Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Customer Care Specialist |

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2015
I'm sorry to say but these are absolutely fake. They are the best fake Ray Bans I've seen and it fooled me when I received them.

I compared them with one's that I ended up buying from a sunglass shop and found differences between the two. The pictures, from right to left, are pictures I took of the "real, fake, fake(top) vs real(bottom), fake(right) vs real(left), fake, real' pairs of Ray Bans.

Here's what I found about the fake pair...
1. The print on the Ray Ban case isn't perfect like the actual Ray Ban case (the "e" in Protection is smudged and overall the print isn't as clean-cut as the real case)
2. The information cards are different, and are scanned copies of a real Ray Ban information pamphlet (the white type is darker than the original, almost a light gray, and images of sunglass lenses show a wavy texture, indicating that it is a scanned copy)
3. On my food scale (yes, I did weight them because I was very upset and frustrated) the fakes weigh 28-30mg whereas the real ones weight 30-32mg. And when you look at them side by side, you can definitely notice that they are different, even though they are the same style make.
4. I couldn't get a picture that depicted the difference, but the fake lenses have a different gleam on the inside of the lens. I think the fakes are actually polarized, but not to the same quality as the real pair.

I never write Amazon reviews but I was very upset by this purchase and decided to finally write one. I hope this helps anyone looking to buy some Ray Bans! I recommend buying through Groupon or keep searching on Amazon. I ended up buying my pair at a store registered through Groupon.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on January 18, 2014
Title says it all. Damn good replicas, but replicas none the less. Something seemed off as I have owned these exact sunglasses before and was replacing them since they were lost. Wasn't positive though so I sent them to RayBan and they confirmed these are replicas.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2012
I first bought this one on ebay from "smart liquidation" $102, they came in and I knew that they were fake, because i have the real one from sunglass hut. only 4 out of 700 people knew about it being fake and gave him bad feedback, so i had pay $5 to ship it back. that person is making a lot money selling fake ray bans which is illegal. That being said, this amazon seller's sunglasses are 100% authentic when i compared it to the one i have already. and the price is about the same as ebay. I also live in florida and it came in 5 days. even though it said 18 days at least. Best Deal ever since I paid $150 plus tax so $160. Go to sunglass hut try on sunglasses. amazon will have lower prices.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2014
This is my second pair of 62mm Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses- the 1st pair did not have Polarized Lenses, which are great also. I recently bought a pair of RB2025 in Black with polarized lenses and look forward to using the glasses while driving. I like the larger 62mm lenses as I get better coverage when I need the sunglasses the most- when driving.

However, to buy these glasses took me a long time due to receiving counterfeits . The first pair I bought from an Amazon competitor auction company and received a counterfeit pair of glasses.

I will not go into details about how to determine if you have a pair of fake Ray Ban glasses or not, as you can Google that information and there are Utube videos available.

Because I received the first pair of fakes, I decided to buy from Amazon using my Prime account, but Amazon direct did not offer the glasses, so I picked a company that Amazon distributed their glasses for. I emailed that company and asked if the glasses were: From Italy and if they were 100% real Ray Ban Glasses, which the company response was yes. So I purchased the glasses and received another pair of counterfeit Ray Bans. All of the items were real except the Glasses-as if switched out by the company. Also, the pair I received was NOT 62mm and 58mm. I, of course, returned the fake wrong size glasses.

So, be careful. Find out how to determine the difference between a fake pair and a real pair of Ray Ban sunglasses.

Luxottica is the manufacturer of Ray Ban glasses. Currently Ray Ban glasses are made in Italy or China. In my opinion, I would not buy a pair of Ray Ban glasses that are made in China. Sure, the quality of the glasses will be the same, but the fact that the glasses are made in China and not Italy, simply cheapens the glasses and my guess will also effect the resale value- which should be considered.

Also, we as consumers should send a message Luxottica and NOT purchase products that were originally made in Italy now make in China for the same price. If Luxottica wants to make their glasses in China for a lesser cost, why not pass the savings on to the consumer. As, you can imagine, there profits from glasses made in China would probably triple.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2014
These glasses are AMAZING! so unique and delicate. They are great for the summer. I bought the 55mm because i have a smaller face so they're just right.
review image review image review image review image
on March 20, 2015
It is not the same color! I mean I got different color not the same color that show in here. I really dislike it & see the pic I post it to make sure it is different
on March 22, 2014
I decided to buy my bestfriend a pair for his 20th birthday since he has been bugging me since high school to borrow one of my many RayBans. I have been wearing RB's since I was 12 years and I have a pair that is over 60 years old that my dad gave me. I decided to order the black and gold frame Aviators for my buddy since I had an amazon gift card to spare.

Once I got the glasses it seemed that they were heavier then usual. I didn't mind it at first since I thought it might be a redesigned pair. Because I'm a bit of an OCD person when it comes to my shades I decided to order a pair straight from Rayban. I order the same exact pair and once the box came I could tell that even the pouch was made differently and looked more professional. Once I grabbed the glasses out of the case I could already tell the weight was different. When I put the glasses on the deal broke for me, the glasses from RayBan felt more comfortable and had that weight I was used to. Even the glass on the real pair was more clear then the amazon pair.

If you are really wanting to buy a pair I recommend to go right threw the source. I can say I'm disappointed that Amazon and it's co-sellers are running this great company and product to the ground.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2015
I love them. Delivery was on time. I will order again..
on October 7, 2014