amazon that list the different variations of these sunglasses can be very time consuming and confusing.

- For the 3025 Aviator style, the following variations are available:
--- There are no less than 35 choices of lenses - 'classic', 'legends', 'gradient', 'mirrored and flash', and 'polarized'
--- There are 8 variations in frame color - basic colors of gold and matte gold, and 'trendy' colors of black and 5 others
--- There are 5 choices of temple tips (the end of the earpiece) - black or white as basic choices, and brown, beige or transparent also available
--- There are a three different sizes available for the Ray-Ban Large Aviator RB3025. THIS IS IMPORTANT:
----------- 58 14 135: the basic standard size is 58 mm lens diameter, 14 mm bridge width, with temple length 135 mm
----------- 55 14 135: slightly smaller lens size, with same bridge width and temple length
----------- 62 14 140: larger lens size and temple length
--- There are also further variations to the Aviator sunglass:
----------- Large Aviator II RB3026: only available as 62 14 140
----------- Small Aviator RB3044: only available as 52 14 135
----------- Folding Aviator RB3479: available in 55 14 140 and 58 14 145
----------- Outdoorsman II RB3029 (includes 'brow bar' or 'sweat bar'): available in 62 14 140
----------- Outdoorsman RB3030 (includes ''brow bar' or 'sweat bar' plus cable temples): available in 58 14 160
----------- Outdoorsman II Rainbow RB3407 (with 'brow bar' in pink and possibly other color variations): available in 55 14 135 and 58 14 135
----------- Outdoorsman II Craft RB3422Q (with 'brow bar' and temple pads in genuine hand stitched deer leather): available in 58 14 135
----------- Shooter RB3138 (with 'brow bar' or 'sweat bar' and a small circle just below the brow bar. Also the lenses are placed closer together than other Aviator models): available in 58 09 135

- once you have figured out what you want, then the complexity is reduced and it's simply a matter of determining which seller is offering the best price. My own choice was to purchase from Amazon, not from a third-party seller, and I actually ordered two different pairs of sunglasses because I wanted to try both the polarized and non-polarized lenses, and the choices I found also had some variation in frame color that I thought would be worth checking out. I therefore purchased for myself, from Amazon, the following two pairs:

Ray-Ban Men's Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses, RB3025, 58mm, polarized lens, grey frame, 135 mm temple
Ray-Ban Men's Aviator Large Metal Non-Polarized Sunglasses, RB3025, 58mm, gold frame, 135 mm temple

The quality of these sunglasses is apparent from the first moment when you remove them from the case. The frames are very high quality, and the gold frame in particular is finished to a high polish and looks absolutely fabulous. The gray frame is less distinctive but equally handsome. I haven't used them in the sunlight for long enough yet to be able to know the difference between the polarized and non-polarized lenses, but my expectation is that the polarized lenses will be my choice for the brightest days and outdoor use, particularly occasions such as on the water. Both glasses provide a good degree of sun protection without darkening my vision overmuch. And both provide the UV protection that my eye doctor told me to get.

I think that some adjustment is going to be necessary, to the nose pieces as well as the temples, to get these to fit exactly right. I'll take them to one of the local optometrist shops and see if I can get them to help with that, so that they are adjusted correctly.

Ray-Ban 3025 Aviator. I'm pleased with my choice.
on July 21, 2015
I come from China heilongjiang province
Chinese friends to see this is our fate, my wechat is 4073749