This is my second pair of 62mm Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses- the 1st pair did not have Polarized Lenses, which are great also. I recently bought a pair of RB2025 in Black with polarized lenses and look forward to using the glasses while driving. I like the larger 62mm lenses as I get better coverage when I need the sunglasses the most- when driving.

However, to...
Published 7 months ago by David Norwood

1.0 out of 5 stars Well, that was unfortunate
I ordered this pair of sunglasses for my husband as an xmas gift. I felt secure in the purchase because this was originally listed as 'sold by Amazon' as opposed to merely 'fulfilled by Amazon'.

Well, something changed I guess.

Published 10 months ago by Bagelbob

1.0 out of 5 stars Well, that was unfortunate, December 26, 2013

Well, something changed I guess.

Unfortunately, I cannot speak in terms of the seller because I cannot say who ended up actually filling this order, but it wasn't Amazon.

I would also like, at the very least, to say that I received a fake pair of Ray Ban aviators, but that is far too generous. A fake implies that some effort was put in to make the product mirror that which I thought I was buying. Wouldn't that be nice? But nope. I received a random pair of 5-dollar aviator sunglasses with a Ray Ban sticker on them. No markings on the frames, no markings on the lenses, not even the slightest effort made to trick me. To that I feel somewhat insulted. I cannot imagine a world existing where a person would receive this product and think "awesome, just what I paid $150 dollars for!!" What a joke.

Because I made the specific effort to assure I was ordering directly from Amazon and still had my order fulfilled by some random seller, I would encourage any shopper looking at this sort of item to walk away, save your money, and spend a few more dollars for the privilege of not getting ripped off. As a long time Amazon shopper, I can say that my confidence in this company has been significantly shaken.

I love xmas - it gives me a chance to finally spoil the people who I love and who do so much for me throughout the year. Thanks for finally allowing me to bestow upon someone an awful pair of random sunglasses in a ripped up, fake Ray Ban box. A dream come true. Unbelievable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Ray Ban, September 30, 2013
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025P Aviator Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I would have given no star to this product if the system allowed.

I have the same doubt as some of the previous reviews. These sunglasses from Sunglass Express are suspect.
I ordered a pair of Ray Ban RB3025 Aviator to surprise my dad for his birthday two months ago but found out recently it's a fake one when giving it to my dad.

1) There is no little etching of "RB" on either of the lenses of the sunglasses.
2) The sunglasses is way too heavier compared to my own pair of Aviator.
3) The box used the different materials.

I'm very disappointed but it's too late to return the product. I wish Amazon could eventually do something to stop vendors to sell fake stuff on the site.
DO NOT BUY your sunglasses here even though it seems a great deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ray Aviator 62mm is the way to go. Only buy if made in Italy NOT China. Be careful you do not receive a counterfeit pair., March 3, 2014
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025P Aviator Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)

However, to buy these glasses took me a long time due to receiving counterfeits . The first pair I bought from an Amazon competitor auction company and received a counterfeit pair of glasses.

I will not go into details about how to determine if you have a pair of fake Ray Ban glasses or not, as you can Google that information and there are Utube videos available.

Because I received the first pair of fakes, I decided to buy from Amazon using my Prime account, but Amazon direct did not offer the glasses, so I picked a company that Amazon distributed their glasses for. I emailed that company and asked if the glasses were: From Italy and if they were 100% real Ray Ban Glasses, which the company response was yes. So I purchased the glasses and received another pair of counterfeit Ray Bans. All of the items were real except the Glasses-as if switched out by the company. Also, the pair I received was NOT 62mm and 58mm. I, of course, returned the fake wrong size glasses.

So, be careful. Find out how to determine the difference between a fake pair and a real pair of Ray Ban sunglasses.

Luxottica is the manufacturer of Ray Ban glasses. Currently Ray Ban glasses are made in Italy or China. In my opinion, I would not buy a pair of Ray Ban glasses that are made in China. Sure, the quality of the glasses will be the same, but the fact that the glasses are made in China and not Italy, simply cheapens the glasses and my guess will also effect the resale value- which should be considered.

Also, we as consumers should send a message Luxottica and NOT purchase products that were originally made in Italy now make in China for the same price. If Luxottica wants to make their glasses in China for a lesser cost, why not pass the savings on to the consumer. As, you can imagine, there profits from glasses made in China would probably triple.

1.0 out of 5 stars I suspect The Authenticity Of These Raybans, March 3, 2013
This is my second pair. The first pair were damaged, the Rayban box they came in was damaged, but not the outside box. I returned them and am still awaiting my refund.

Immediately after returning these I ordered a second pair and they had the same defect, (nose pads/fit couldn't adjust/loose sloppy fit) so I took them to two local opticians and was told the same thing. They pointed out issues normally associated with pirated items, such as the screws holding in the stems were of different colors/length, polarization not strong, glue residue where it should never be, different box than the model the glasses came in, damage in the glasses and inside boxes but the outside shipping boxes were undamaged and clean.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you are serious buyer read plz, March 22, 2014
I decided to buy my bestfriend a pair for his 20th birthday since he has been bugging me since high school to borrow one of my many RayBans. I have been wearing RB's since I was 12 years and I have a pair that is over 60 years old that my dad gave me. I decided to order the black and gold frame Aviators for my buddy since I had an amazon gift card to spare.

Once I got the glasses it seemed that they were heavier then usual. I didn't mind it at first since I thought it might be a redesigned pair. Because I'm a bit of an OCD person when it comes to my shades I decided to order a pair straight from Rayban. I order the same exact pair and once the box came I could tell that even the pouch was made differently and looked more professional. Once I grabbed the glasses out of the case I could already tell the weight was different. When I put the glasses on the deal broke for me, the glasses from RayBan felt more comfortable and had that weight I was used to. Even the glass on the real pair was more clear then the amazon pair.

If you are really wanting to buy a pair I recommend to go right threw the source. I can say I'm disappointed that Amazon and it's co-sellers are running this great company and product to the ground.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, January 25, 2014
I ordered through Sunglass Express which was fulfilled by Amazon and when I received my previous order of Ray Bans 3025, they were legit. But then I decided to order another pair. I thought that I was ordering from Sunglass Express fulfilled by Amazon again, but it turns out, it's through some user name called Boutique Exchange, supposedly fulfilled by Amazon as well... but when I got my package and took my sunglasses out, they were wrapped in this cheap plastic wrap and put into a Ray Ban case. I'm no sure if they are legit but there was NO "P" on the Ray Ban signature logo at the top of the lenses.

WHY DO YOU POST "RAY BANS POLARIZED" IF THEY AREN'T EVEN POLARIZED?!?!?!?!?!?!?

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, April 28, 2010
Frank J. Perricone (People's Republic of Vermont) - See all my reviews
After many, many years of buying $10 "cheap sunglasses" I finally decided to see if the people who said good glasses were worth it. Unfortunately, after dropping $[...] on a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators, only a year later, they got smashed in a bad bicycle accident. The fact that I ordered a new pair a few days later is a testament to how convinced I am that good sunglasses with glass lenses are worth it.

On the first day, a pair of Aviators don't feel significantly different from the $10 knock-offs. They aren't lighter, the image isn't clearer, the eye protection isn't better, they don't look better on me. But after just a few weeks of mild use, the cheap plastic-lens glasses start to get smudges and tiny scratches, almost too tiny to see. You don't notice it at first because it progresses so slowly and gradually, but little by little, the view through them gets muddled, they get harder to clean, and you start hating them, all without even realizing. One day you get new ones and the sudden contrast is striking -- wow, these are so much better! That's your only clue for how bad the old ones really had gotten by such slow stages you never noticed.

Glass-lens, good quality sunglasses are like that first day every day. They don't develop the smudges, the scratches, the difficulty with being cleaned, the gradual degradation of quality. The day that I lost them, they were as crisp and clear, they looked as good, they fit as well, and they worked as well as the first day.

If they cost ten times as much, they ought to last ten times as long to be worth it. And assuming you don't sit on them, lose them, or get into a bike accident with them on like I did, they should do that easily. But even if they don't quite last that long, they might still be worth it. After all, ten pairs of cheap sunglasses that are smudgy and unpleasant to wear for at least half of their lives is not as nice an experience as one pair that's wonderful every day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Again, March 6, 2013
I ordered these Ray Ban RB3025 Color 004/58 (Gunmetal/Polarized Grey Lens) Size 58/14 I was Very unhappy! I rated this product a 1 because of the shape the sunglasses were received in. What I disliked about the product is when I received the product they weren't even slightly cleaned not to mention minor scuffs! The Ray Ban Box looked partially damaged and it came with the cleaning materials (which were dirty) and warranty information. I would recommend this product to no one the product was listed as new but came looking very used and unclean I recommend not to buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour Clarification - Size update, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB3025P Aviator Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I purchased these for my 19 year old daughter. Just to clarify, because I was quite confused by some of the photos I looked at... In some photos, this pair of glasses look quite pink and even though they are not advertised as such, appear to be gradient. I really didn't understand what part of the pair is "silver". What I received is: gold frame, light brown lens and very slighly mirrored. They do not appear pink at all and I still can't figure out what is "silver" in any type of light. They are NOT gradient.The lens is quite light and even with the mirroring,looking at my daughter wearing them, I can clearly see her eyes through the lens.

The glasses have some weight but have a very fine frame. The arms are needle thin, yet the frame feels sturdy. I will keep them anyway, but I wish they had pink tint/mirror and were gradient with perhaps a darker colour of brown.

UPDATE- My daughter has had two pairs of these glasses in the exact same colour: 58 mm and 55mm. Now that she has the right fit, I can say that the 58 mm is too big big. the lens is large on her small face and they are too loose on her head. Altho the 55mm are only 3mm smaller, there is a huge difference. The lens ts noticeably smaller and the arm fit is much better. I would recommend the 58 mm for an average sized man and the 55 for an average woman.

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably Fake, May 8, 2014
When I bought this item I did not realize there were two separate pictures for it. If you click on the link beside the picture on this review you'll notice it takes you to a page with pictures taken directly off of the RayBan site. The frame has a little more shine to it, the lenses are a little lighter, and the logo on the top of the right lens is etched not painted. These look to be two completely different pairs of RayBans. I can't tell if the ones I was sent (the darker pair in the pic with the review) are truly authentic or not. I cannot find a pair like them on the RayBan site they could be an older model that is no longer offered which could explain the discounted price. If they are fake I will say someone put the time and effort into them to make them look real but they are not what I ordered and Amazon needs to fix their picture link.

Ray-Ban RB3025P Aviator Polarized Sunglasses