Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Shop Now HTL

on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Customer Care Specialist |

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2015
I got the all black ones and i absolutely love them. They are half the price of the ones i almost bought at sunglass hut and you can tell they are authentic by the engraved "RB." I think I am going to order another pair!!
review image review image
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2010
I have a pair of new wayfarers which I love, and decided I wanted some aviators. I chose gunmetal grey, g-15 XLT, nice understated color, and not mirror lenses. But beyond being absolutely sure which color I wanted, I ended up being the Goldilocks of sunglasses.

First I got the small 52mm aviators, which ended up being WAY too small for me. I learned the hard way that the mm sizes is not specifically the distance across your face, it's the size of each lens. I have the 52mm in the new wayfarers which fit perfectly, so don't let that lead you to a size in aviators, because the size doesn't translate. So then I got the 55mm in the aviators and they were a tad snug on the side of my face. Then I ordered the 58mm. These seem to be the best choice for me and I realllly love them. They're lightweight and comfortable.

In the end, I learned the mm size will have a little to do with the distance across the face, being the lens get bigger, but it just wasn't as cut and dry as I thought. It's really best to try these on in person before ordering to know which size fits you best. Good luck!
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2015
I am so disappointed to see that the Ray Ban printed on the Glass is chipping out in just a little over one month after I bought it. See the image.
review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2015
I'm sorry to say but these are absolutely fake. They are the best fake Ray Bans I've seen and it fooled me when I received them.

I compared them with one's that I ended up buying from a sunglass shop and found differences between the two. The pictures, from right to left, are pictures I took of the "real, fake, fake(top) vs real(bottom), fake(right) vs real(left), fake, real' pairs of Ray Bans.

Here's what I found about the fake pair...
1. The print on the Ray Ban case isn't perfect like the actual Ray Ban case (the "e" in Protection is smudged and overall the print isn't as clean-cut as the real case)
2. The information cards are different, and are scanned copies of a real Ray Ban information pamphlet (the white type is darker than the original, almost a light gray, and images of sunglass lenses show a wavy texture, indicating that it is a scanned copy)
3. On my food scale (yes, I did weight them because I was very upset and frustrated) the fakes weigh 28-30mg whereas the real ones weight 30-32mg. And when you look at them side by side, you can definitely notice that they are different, even though they are the same style make.
4. I couldn't get a picture that depicted the difference, but the fake lenses have a different gleam on the inside of the lens. I think the fakes are actually polarized, but not to the same quality as the real pair.

I never write Amazon reviews but I was very upset by this purchase and decided to finally write one. I hope this helps anyone looking to buy some Ray Bans! I recommend buying through Groupon or keep searching on Amazon. I ended up buying my pair at a store registered through Groupon.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2014
I love Ray-Ban sunglasses and have numerous pairs in my collection. I had purchased the flash green-mirrored aviators a few weeks ago from Sunglass Express which indeed were authentic (compared thoroughly with the pairs in my collection). Loved them- beautiful fit & perfect condition.

As I was incredibly happy with this pair, I decided to purchase another pair from Sunglass Express (packaged by Amazon). The pair I purchased were the 55mm Brown Gradient Aviators.

1. It did not come in 55mm, the pair shipped to me were 58mm.
2. They were 100% non-authentic.

Yes, they did have all the signature Ray-Ban markings, BUT I knew as soon as I took them out of the case that the quality did not feel right. I then proceeded to look closer at the sunglasses and although markings were in the correct place, the "RB" which is supposed to be ENGRAVED on the right side of the sunglass frame was simply sketched. The RB was flat, unlike my authentic Ray-Ban aviators, which you can feel with your nail that it is indeed engraved in the glass.

This leads me to... How can a company sell some sunglasses which are authentic & some which are not?

Please, please beware of this simple way to find out if your Ray-Bans are NOT replicas.

DO NOT purchase the Large Metal Gold Gradient Ray-Bans, you will not get what you paid for.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
I dont believe these are authentic ray bans. Sticker was not attached when I received the item and the ray ban logo was not sketched in.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2014
Do not buy amazon third party products! I bought a piece of sunglasses is fake! ! ! ! I received the sunglasses lenses are blue and purple! rayban 3025 did not even out over the blue-purple sunglasses! I checked on the Internet! Fakes are sold blue-purple! Very depressed!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2014
Title says it all. Damn good replicas, but replicas none the less. Something seemed off as I have owned these exact sunglasses before and was replacing them since they were lost. Wasn't positive though so I sent them to RayBan and they confirmed these are replicas.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2015
Watch out, these are very clever fakes. They got me, don't let them get you too. If you go ahead and buy them anyways. Flick an authentic pair of Ray-Ban lens with your fingernail and listen to the sound. Then flick these lens and listen. You'll notice a distinct difference. I have 5 pairs of Ray-Bans I bought from and they all have the same sound. The 2 pairs I bought from Hong Kong sound the same as each other, but different than the other 5 pairs I have. It's because they use a low quality lens and the color wears off. Please don't buy and support scammers.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse