Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2222 comments| 505 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
Purchased, and compared directly with the real thing purchased at Macy's. The seller was Lunettes4me. DO NOT believe them. The seller also disputed my review of them as selling knock-off items advertised as genuine. They insist these are genuine. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does apparently make different colored carrying cases, the knock-offs came with a brown case of lesser quality than the genuine ones. Genuine case was black for this model purchased at Macy's.
- Flocking (soft fuzzy stuff) inside carrying case was deposited all over the sunglasses and came off on your hands
- Documentation lettering is fuzzy due to being photo copied.
- No address for Luxottica Group on the included documentation. It's there on genuine product.
- Feel of the arms moving when opening/closing were not smooth like on a genuine pair.
- Slight defect on one of the plastic pieces that go over the ear. Quality Control from Ray Ban would have caught this.
- Screen printing color and size was different (lighter red-tone, larger, and not as sharp) on the cleaning cloth
- If you have a real pair to compare with, and a magnifying glass, the RB etching on the lens was not the same as a real pair. Very close, but not the same.

I fault Amazon for letting this fraud continue. I pointed it out to Amazon, and the response was of course to ensure I received a full refund; however, there was absolutely NO interest on Amazon's part in dealing with the seller regarding the fact they are passing off knock-offs to unsuspecting customers.
on July 30, 2012
I first bought this one on ebay from "smart liquidation" $102, they came in and I knew that they were fake, because i have the real one from sunglass hut. only 4 out of 700 people knew about it being fake and gave him bad feedback, so i had pay $5 to ship it back. that person is making a lot money selling fake ray bans which is illegal. That being said, this amazon seller's sunglasses are 100% authentic when i compared it to the one i have already. and the price is about the same as ebay. I also live in florida and it came in 5 days. even though it said 18 days at least. Best Deal ever since I paid $150 plus tax so $160. Go to sunglass hut try on sunglasses. amazon will have lower prices.
22 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2015
I received mine a few days ago and after some researching and comparison found mine was not genuine. While the sunglasses are almost identical to a genuine one, the packaging had too many red flags for me. I would say it's a rather high grade fake. Am really disappointed.
on March 23, 2016
Authentic Ray-Bans. This was the second pair we ordered. The first pair was a size 55 and they looked like child sized glasses on my husband's face. He lost his old pair and we couldn't figure out what size he previously had. He did not want the over sized large ones that I love. We bought these in a size 62 and they were exactly what he wanted. You can't beat the quality of Ray-Ban's and you can't beat the price on Amazon!!
review image
on May 8, 2014
When I bought this item I did not realize there were two separate pictures for it. If you click on the link beside the picture on this review you'll notice it takes you to a page with pictures taken directly off of the RayBan site. The frame has a little more shine to it, the lenses are a little lighter, and the logo on the top of the right lens is etched not painted. These look to be two completely different pairs of RayBans. I can't tell if the ones I was sent (the darker pair in the pic with the review) are truly authentic or not. I cannot find a pair like them on the RayBan site they could be an older model that is no longer offered which could explain the discounted price. If they are fake I will say someone put the time and effort into them to make them look real but they are not what I ordered and Amazon needs to fix their picture link.
on April 28, 2010
After many, many years of buying $10 "cheap sunglasses" I finally decided to see if the people who said good glasses were worth it. Unfortunately, after dropping $[...] on a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators, only a year later, they got smashed in a bad bicycle accident. The fact that I ordered a new pair a few days later is a testament to how convinced I am that good sunglasses with glass lenses are worth it.

On the first day, a pair of Aviators don't feel significantly different from the $10 knock-offs. They aren't lighter, the image isn't clearer, the eye protection isn't better, they don't look better on me. But after just a few weeks of mild use, the cheap plastic-lens glasses start to get smudges and tiny scratches, almost too tiny to see. You don't notice it at first because it progresses so slowly and gradually, but little by little, the view through them gets muddled, they get harder to clean, and you start hating them, all without even realizing. One day you get new ones and the sudden contrast is striking -- wow, these are so much better! That's your only clue for how bad the old ones really had gotten by such slow stages you never noticed.

Glass-lens, good quality sunglasses are like that first day every day. They don't develop the smudges, the scratches, the difficulty with being cleaned, the gradual degradation of quality. The day that I lost them, they were as crisp and clear, they looked as good, they fit as well, and they worked as well as the first day.

If they cost ten times as much, they ought to last ten times as long to be worth it. And assuming you don't sit on them, lose them, or get into a bike accident with them on like I did, they should do that easily. But even if they don't quite last that long, they might still be worth it. After all, ten pairs of cheap sunglasses that are smudgy and unpleasant to wear for at least half of their lives is not as nice an experience as one pair that's wonderful every day.
11 comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2016
Purchased from the seller: BlueMoonDeals

The Rayban 55mm polarized sunglasses with green lenses and gold frame which I ordered didn't have the white writing on the left inside temple. Real ones should have this.

Also, in bright sunlight there were gray dots in the lens.

In comparison to a recent "identical" pair which I bought from a RayBan store, these are flimsier and lighter in weight, and the lenses are more dull.
on January 21, 2016
I was so afraid like everybody else to buy this product. ..like the most of reviews and advices i decided for the 58mm and unfortunately wasn't my right size, too big and because is a very light mount was sliding every 2 sec out of my face, so i returned and received the 55mm instead , now I'm very pleasant, excellent condition of the product and very nice quality too, mines are made in Italy. My better suggestion is go to a Sears just to try the size and then order here because the price is really really good!!!
review image
on January 10, 2016
I have chronic dry eye problems and must wear sunglasses whenever I am outside so I am very familiar with different brands and I own 3 pairs of RayBan RB3025 which are my go-to sunglasses if I know I am going to be wearing them any length of time, like 3-4 hours straight. Other brands just become too uncomfortable after an hour or so.

With all the gorgeous new colors RB is now producing, I ordered two pairs of Ray-Ban RB3025, one a dark purple, Violet Mirror, and one pair of a lighter purple, Lilac Mirror. I thought I would give one pair to my niece as a surprise gift.

Both pairs of sunglasses were delivered in the same box but when I opened up the individual RB boxes, I was surprised to find two pairs of dark purple, Violet Mirror, sunglasses. The sunglasses were identical but oddly enough the numbers on the boxes and on the sunglasses were different.

Now how can this be? Same exact color, style, etc but different numbers on the RayBan package and sunglasses arm.

Originally, I was thinking that there was a mistake in the packing and someone put two identical pairs of RayBan instead of the dark purple and lilac pair that I had ordered. But with further investigation, I found that the ID numbers on the box and the sunglasses were different, even though visually both pairs of sunglasses were identical in color, size and every other aspect. Logically, if the sunglasses were identical shouldn't they have identical style, color, etc numbers?