4.0 out of 5 stars Two different sizes but not specified in the description
Published 6 months ago by William Sanchez

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Frame color in the photo
Photo is misleading. I was expecting the color of the frame to be similar to the one given in the photo, but it is completely golden in color.
Published 13 months ago by sriharsha gundappa

4.0 out of 5 stars Two different sizes but not specified in the description, June 1, 2014
Well my Ray-Ban Caravans arrived very quickly but since I was not home i couldn't try them on, so a couple of weeks later I returned and opened the package. I won't lie to you I loved the look of these sunglasses. I've had Ray-Ban before... but this model is just beautiful!!.. anyway it wasn't until I tried them on that I realized that I had ordered the 55mm Caravans and they were too small for my head and if wore for a couple of minutes the sides of my head would hurt so I just couldn't wear them. It was already a month after I made the purchase so I did not returned them, I just gave them away to my cousin. I found out later that there were two sizes (55mm-58mm) but this was not specified in the description... the only difference were the "colors" which are the same. So the ones that say "G-15XLT" are 55mm and the "Green" ones are 58mm. But apparently both are the same color (Green lens, gold frame and transparent temple tip. I'm buying another pair because I really loved how these looked on me so hopefully they'll fit!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Iconic, but needs a few notes, August 13, 2013
J. Tant (Under the cultural penumbra of Washington DC) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
A great style, especially for those of us who don't go for the original Aviator style. But these sunglasses do need a few notes.

The size on these have 58mm-diameter lenses with 15 mm between the lenses (if my decoding of the code on the side is correct. This is the largest size in this style, and even at that they are just *slightly* too small at the ears for my head. For context, the Ray Ban Wayfarer with a 50mm lens and 22m nosepiece fits perfectly.

Also these, like the original Aviators, are intended to cover pretty much the entire eye socket, so if you're seeing light coming in from the side or top...they are too small for you.

In other words, if you don't have a specific size head, these may not work for you and you'll be frustrated. I know it's hard to buy online since you don't get to try them on. OTOH, it's a little unethical (in my opinion) to go to a brick-and-mortar store just to try them on so you can turn around and buy them off of Amazon. DIYD and all that.

Assuming the fit is acceptable, these are very well made sunglasses. They just *feel* like quality and the lenses are fantastic. There is some concern on Amazon about some Ray Bans being fakes. The pair I received are the real thing - look for the etched R-B on the left lens (not the lens with the white logo on it), the R-B logo on the nosepieces, the lenses being made of glass (not plastic) and the identifier engraved on the underside of the bridge...these are indicators that you have a genuine pair in your hands. I purchased directly from Amazon, not a "fulfilled by Amazon" purchase, so caveat emptor on that score.

All in all, an outstanding pair of glasses at a good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars The classic., March 24, 2013
What can one say about these glasses that hasn't already been said. They're the perfect frames for cruising up a river into Laos, or walking out in the tarmac to get into your F-105, the world altitude record dancing in your mind. Maybe you're planning a trip with your friend, torn jeans and vintage motorcycle hugging your legs.

Whatever your business, these glasses will take you there in style. Their solid, light construction offer reassuring protection from those pesky UVA/UVB rays. I only wish I would have sprung for the polarized lenses.

4.0 out of 5 stars bigger, September 8, 2010
I really like these sunglasses. I was worried, that because they come in different sizes, they would look too small on my face (as I am a bigger guy with a larger head) but these are a larger version of the Caravan sunglasses and look great (forgive my vanity). The frame is thin so I must be careful with them, but overall they are the quality sunglasses I expected from Ray Ban.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sunglasses, April 27, 2010
These sunglasses are great. They have an old school classic style. I wear them every chance I get. You can not go wrong with is product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Glasses!!, September 23, 2013
Jennifer Carney (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
They fit perfect! And with Prime, the arrived at my vacation destination before I did! I get lots of compliments on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great...., April 9, 2014
I highly recommended this glasses . Great price and quality.

btw if you are fan of De Niro...

Robert De Niro wearing Ray Ban Caravan in “Taxi Driver” :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Definitely Real If You Are As Skeptical As I Was, April 25, 2014
These sunglasses are awesome! I have gotten tons of compliments. That said, the main purpose for my review (this is literally my first review ever on any product from any website) is to inform people that these Ray Bans are 100% Authentic. I was very worried to get a fake pair, so worried that I even goggled " are ray bans from amazon real" and found some information but nothing of substance. I even went as far as to order a pair from Ray Bans website to compare the two (Ray Ban does free shipping and free returns so it was no money out of my pocket once my credit card was credited back) and trust me after comparing the two ... these are 100% legit. I was worried because Amazon price is significantly lower than Ray Bans website.

As, I mentioned before I never write reviews but I strongly felt that anyone with the same concern should get an opinion regarding the authenticity of these Ray Bans.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, December 17, 2012
Very nice sun glasses. The tint is just right and they don't weigh a lot. Priced very competively for the quality of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my petite face!, October 10, 2011
I've been looking for a pair of aviator sunglasses. It seemed that most of them were always too big and overwhelmed my petite face. These are perfect! My new favorite sunglasses!

Ray-Ban RB3136 Caravan Sunglasses 55 mm